Monday Scores

gtownkeeper

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They seriously gave them a pk in overtime to give them this win? These refs are bogus this year.

Your serious right? They gave Pinetree a pk in Overtime (3mins remaining) last year to give them the win against Longview. And again this year 3 mins into the first half against Pinetree but then was denied a pk in the second half. Timing of the call isnt the issue. Those refs were from Tyler. Longview has had its fair share of being wronged.

Your serious right? They gave Pinetree a pk in Overtime (3mins remaining) last year to give them the win against Longview. And again this year 3 mins into the first half against Pinetree but then was denied a pk in the second half. Timing of the call isnt the issue. Those refs were from Tyler. Longview has had its fair share of being wronged.

Well Marshall had a ball hit of the soccer post against Hallsville with about 2 min left in the game that was headed in which would have given them the win, the ref said it hit the field goal post however the lines man disagreed wtih him

Then in overtime you are going to give a call to a kid who flops right on the outside of the 18 to get a pk?

Well Marshall had a ball hit of the soccer post against Hallsville with about 2 min left in the game that was headed in which would have given them the win, the ref said it hit the field goal post however the lines man disagreed wtih him

Then in overtime you are going to give a call to a kid who flops right on the outside of the 18 to get a pk? Please you dont make that call unless you are positive it is a foul and you then consult your linesman. So yes i am serious the refs are horrible this year, worse than ever before. The refs have been deciding the games this year in district which shouldnt be the case.

So becuase a team was wronged the year before (prob by a different ref) the deserve to get a call that a ref is unsure about this year? i dont think so.

I agree that the refs have decided games this year in our district. No linesman last night and two refs that did both the jv and varsity game. The guy that was suppose to be there didnt show up and left those two in an unfortunate circumstance.

So becuase a team was wronged the year before (prob by a different ref) the deserve to get a call that a ref is unsure about this year? i dont think so.

I was stating that Longview was wronged just a week before that at Pinetree by a bogus call outside the box, not even a handball, that was put as a pk 3 mins in the game. Then not given a pk on a foul inside the box later. So we have all been scr***ed this season. The crappy calls the game before was unfortunate as well. No one likes to be wronged when the kids play their heart out.

I was stating that Longview was wronged just a week before that at Pinetree by a bogus call outside the box, not even a handball, that was put as a pk 3 mins in the game. Then not given a pk on a foul inside the box later. So we have all been scr***ed this season. The crappy calls the game before was unfortunate as well. No one likes to be wronged when the kids play their heart out.

I got ya

Play the ball at all times, stay in your positions, work with your team, make good passes and solid shots. Anything not blatent shouldn't be called in the last 3 mins of a game especially if the game is close, it should go into o.t. or shoot out. However, the reffing is what it is. Everyone feels "wronged" in a game but the game is between the teams and their efforts. Fans always feel "wronged" when they don't get a call they feel they should. :unsure:

Careful talking about putting a time limit on when a call should and should not be made. The refs are there to call the game from start to finish just like we tell our players to play the full 80 (+ OT if needed). If your team were down by 1 or tied and there was a PK situation in your favor in the last 3 minutes you and your entire sideline would be screaming for the PK. I know it stinks to lose by a PK late but if it's the right call then the ref should make it and time should not be a factor.

I know this was primarily going another direction so I'll stop and leave all of that to yall. I just wanted to chime in on the time issue.

No District Varsity game should have duel refs that just finished duel reffing (sp?) the jv game in the pouring rain. Even I dont wanna stand out there for 5 hrs.

Put a clause in your district administrative plan that varsity games must have a 3 ref system. If a dual situation should arise then your admin plan allows the coaches to mutually agree on another date (just like weather) when you can get a 3 ref system there or they can agree to play the game. In any case there can be no complaints afterwards. I think even with that you'll find most coaches would still play the dual once they were there.

Put a clause in your district administrative plan that varsity games must have a 3 ref system. If a dual situation should arise then your admin plan allows the coaches to mutually agree on another date (just like weather) when you can get a 3 ref system there or they can agree to play the game. In any case there can be no complaints afterwards. I think even with that you'll find most coaches would still play the dual once they were there.

Hadnt thought bout that. But I do agree with others that the refs havent been able to keep up with the game in our district this year. Its very very competitive in our district and lots of cards have been issued to all teams. Including 2 reds to pinetree and one to hallsville last night. Marshall is in no way a last place team. They are very very good.

Just wondering, if it occurred to anyone else, that maybe one reason it's hard to get enough people to be referees, is the attitudes expressed about the people doing the job right now?

Really, step back and look at it. People come on and complain about the referees making or not making calls, when mostly it's a judgement call, and their opinion is different from the referee, and it adversly affected their team. And then, some will complain about not having enough people to cover their games? Would you want to put up with the critisism and one-sided abuse? Think about it next time you only see 2 show up for a 3 game evening.

Just wondering, if it occurred to anyone else, that maybe one reason it's hard to get enough people to be referees, is the attitudes expressed about the people doing the job right now?

Really, step back and look at it. People come on and complain about the referees making or not making calls, when mostly it's a judgement call, and their opinion is different from the referee, and it adversly affected their team. And then, some will complain about not having enough people to cover their games? Would you want to put up with the critisism and one-sided abuse? Think about it next time you only see 2 show up for a 3 game evening.

Amen to that brother, I could not have said it any better myself. :yelp: