PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS

taz3

Hey i was just giving my opinion! THe record over the last couple of years has been impressive, but thats because of talented players! "Players win games, Coaches lose them!"

Since we are in the Spirit of March Madness, look at North Carolina for example, Great coach in Roy Williams, won the National Championship last year, this year he lost most of his talented players and now they're not in the tournament at all! Point being its not necessarily the coaching that makes good teams!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey i was just giving my opinion! THe record over the last couple of years has been impressive, but thats because of talented players! "Players win games, Coaches lose them!"

Since we are in the Spirit of March Madness, look at North Carolina for example, Great coach in Roy Williams, won the National Championship last year, this year he lost most of his talented players and now they're not in the tournament at all! Point being its not necessarily the coaching that makes good teams!

Are you serious??? When was the last time you saw a Coach miss a PK for the win? It takes a combination of both being great to make it happen. This team was talented 4 years ago, did they even make the play-offs, much less think of winning a district championship? Coach Lawless came in and made them believe they could be great players. He shares their passion for the game, that's why they play their hearts out for a full 80 minutes! He has faith in this team and they know it. Sometimes kids just need someone to believe in them, for them to realize their full potential.

Instead of making a solid FOOL of yourself, just go ahead, and for the thounsandth time, say "I don't like Coach Lawless" PERIOD.... GET OVER IT!!

That doesn't impact one bit the type of Coach he is.

Hey Smoaky......Thought your were going to BAN people for consistently bashing others on this site?? These intelligent :hmm: people are obviousley not on here for the right reasons. Somebody needs to take out the trash :clap:

Even if "daddy" doesn't step in, and make those kids get in line, Lawdog is a big boy, and can defend himself.

With the type of bashing that goes on, everyone knows what's going on, and they just dig their own hate hole, so Lawless usually lets it roll off himself like water off a duck.

There is usually no factual basis for what they spew, just haters.

Shame, they probably didn't enjoy their youth.

I do not know Lindale's coach, and doubt I have even seen him from a distance, much less in person, but his record says volumes. Try to twist it any way you want, it's transparent to all.

Still, if we all agreed, there'd be no fun in posting!

Which is it?

Ok so why is everybody trying to gang up on me, just because what i said is what i thought was the truth, sometimes the Truth Hurts!

Dont try to get me in trouble because my opinion does not agree with yours Etsoccerfan!! Each person is entitled to their opoinion and thats what blogs are for! If you wanna live a fantasy world where everybody plays nice then go ahead!

Ok so why is everybody trying to gang up on me, just because what i said is what i thought was the truth, sometimes the Truth Hurts!

Dont try to get me in trouble because my opinion does not agree with yours Etsoccerfan!! Each person is entitled to their opoinion and thats what blogs are for! If you wanna live a fantasy world where everybody plays nice then go ahead!

Sometimes the truth is that we have to look in the mirror and see ourselves for who we are. I have been down on a particular referee. I don't think I am wrong about him not being as good as everyone thinks. I think he is lousy. But he has experience and if everyone wants to praise him...be my guest. It won't change my opinion of him. But I will keep my opinion about him to myself and if what I think is true, then the truth will come out in the end. Or he will change my opinion about him by truely being impartial. Same with you. If Lawless is a sorry coach , as YOU say, then let time tell. Personally...I think Lindale will have many good years with him as coach...because of the talent that they have currently, and the talent they have coming up over the next 5-6+ years, AND because of the style and caliber of coaching.

Ok say and believe what you may. Time will tell!

time will tell, and I hope you are man enough to apologize to lawless when it's all over. Instead of hating so much why don't you take some pointers from him . Love the lord first , and love and respect the kids next. It is amazing what they will do for you.

Red oak and Lindale are both still undefeated. I think that Red Oak and Lindale will play for the regional title which will be a very good game.

I think Red Oak and Lindale would actually meet up in the Regional Semi-final if they both advance. With that being said, Lindale will have to beat PT/MP in the third round which is always a tall order. If they survive the third round game, I think they have a really good chance of advancing to the Regional Final again.

I don't see them advancing past there however. I would love to see East TX represented in the state tourney, but the top half of Region 2 is very stout! With the likes of Pearce, Poteet, RL Turner, and Wakeland...whoever comes out of the top half of region 2 will be my favorite to win state in 4A.

I think Red Oak and Lindale would actually meet up in the Regional Semi-final if they both advance. With that being said, Lindale will have to beat PT/MP in the third round which is always a tall order. If they survive the third round game, I think they have a really good chance of advancing to the Regional Final again.

I don't see them advancing past there however. I would love to see East TX represented in the state tourney, but the top half of Region 2 is very stout! With the likes of Pearce, Poteet, RL Turner, and Wakeland...whoever comes out of the top half of region 2 will be my favorite to win state in 4A.

Longview played Richardson Pearce and West Mesquite. That is the easiest indicator to how Lindale will do. Longview beat Pierce and West Mesquite. West Mesquite beat Poteet and loss to Poteet in the last minute. I think Red Oak will beat Lindale. Red oak has the two top ten scorers in dallas presently at forward and very dangerous all over the field. The majority of their team is Seniors and are second in dallas in not allowing goals and scoring. They have only been scored on 5 times all year. Now, next comment would be how strong is there district. Corsicana is in their district and Longview beat Corsicana and tied Corsicana this year. Red Oak beat Corsicana and Longview. I did hear that Wakeland was good but not as successful as Red oak. Wakeland lost to denton Ryan 2-0 and Red Oak beat Denton Ryan 4-1. If Lindale plays Red Oak it will be a very good game and worth the price of admission. I know the Red Oak coach said that this is the year for them and he wont be near as good next year. I just wish we could have finished the Longview tournament so Lindale and Red oak could have played each other in the final.

You can't base how good a team is on common opponents. But I do agree that it will be a very good game, something like the Lindale Pinetree match up if we're lucky. But i wouldn't count Lindale out, you say Red Oak has two top ten scorers in Dallas, but I would be highly surprised if there was anyone in Region 2 with 38 some odd goals as Shipman out of Lindale does, granted Lindale has had a weaker schedule; the Shipmans would rival any two players in the state, so I don't think Red Oak's "two top ten scorers" are going to overpower Lindale by any means, and the same goes for the Shipmans of Lindale, two players can't win a game.

You can't base how good a team is on common opponents. But I do agree that it will be a very good game, something like the Lindale Pinetree match up if we're lucky. But i wouldn't count Lindale out, you say Red Oak has two top ten scorers in Dallas, but I would be highly surprised if there was anyone in Region 2 with 38 some odd goals as Shipman out of Lindale does, granted Lindale has had a weaker schedule; the Shipmans would rival any two players in the state, so I don't think Red Oak's "two top ten scorers" are going to overpower Lindale by any means, and the same goes for the Shipmans of Lindale, two players can't win a game.

I agree with you I was just merely tryin to find some similarities for those in East texas that havent seen many of the top bracket teams play. I have no intentions of counting Lindale out. I hope they do represent East texas well. I know that the Longview boys felt that Red Oak wasnt that good and they could have beaten them if not for some defensive errors. All Im saying is that they are good all over the field and finish very well.

I have not seen Red oak play , but have heard about them they too have a weak district. But we will soon see how good they are . Mt. pleasant should be a good game but lindale is pretty strong and should have their way with them for the third time. Just wanted to say I was very disappointed with Pinetree last night. That is not the Pine Tree I remember playing when I was in school Long ball play come on how did they make it to the playoffs by what I saw last night. For any of you Pine Tree I hope the player that got hurt last night is okay. Worst collision i have ever seen to start a game not just start but ever seen in a game.

To Diesel aren't you from east texas, even though you don't like law dog you figure you would be rooting for someone out of East Texas just saying. It is okay to have an opinion but at least have a good one.

I have not seen Red oak play , but have heard about them they too have a weak district. But we will soon see how good they are . Mt. pleasant should be a good game but lindale is pretty strong and should have their way with them for the third time. Just wanted to say I was very disappointed with Pinetree last night. That is not the Pine Tree I remember playing when I was in school Long ball play come on how did they make it to the playoffs by what I saw last night. For any of you Pine Tree I hope the player that got hurt last night is okay. Worst collision i have ever seen to start a game not just start but ever seen in a game.

To Diesel aren't you from east texas, even though you don't like law dog you figure you would be rooting for someone out of East Texas just saying. It is okay to have an opinion but at least have a good one.

I dont know when you played Pine Tree but they played long ball for many many years. Especially under Coach Wait.

I understand the injured PT player is "ok". Don't really know the extent of the injuries, but after visiting the hospital, he was able to go on home last night.

Don't follow boys soccer that closely, but PT lost a LOT of seniors last year. I would guess many on this year's team played sparingly last year or were on JV. I don't think they graduate nearly as many this year. Perhaps just one "down" season and they will be back strong next year.