Texas got what they deserved

This Texas team went from a top team to a bunch of dummies who can't block out, handle the ball, or make free throws. I've always thought Rick Barnes was a good coach but continuing to play a big oaf like Dexter Pittman makes me wonder. This guy is just BIG. He mostly gets in the way. If he's too lazy to go up and dunk the ball as big as he is, he is useless. Texas gave this game away to Wake Forest by blowing free throws and not blocking out. This is the worst coaching job that Barnes has done. Maybe he was some recruits coming in who can score inside.

AMEN. The missed free throws in overtime are unexcusable. Of course, who wants to practice making free throws, its not like that gets you on Sportscenter, but how many times will they show the missed free throw leading to the game winning shot.

This Texas team went from a top team to a bunch of dummies who can't block out, handle the ball, or make free throws. I've always thought Rick Barnes was a good coach but continuing to play a big oaf like Dexter Pittman makes me wonder. This guy is just BIG. He mostly gets in the way. If he's too lazy to go up and dunk the ball as big as he is, he is useless. Texas gave this game away to Wake Forest by blowing free throws and not blocking out. This is the worst coaching job that Barnes has done. Maybe he was some recruits coming in who can score inside.

AMEN. The missed free throws in overtime are unexcusable. Of course, who wants to practice making free throws, its not like that gets you on Sportscenter, but how many times will they show the missed free throw leading to the game winning shot.

:mad:

Texas' collapse started right after they got the #1 ranking. They've been on a crash course with being bounced out in the first round for a long time. I'm not sure that it's coaching, but you can't help but wonder about it. Coaching is more than X's and O's, team chemistry is part of the coaches job as well.

However, Barnes can recruit adequately, and he can sell donors and sponsorships...so his ouster as HC will be voluntary, not demanded based on this season's lackluster results.

I, for one, will not miss Big Dexter one little bit. He reminds me of Dampier with the Mavericks. Just big and clumsy. Dexter has hands of stone and apparently has let his conditioning get so bad that he can't even dunk (on 3 consecutive attempts under the basket).

IF he makes it onto the NBA, he'll be listed as a PF. Not sure if that means Power Forward like it does for most or if it means Personal Foul since that's the only thing he is effective at.

As for Barnes, he made some more questionable (OK, bonehead) calls last night. Jordan Hamilton in the first half was on fire and scored I think 16 points. Was nowhere to be found for the most part in the 2nd half. Damion missing 1 of 2 free throws at the end of regulation hurt REAL bad and could've possibly ended the game in regulation.

As for the very end of OT, WHY was Gary Johnson handling the ball (which he was fouled and managed to miss his 2 free throws and possibly win the game in OT) and not Jacovan Brown?????????? Why not MAKE SURE Brown has the ball in his hands during a timeout??WHY, WHY???? He only shoots 90% from the free throw line, so, Johnson gets the ball on the inbounds (FROM Brown) and gets fouled and misses his 2 FT's.

I, for one, will not miss Big Dexter one little bit. He reminds me of Dampier with the Mavericks. Just big and clumsy. Dexter has hands of stone and apparently has let his conditioning get so bad that he can't even dunk (on 3 consecutive attempts under the basket).

IF he makes it onto the NBA, he'll be listed as a PF. Not sure if that means Power Forward like it does for most or if it means Personal Foul since that's the only thing he is effective at.

As for Barnes, he made some more questionable (OK, bonehead) calls last night. Jordan Hamilton in the first half was on fire and scored I think 16 points. Was nowhere to be found for the most part in the 2nd half. Damion missing 1 of 2 free throws at the end of regulation hurt REAL bad and could've possibly ended the game in regulation.

As for the very end of OT, WHY was Gary Johnson handling the ball (which he was fouled and managed to miss his 2 free throws and possibly win the game in OT) and not Jacovan Brown?????????? Why not MAKE SURE Brown has the ball in his hands during a timeout??WHY, WHY???? He only shoots 90% from the free throw line, so, Johnson gets the ball on the inbounds (FROM Brown) and gets fouled and misses his 2 FT's.

I also wondered why Brown was not handling the ball. The main thing that #### me off was Damion James continuing to jack up three's when he was missing all of them while Hamilton was sitting on the bench. Barnes coached a horrible game last night. Those guys played last night like they need a double-dose of Billy Gillespie.

Texas has played the entire season like a team searching for their identity. They really have not had a team which had an identity since when T.J. Ford was the point gaurd. Rick Barnes needs to do exactly what he stated in his post game remarks with regards to going back to the drawing board and evaluate their recruiting. I think this is a positive step in the right direction if they are to correct the areas where they were deficient.

The free throw shooting is something that has not only plaqued Texas, but MANY teams and I am just not talking college. High school too. This season is the absolute WORST season I have ever seen in my 23 years around the sport of basketball with regards to free throw shooting. What's more, I have watched teams shoot themselves out of a ball game because they were wanting to spot up the long range shots instead of taking the ball to the inside and working for the high percentage shot.

The Longhorns will be back in 2 years. Next year will be a very down year. The recruiting class Barnes has coming is stellar and consist of excellent gaurds which is something Texas DESPERATELY lacked.

Texas has played the entire season like a team searching for their identity. They really have not had a team which had an identity since when T.J. Ford was the point gaurd. Rick Barnes needs to do exactly what he stated in his post game remarks with regards to going back to the drawing board and evaluate their recruiting. I think this is a positive step in the right direction if they are to correct the areas where they were deficient.

The free throw shooting is something that has not only plaqued Texas, but MANY teams and I am just not talking college. High school too. This season is the absolute WORST season I have ever seen in my 23 years around the sport of basketball with regards to free throw shooting. What's more, I have watched teams shoot themselves out of a ball game because they were wanting to spot up the long range shots instead of taking the ball to the inside and working for the high percentage shot.

The Longhorns will be back in 2 years. Next year will be a very down year. The recruiting class Barnes has coming is stellar and consist of excellent gaurds which is something Texas DESPERATELY lacked.

This freshman class was one of the top rated classes in the country last year and was heavy with top level guards. J. Brown, Jordan Hamilton and Avery Bradley were all national recruits and then we picked up the Lucas kid on a transfer from Florida. I think the problem with them was there youth. They didn't mature as fast as a John Wall at Kentucky did.

Did anyone ever have to sit behind a senior that wasn't as good as you?

I think the seniors leaving Texas will be a good thing, i believe Barnes felt he had to play them.

If Bradley, Hamilton, and Brown all come back (i think they all should) then Texas will be a much better team.

Texas has a very good shooter that redshirted this year in Duncanvilles Shawn Williams

I believe Clint Chapman is a better post player than Pittman.

Texas will be good again next year...but once again it will depend on how the players gel together.

Chapman and Hill should have been playing ahead of Pittman this year. All Big Dexter did was get in the way. Barnes has the guards. What he needs is to go get a couple of good post players who can score and rebound.

The Longhorns will be looking up at the Aggies for a couple of years because A&M has some good, young players.

Why the hell was that ball not inbounded to J'Covan Brown? The kid shoots 91+ percent from the line. Instead the ball goes to Gary Johnson, who proceeds to miss both shots. Totally inexcusable mistake on Rick Barnes part. He should have ordered the ball in Brown's hands as soon as WF had to start fouling. FREAKING STUPIDITY!!

Why the hell was that ball not inbounded to J'Covan Brown? The kid shoots 91+ percent from the line. Instead the ball goes to Gary Johnson, who proceeds to miss both shots. Totally inexcusable mistake on Rick Barnes part. He should have ordered the ball in Brown's hands as soon as WF had to start fouling. FREAKING STUPIDITY!!

If you go back and look at the tape, you will see that Brown was covered up. It was not Barnes' fault. He was not standing on the baseline trying to throw the ball in. The mistake occurred earlier when Barnes allowed Texas to keep spotting up from 3 point land instead of ordering the ball fed to the post or having Brown take the ball and drive inside.

Free throws were obvious & atrocious. My biggest complaint however was the lack of rebounding and blocking out on the defenseve board. A total lack of effort on rebounds & interior defense gave this game away.

You nailed it! How many times did WF dunk offensive rebounds because the Texas players stood and watched instead of blocking out? At least four times. The defense wasn't there. Once toward the end of the game, I saw Damion James back away and let WF drive the baseline instead of stepping down and cutting off the drive. No excuse for this stuff. I think Texas has some internal issues that need to be resolved and those issues caused them to go downhill after Big 12 play started.

Thankfully the season is over. Due to my youth, I remember the days of Leon Black and years of being mediocre. The issue was no team identity. You can blame Barnes, but I think part of the blame rests with James. It was his team to lead and he disappered the second half of the season.

The Longhorns did get what they deserve, because didn't make free throws yet again and it was the thing that got them beat. I don't understand high caliber college teams or any NBA team not shooting over 75%-80% at the line as a team with at least one player averaging about 90%. That is one thing about the Dallas Mavericks I really enjoy. When you foul the Mavs you will pay as they've been the top free throw shooting in the NBA for years now.

Thankfully the season is over. Due to my youth, I remember the days of Leon Black and years of being mediocre. The issue was no team identity. You can blame Barnes, but I think part of the blame rests with James. It was his team to lead and he disappered the second half of the season.

Damion James was known to have a lousy attitude when he was at Nacogdoches High School and I'm afraid it carried over. He thinks his stuff doesn't stink. If he goes to the NBA, he is in for a rude awakening.

The Longhorns will be looking up at the Aggies for a couple of years because A&M has some good, young players.

This I DO NOT AGREE WITH AT ALL.

If you go back and look at the tape, you will see that Brown was covered up. It was not Barnes' fault. He was not standing on the baseline trying to throw the ball in. The mistake occurred earlier when Barnes allowed Texas to keep spotting up from 3 point land instead of ordering the ball fed to the post or having Brown take the ball and drive inside.

It was and Brown gave it up to Johnson. NOT SMART................