THE SUN IS SHINNING IN TEAGUE

homegrown

This is from the Historical Records on Smoaky looks like Teague has shined a few times

BY DECADES W- L- T P-C-S

1914-19 4-10-0 --------

1920-29 27-29-7 0- 0- 0

1930-39 50-41-2 1- 1- 0

1940-49 43-41-6 1- 1- 0

1950-59 39-54-5 0- 0- 0

1960-69 32-63-3 0- 0- 0

1970-79 41-54-5 1- 1- 0

1980-89 37-58-4 0- 0- 0

1990-99 41-59-2 2- 1- 0

2000-09 54-52-0 4- 0- 0

TOTAL: 368-461-34 9- 4- 0

Undefeated Seasons: 0

Winless Seasons: 2 (1963, 1990)

Last District Championship: 1976 (Tri-Champion in 1998)

Last Playoff Appearance: 2008

Playoff Record: 0-9-0

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is from the Historical Records on Smoaky looks like Teague has shined a few times

BY DECADES W- L- T P-C-S

1914-19 4-10-0 --------

1920-29 27-29-7 0- 0- 0

1930-39 50-41-2 1- 1- 0

1940-49 43-41-6 1- 1- 0

1950-59 39-54-5 0- 0- 0

1960-69 32-63-3 0- 0- 0

1970-79 41-54-5 1- 1- 0

1980-89 37-58-4 0- 0- 0

1990-99 41-59-2 2- 1- 0

2000-09 54-52-0 4- 0- 0

TOTAL: 368-461-34 9- 4- 0

Undefeated Seasons: 0

Winless Seasons: 2 (1963, 1990)

Last District Championship: 1976 (Tri-Champion in 1998)

Last Playoff Appearance: 2008

Playoff Record: 0-9-0

Looks Mostly Cloudy to Ol' Gus!!!

I think this is the start of a long marriage to come. I think Josh Finney will do wonders for Teague High School. I do know they passed up on a lot of good coaches to get Finney. I'm sure the Teague faithful are ready for this guy to get his foot in the door. Oh and on the whole Teague being at the top, never been at the top for sure, but I do know for about 6-7 years, you didn't want to schedule them. Run-oriented, with kids that would hit you in the mouth. Hopefully they'll get that style of play back on the field. Good luck Coach Finney and good luck Teague :thumbsup:

the mark of a great coach is not whether or not they leave a team better than before.... and i quote from Coaches mouth " he is more proud of one of his kids when he receives a letter, postcard, pic....ect of how he helped them become a better person!!!!!" NOT how he helped the program!!!

I think this is the start of a long marriage to come. I think Josh Finney will do wonders for Teague High School. I do know they passed up on a lot of good coaches to get Finney. I'm sure the Teague faithful are ready for this guy to get his foot in the door. Oh and on the whole Teague being at the top, never been at the top for sure, but I do know for about 6-7 years, you didn't want to schedule them. Run-oriented, with kids that would hit you in the mouth. Hopefully they'll get that style of play back on the field. Good luck Coach Finney and good luck Teague :thumbsup:

long marriage are u serious 1a 2a 3a 4a 5a college he is still young

get real he is leaving in good spirits

you have nothing to offer long term he hasnt already seen or heard

great guy loved him as a coach but if he settles for 1 or 2 or 3a HS ball i would be very disappointed

long marriage are u serious 1a 2a 3a 4a 5a college he is still young

get real he is leaving in good spirits

you have nothing to offer long term he hasnt already seen or heard

great guy loved him as a coach but if he settles for 1 or 2 or 3a HS ball i would be very disappointed

Don't think they would of hired him if they didn't think he would be there 10+ years. Teague has a new school being built with a lot of updates coming to the football field, concession stands, visiting locker-rooms, ect. We'll see though, you may be right. Just don't think the Teague vote-committee would of hired him if they were under the assumption he would use the Teague job as a stepping stone, but like I said we'll see..

I have no doubt that he'll turn our program around. I just really believe Teague has some things to offer to keep a coach around. Plus it's a town that's easy to get attached to, but like I said we'll see..

Good luck to the Maud Cardinals as they start their search for a new AD. They deserve one just as good as the last one.

maud has a church on every cornor

hunting property government and private

1 lake fed by a river catfish bite good year round

4lakes whithin 45 minutes

several programs for kids of every age baseball basketball soccer and of course football

lots of back wood country

we still leave our cars and houses unlocked

come' on man and u got what? 4years tops im realy leaning to 3 cause i belieave whith the seasons you have had your boys will be ready to go to work. I predict you will get to playoffs your first year take your district the second to third then............... :thumbsup: :chase:

(I HATE SEEING HIM GO BUT MAKE NO MISTAKE HE IS A REBUILDER)

Don't think they would of hired him if they didn't think he would be there 10+ years. Teague has a new school being built with a lot of updates coming to the football field, concession stands, visiting locker-rooms, ect. We'll see though, you may be right. Just don't think the Teague vote-committee would of hired him if they were under the assumption he would use the Teague job as a stepping stone, but like I said we'll see..

STEPPING STONE WOULDNT SAY THAT

A LATTER YES AND WILL DO GOOD FOR YOUR KIDS AND SCHOOL

ON HIS WAY UP

BELIEVE THE HIPE HE IS GOOD

This is sounding like a Chamber of Commerce meeting. Ha! Seriously though, I was at the school yesterday & I saw with my own eyes the deep emotions that plagued Coach and his wife. I could tell this was not an easy decision for them. Mrs. Brittany said this has been their home,they love this town and all the people. They are stepping out on faith and trusting the Lord for guidance right now. We were lucky to have had them as long as we did. 4 yrs at one job is considered long nowadays. Yes, thank the good lord that coach knew how to rebuild a program. He's left us in great shape for the new one to come in and take over. We wish you well,Coach. Don't forget us-the lake will have a surplus of fish once you're gone!

As a district foe I've got to say I'm glad to see Finney go. The biggest change he made at Maud was the how the kids believed they should win, not can win, but should win. He gets props from me on that. You knew the kids would be strong and well conditioned. The exciting thing for Teague should be that Finney made the Maud kids believe immediately, not after a 2-3 year adjustment period, but from the start.

I think one thing that is getting overlooked in this as far as the effect the change will have on Maud is not only the fact that Finney is leaving, but also that Coach Callahan is leaving. Jeff is a very good coach and a great guy. Callahan does a lot for the Maud athletic program and I think will be missed just about as much.

...I think one thing that is getting overlooked in this as far as the effect the change will have on Maud is not only the fact that Finney is leaving, but also that Coach Callahan is leaving. Jeff is a very good coach and a great guy. Callahan does a lot for the Maud athletic program and I think will be missed just about as much.

You're so right,GatorGrad. The Callahans' leaving is a double whammy. Good,good people! We wish them all the best as well. It has been a pleasure.

Ahhhhh you just have to love those sour grapes from Bulldog land!! Little ole' Maud that they used to kick around and humiliate STILL beat your rear ends WITHOUT DI athletes and you just can't stand it, can ya!!! Doesn't surprise me at all.

HARD WORK AND GREAT COACHING are the keys to success and he will do the same thing at Teague that he did here. We hate to lose such a high caliber coach and person but our program is much better because he was here. THAT'S the mark of a great coach, leave the program in better shape than it was when he arrived, and there is no doubt that he did just that.

Like I said...it is not a knock on Finney. He did a good job. If there was a knock it was on Teague. No sour grapes here, you kicked our butt worse this year than last year with the Big 3. My quote was that is would be very difficult to turn around Teague.....no matter who went there. I don't know why that was so hard to read. Where did you go to school?

That's not the sun...it's Josh Finney's head!

Now that was hilarious!

Hard to turn around Teague, you must dont know what we have comming up.. I can asure you that they are comming and if you knew what I have been putting together these last few years you would feel the same.. Keep thinking that Teague dont have nothing and see us rise back up the rankings..

Hard to turn around Teague, you must dont know what we have comming up.. I can asure you that they are comming and if you knew what I have been putting together these last few years you would feel the same.. Keep thinking that Teague dont have nothing and see us rise back up the rankings..

What is your definition of "turning around"? I would say 3-4 straight years of playoff trips. Consistent 7-3, 8-2 or 9-1 seasons....if that happens in the next 5 years, come find me and I will buy you a buffet dinner at Sam's in Fairfield or somewhere nice. Either way, good luck to Teeg or Tig however you pronounce it.

What is your definition of "turning around"? I would say 3-4 straight years of playoff trips. Consistent 7-3, 8-2 or 9-1 seasons....if that happens in the next 5 years, come find me and I will buy you a buffet dinner at Sam's in Fairfield or somewhere nice. Either way, good luck to Teeg or Tig however you pronounce it.

They also gotta win a playoff game...

They also gotta win a playoff game...

You two are killin me. Now you're definition of turning a program around is to turn a 1-9 prev season into a 3,4,5 year record of 7-3,8-2, or 9-1 season with a playoff win to boot. Keep moving that carrot.

Sounds like you want to see someone fail before they even get started. How about just wishing someone good luck?