ZZ Top at the Oil Palace

et_football

I gotta catch this one - this one will make my 20th ZZ Top concert and they never disappoint. However – they were a little weak with the “gentlemen start your engines” call at the fall TMS race this past November.

Fandango and Tres Hombres were my favorite High School years ZZ Top albums - with Degüello being my all-time favorite ZZ Top album [not including box sets].

Swaeeeettt! See if I can't drag hubby....second thought... I think I'll take the boys! Even more fun!

Update - well, told hubby about it - he wants to go, and asked young'un - he definitely wants to go, but he said, Mom, will you promise not to sing along, though? LOL! I have no idea what he's talking about, but hubby and him both were laughing... I told him it wouldn't matter, even if he was standing right beside me he wouldn't be able to hear me...young'un's never been to a rock concert.......LOL!

Word on the street is that .38 Special will open (still checking on that)

According to the email, Jonathan Tyler & the Northern Lights will be opening the show. However, their website has them doing a show in College Station on the same night. I would prefer .38 Special myself.

Jonathan Tyler + Northern Lights is a solid band..........but I would prefer .38 Special, as well.

Good number of original members still with them: Don Barnes, Larry Junstrom & Donnie Van Zant

If its .38 Special then I will buy tickets.

• 4 weeks later...

ZZ Top set list (04.23.2010)

Thunderbird

Francine

Waitin' For The Bus/Jesus Just Left Chicago

Pincushion

I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide

Got Me Under Pressure

Future Blues

Dust My Broom

Rock Me Baby

Cheap Sunglasses

I Need You Tonight

Hey Joe

Brown Sugar

Party On The Patio

Just Got Paid

Gimme All Your Lovin'

Sharp Dressed Man

Legs

Encore

Viva Las Vegas

La Grange

Tush

good set, but disappointed they did not play "Heard It On The X"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was too far away to take any quality photos of ZZ Top with my antiquated cell phone camera, but I did get some decent shots of opening band Jonathan Tyler And The Northern Lights – as they mingled with fans and sold their wares after their set:

26758_384724444332_748014332_3672345_739

26758_384724434332_748014332_3672343_538

26758_384724414332_748014332_3672339_435

26758_384724454332_748014332_3672347_543

good set, but disappointed they did not play "Heard It On The X"

I always want to hear "Sure Got Cold After the Rain Fell" but they never play it. They did send out ballots via e-mail with a list to vote on - Heard It On The X wasn't on the list tho'.

I would have enjoyed a Balinese/Mexican Blackbird/Heard It On the X/Tush encore!!!!

Cheapy, you weren't the person who threw the hat and hit Billy were you? Wildcat_20 was that you?

I was only disappointed that the "dancing girls" were not live on stage like they used to be!

I always want to hear "Sure Got Cold After the Rain Fell" but they never play it. They did send out ballots via e-mail with a list to vote on - Heard It On The X wasn't on the list tho'.

I would have enjoyed a Balinese/Mexican Blackbird/Heard It On the X/Tush encore!!!!

Cheapy, you weren't the person who threw the hat and hit Billy were you? Wildcat_20 was that you?

I was only disappointed that the "dancing girls" were not live on stage like they used to be!

Naw not me man lol!!! I was practiclly right next to the guy who did though, gotta give him credit, even Billy had to laugh lol!