will the new ad/head coach make a difference in bullard?

pantherfan01

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, he will make a difference in Bullard...just not in the win column. The community will learn a lot and gain a valuable experience with Coach Wilson being the Athletic Director. Sometimes winning just isn't going to happen...that's not the worst thing in the world.

Man that didnt take long to get on this guy---is he even on campus yet? Are the bullard kids too good to play for a coach from a winning program---jeez---sound like the good ol bullard I played against in high school

Just wandering how much he will help the football program. The old coach is who some players would not play for.

The new AD has already made a difference in Bullard. He was at all of the basketball games at the end of the season, on the floor shaking the players (girls and boys) hands, and patting them on the back. He even made a pre-game appearance in the dressing room. I heard that he made a couple of the baseball games at the Ft. Worth tournament. His support of the athletes participating in other sports is unheard of in Bullard. His attitude is appreciated by the players, parents, and fans. He is like a breath of fresh air.

The new AD has already made a difference in Bullard. He was at all of the basketball games at the end of the season, on the floor shaking the players (girls and boys) hands, and patting them on the back. He even made a pre-game appearance in the dressing room. I heard that he made a couple of the baseball games at the Ft. Worth tournament. His support of the athletes participating in other sports is unheard of in Bullard. His attitude is appreciated by the players, parents, and fans. He is like a breath of fresh air.

That is great. I live in Bullard and only have a young son but I like supporting our ath. and am glad to hear we got someone like him.

I think that just having a new coach will help out a lot. I'm not saying anything bad about the last coach, but maybe the players just didnt understand well what he wanted done. Maybe the new coach can restate it more clearly and can wake up Bullard's program. I don't lack faith in that program.

The Country Club is over for Bullard. It didn’t take long for Coach Wilson to see these boys were lost. A new direction and attitude is showing up at the field house. My son is still trying to get over his soreness from working out so hard and the season is over. These boys worked harder under Coach Lee back in 7th and 8th grade.

Coach Wilson is doing his best to build our boys up with weights and endurance. We are small in size so we have to become stronger to offset our size. IT CAN BE DONE! Boys that are just now joining the off season have immediately noticed the difference. Coach is tough. It will be good for our boys.

The Country Club is over for Bullard. It didn't take long for Coach Wilson to see these boys were lost. A new direction and attitude is showing up at the field house. My son is still trying to get over his soreness from working out so hard and the season is over. These boys worked harder under Coach Lee back in 7th and 8th grade.

Coach Wilson is doing his best to build our boys up with weights and endurance. We are small in size so we have to become stronger to offset our size. IT CAN BE DONE! Boys that are just now joining the off season have immediately noticed the difference. Coach is tough. It will be good for our boys.

I agree. It can be done. Nothing is impossible. Just gotta put your mind to it and give effort and push through the challenges you face.

New coach from SLC coming to Bullard, will he make a difference for Panther football? Heard a lot of the better ath. would not turn out for the old coach.

[/quote

Made a huge difference. Installing a good weight and off season program, getting kids back in the program, instilling a new interest in the school. This is a good group of kids that deserve the chance to be all they can be, whatever that is. Let the past be the past, but this program has no where to go but up. This is a goldmine for a new coach with the right attitued. The Bullrd ISD is a great place and community. There is a new facility, and great fan support.

Coming from SLC means nothing more than, He came from a great staff, from one of the best football programs in the nation over the past decade. He will bring the knowlege of how to run a program 12 months a year, and how to prepare a group of young men to at least compete with the Gilmers, and Chapel Hill, White Oaks of the world. I did say compete...... Given time to put his stamp on the program, and build it from the JV up.... and the right group of kids come along, coach will have the things in place to go to the next level. Im just glad its over... When the storm blew over the new scoreboard last season... a fan said " why even bother to put it back up." And that says it all.

Go Panthers Go

Made a huge difference. Installing a good weight and off season program, getting kids back in the program, instilling a new interest in the school. This is a good group of kids that deserve the chance to be all they can be, whatever that is. Let the past be the past, but this program has no where to go but up. This is a goldmine for a new coach with the right attitued. The Bullrd ISD is a great place and community. There is a new facility, and great fan support.

Coming from SLC means nothing more than, He came from a great staff, from one of the best football programs in the nation over the past decade. He will bring the knowlege of how to run a program 12 months a year, and how to prepare a group of young men to at least compete with the Gilmers, and Chapel Hill, White Oaks of the world. I did say compete...... Given time to put his stamp on the program, and build it from the JV up.... and the right group of kids come along, coach will have the things in place to go to the next level. Im just glad its over... When the storm blew over the new scoreboard last season... a fan said " why even bother to put it back up." And that says it all.

Go Panthers Go

A gold mine? A great fan support? You said when the scoreboard blew over last season a fan said, "Why even bother to put it back up?" I wouldn't consider that "great fan support." Bullard will never be able to compete with "the Gilmers of the world." Building a program starts long before JV athletics. I have no doubts Bullard will be better, but let's be a little more realistic.

:thumbsup: Coach Wilson is already making a impact with the team, players, students and the whole town. He has the kids buying into his program more everyday. They are already working on the little things, showing up early for lifting, staying late to run, etc. Such a long time since my son was excited about going to workouts. Go Panthers!

So far so good. He is requiring the kids to come in three mornings a weeks before school to get in extra lifting. I know that's hard on the kids to get there, but it will build muscle and if they don't make they will run. I just can't wait to see the athletes that have been floating around the school untapped. Bullard Football will make a run this year.

I have never been excited if someone shakes my hand and pats me on the back, as a parent I want a coach for the kids. So hopefully this guy can do it.

Go Panthers!

What about the Baseball team - they are fun to watch!

[/quote

Go Panthers Go

A gold mine? A great fan support? You said when the scoreboard blew over last season a fan said, "Why even bother to put it back up?" I wouldn't consider that "great fan support." Bullard will never be able to compete with "the Gilmers of the world." Building a program starts long before JV athletics. I have no doubts Bullard will be better, but let's be a little more realistic.

Never say never! You may have to eat those words one day. This is high school athletics and kids come and go, Bullard has some coming that are hungry and ready to win. I teach 5/6 P.E. and those kids are also working hard on getting stronger and learning how to compete. In August we started working on strength, quickness, and endurance and these boys and girls are starting to see results. It's all about MOTIVATION and Coach Wilson is a motivator. It may be a few years, but you WILL eat those words one day. People in Bullard are starting to realize that you have to WORK for what you want. I am a firm believer in "what the mind can conceive, the body can achieve"! Can't wait till Monday to tell our kids about your comments, not that they need it to work hard, but it can't hurt. Go PANTHERS!!!

I may have to eat those words or I will have to eat those words? It seems you're a little unsure. There are starving children all over the world that are hungry...that doesn't mean they will get to eat at the grown up table one day. Bullard has always had kids that work hard. Just not enough athletes to "compete with the Gilmers of the world." I don't doubt at all they will be better...but again...let's be a little more realistic.

I may have to eat those words or I will have to eat those words? It seems you're a little unsure. There are starving children all over the world that are hungry...that doesn't mean they will get to eat at the grown up table one day. Bullard has always had kids that work hard. Just not enough athletes to "compete with the Gilmers of the world." I don't doubt at all they will be better...but again...let's be a little more realistic.

Take it any way you want, but Bullard has some athlete's coming. By the way how did your girls basketball team do against Bullard this year? Tell them to keep working hard, because they will never be able to compete with the Bullards of the world. I coached in Gilmer in the early 90's and people used to say the same thing about Gilmer, but then Coach Traylor comes in with a winning attitude and look what has happened. Read my lips! Bullard will compete and you WILL eat your words one day.

Take it any way you want, but Bullard has some athlete's coming. By the way how did your girls basketball team do against Bullard this year? Tell them to keep working hard, because they will never be able to compete with the Bullards of the world. I coached in Gilmer in the early 90's and people used to say the same thing about Gilmer, but then Coach Traylor comes in with a winning attitude and look what has happened. Read my lips! Bullard will compete and you WILL eat your words one day.

The comment was about "competing with the Gilmers of the world." I am not from Gilmer...I was referring to the comment. I think when I was living in Bullard they had a female football player. Maybe they should get a few of the basketball players to play football since you're telling me those girls can not only compete with the "Gilmers of the world" but my oh my...actually beat Gilmer!

For the next two years they dont have to worry about the "Gilmers of the world"...

That being said it is still going to be an uphill battle.. IF the new AD/HC gets EVERYONE on board it would make that uphill battle a lil easier..And I wish them luck..

Why does everyone seem to hate on Bullard... They dont field the best football team- so what? All the other sports are competive..

They do have athletes there.. French kid has a shot at state in track.. Baseball will make some noise.. Both basketball teams have already finished great seasons.. Even have an all-state girls bball player..

Things will click sooner or later..

Never say never! You may have to eat those words one day. This is high school athletics and kids come and go, Bullard has some coming that are hungry and ready to win. I teach 5/6 P.E. and those kids are also working hard on getting stronger and learning how to compete. In August we started working on strength, quickness, and endurance and these boys and girls are starting to see results. It's all about MOTIVATION and Coach Wilson is a motivator. It may be a few years, but you WILL eat those words one day. People in Bullard are starting to realize that you have to WORK for what you want. I am a firm believer in "what the mind can conceive, the body can achieve"! Can't wait till Monday to tell our kids about your comments, not that they need it to work hard, but it can't hurt. Go PANTHERS!!!

What that fan said about the scoreboard, was a fan still in the stands when it was 50-0. That was my point about Bullard fan base. They come every Friday night, win or lose, and stand in line to work consession stands, clean the field or what ever.

I did say compete with Gilmer, and I quoted again COMPETE... That means show up, and be competetive, and staying close, instead of getting routed. With a new attitude, alot of hard work, and a positive plan, anything can happen. Thats how the Gilmers of the world got started, 10 years ago when Jeff Traylor came to town. Im telling you now, when these kids in Bullard rally arounf coach Wilson, given some time.. their going to be improved, and thats all I can see. I have been around this program , and alot of these kids, and I welcome the change, and see it as a positive, and that never hurt anybody. Things do change.