17-3A

CEO

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SH/Gladewater game last night was a great battle by the No 1 and 2 teams in the District. I had no doubt prior to the game that Gladewater would give our girls all we could handle. When we played GW in GW, the LadyBears simply had a terrible game. I knew that would not happen again, and it didn't. It was ashame anyone had to lose such a hard fought game. Congratulations to GW for making the playoffs and having one of its best seasons in many years. The GW girls deserve a lot of credit. They have certainly earned it. Congrats to the SH girls on their District Championship as well. They have earned it too.

cowboy1 can I just say that Spring Hill's Senior Night was the saddest that I have ever seen.... It is such a blessing to see a team that is more family than school mates. Congratulations to spring hill on their district championship and I know they will do great in the playoffs!

Ladibearfan: Well the good news for me is......I showed up just after the cryfest, when the national anthem was being played. So fortunately for me i missed the tears. Thank you for your comment though. I think the girls are a close knit group. And even though we only have two seniors on the team, I understand from the parents and my daughter (who is a Junior).....it was pretty sad. I am scared to think about next year when we will likely have at least 6 and probably 7 seniors. The Kleenex company will have a field day.

cowboy1 can I just say that Spring Hill's Senior Night was the saddest that I have ever seen.... It is such a blessing to see a team that is more family than school mates. Congratulations to spring hill on their district championship and I know they will do great in the playoffs!

LADYREARFAN.....U R SO RIGHT WHEN U SAY IT WAS SAD AND A BLESSING......U C MY DAUGHTER WAS ONE OF THE SENIORS AND I COULDN'T BE MORE PROUD OF HER, HER TEAMMATES, AND COACHES ........THE LAST 2 YRS HAVE REALLY BEEN SO FAMILY OREINTATED.......THESE GIRLS REALLY LOVE EACH OTHER ON AND OFF THE FIELD.......AND ITS NICE TO KNOW THAT SOMEONE OTHER THAN MYSELF CAN SEE THAT......THANKS TO YOU AND ALL THE GW FANS FOR BEING SO POLITE DURING THEIR SPECIAL MOMENT.......A BIG CONGRATS TO YOUR GW GIRLS ON THEIR BIG ACCOMPLISMENT THIS YEAR IN MAKING THE PLAYOFFS .......GOOD LUCK AND AGAIN MUCH THANKS.......

LADYREARFAN.....U R SO RIGHT WHEN U SAY IT WAS SAD AND A BLESSING......U C MY DAUGHTER WAS ONE OF THE SENIORS AND I COULDN'T BE MORE PROUD OF HER, HER TEAMMATES, AND COACHES ........THE LAST 2 YRS HAVE REALLY BEEN SO FAMILY OREINTATED.......THESE GIRLS REALLY LOVE EACH OTHER ON AND OFF THE FIELD.......AND ITS NICE TO KNOW THAT SOMEONE OTHER THAN MYSELF CAN SEE THAT......THANKS TO YOU AND ALL THE GW FANS FOR BEING SO POLITE DURING THEIR SPECIAL MOMENT.......A BIG CONGRATS TO YOUR GW GIRLS ON THEIR BIG ACCOMPLISMENT THIS YEAR IN MAKING THE PLAYOFFS .......GOOD LUCK AND AGAIN MUCH THANKS.......

seniormom1... It was one of the few senior nights I actually enjoyed! It was so sincere and not a "show"... Thanks for the congratulations... We are all very excited for our girls.. Definately a big accomplishment for us. Good luck to your girls in the playoffs and to your daughter as well in taking her next big step in life!

LadyBear..

Is the Huffman girl hurt? I have noticed she has not pitched alot...or gets replaced alot in the later innings. Just wondering, I know she has been very successfull for them in the past, and expected her to be a big part in their success this year.

Not trying to stir anything, just dont get to see them play, so was just curious.

LadyBear..

Is the Huffman girl hurt? I have noticed she has not pitched alot...or gets replaced alot in the later innings. Just wondering, I know she has been very successfull for them in the past, and expected her to be a big part in their success this year.

Not trying to stir anything, just dont get to see them play, so was just curious.

No she isn't hurt...... Shelby Sorrells has really stepped up her pitching and is doing a great job! between the two of them it really keeps batters off balance and neither one of them gets worn out!

No she isn't hurt...... Shelby Sorrells has really stepped up her pitching and is doing a great job! between the two of them it really keeps batters off balance and neither one of them gets worn out!

Anyone know how Carthage and that district are doing???

Anyone know how Carthage and that district are doing???

18 3A Standings (2 District Games Left)

1. Huntington

2. Carthage

3. Rusk & Hudson Tied

Rusk plays Carthage Tuesday and Hudson plays Carthage on Friday. Should be interesting. Carthage was tied with Huntington for 1st but Center upset Carthage 4-2 last Friday night. Does anyone know what happened in the Center-Carthage game??

18 3A Standings (2 District Games Left)

1. Huntington

2. Carthage

3. Rusk & Hudson Tied

Rusk plays Carthage Tuesday and Hudson plays Carthage on Friday. Should be interesting. Carthage was tied with Huntington for 1st but Center upset Carthage 4-2 last Friday night. Does anyone know what happened in the Center-Carthage game??

Thanks, and keep us posted

Yesterday was the end of District for 17-3A.

The district finished as follows:

Spring Hill 10-0

Gladewater 6-4

Gilmer 5-5

Tatum 5-5

Chapel Hill 2-8

Bullard 2-8

Gilmer and Tatum will play another game to see who goes in the third spot for this district on Friday at 5 at Pinetree. The winner should face Carthage in their first round.

Yesterday was the end of District for 17-3A.

The district finished as follows:

Spring Hill 10-0

Gladewater 7-3

Gilmer 5-5

Tatum 5-5

Chapel Hill 2-8

Bullard 1-9

Gilmer and Tatum will play another game to see who goes in the third spot for this district on Friday at 5 at Pinetree. The winner should face Carthage in their first round.

I believe GW finishes 6-4, Bullard 2-8 ,Bullard won last night

congratulations Lady Buckeyes on capturing the Third place seed. You grew a lot this year and surprised a lot of people!!! It was great to watch your improvements!! Way to go, girls!!!

Gilmer defeated Tatum 9-6, led 9-2 going into the bottom of the 7th, but Tatum had no quit in them either. Good game both teams!

CONGRATS TO THE LADY PANTHERS FOR THEIR WIN LAST NIGHT AGAINST PROSPER........6 - 5........WHAT A GR8 GAME IT WAS.......GOOD LUCK TO THE LADY PANTHERS AND TO THE LADY EAGLES OF PROSPER AS THEY START THEIR JOURNEY INTO THE PLAYOFFS....... NO BOUNDRIES.........