Cayuga vs Cross Roads

UTFAN1

i have said all along that these two would battle each other for the district championship. Should be a good game. we have played both of them and I'd have to go with cross roads in a close one.

cayuga played well last night as they beat up on my pups last night.

sincerely,

Coach Cole

i have to disagree with you on that one. yuga is rolling, and they were rolling without their regular starters for quite a while now.

i think it's yuga all the way. thompson is the real deal, and branch will have those guys ready....they know the mistakes.

and their probably should be no comments on the district championship from the bottom dwellers, pups or not

they know the stakes is what i meant

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YOu NEed TO PUll YOur PAnties out of your butt, and enjoy the show! Nobody has bashed Cross Roads, in fact, if you will read I said that it will be a great game. If Ramsey is on, it will be a hard game for us. Cross Roads beat us twice last year, but I forget, how far did they go in the playoffs? Nobody said that our road didn't go through Cross Roads. I was talking to Stang23 before you butted in.

If im not mistaken but didnt Cayuga go just as far, except they had to play in the Bi-District round and Cross Roads got the bye

If im not mistaken but didnt Cayuga go just as far, except they had to play in the Bi-District round and Cross Roads got the bye

You are correct. You are the one who said the road to State goes through Cross Roads. I am merely stating that the road didn't get very far last year either. Unless I am mistaken, we won more playoff games than Cross Roads did last year.

Is Cayuga versus Cross Roads winning percentages really a battle that you want to start? Just wondering.... :hmm:

You are correct. You are the one who said the road to State goes through Cross Roads. I am merely stating that the road didn't get very far last year either. Unless I am mistaken, we won more playoff games than Cross Roads did last year.

Is Cayuga versus Cross Roads winning percentages really a battle that you want to start? Just wondering.... :hmm:

no im saying that Cross Roads has won district 3 years in a row and Cayuga hasnt even won the district championship so im sayin that they need to prove more before there considered automatic state qualifiers

Why is there always tension in Cuyuga threads? Granted I aggravated a little in football but still is everyone out to get Cayuga?

Don't know, but you are not allowed to have an opinion that is different than theirs that is for sure. They will crucify you for it. I learned that first hand. Good luck to both teams, the little I have seen of them this year, it should be a pretty good game.

no im saying that Cross Roads has won district 3 years in a row and Cayuga hasnt even won the district championship so im sayin that they need to prove more before there considered automatic state qualifiers

Did I or anybody else say that they were automatic state qualifiers? You made that assumption on your own. And everybody knows what happens when you assume. All that I said was that the road to State goes through Overton.

i have to disagree with you on that one. yuga is rolling, and they were rolling without their regular starters for quite a while now.

i think it's yuga all the way. thompson is the real deal, and branch will have those guys ready....they know the mistakes.

and their probably should be no comments on the district championship from the bottom dwellers, pups or not

they know the stakes is what i meant

You can have your opinion...... I can have mine. And mine had NO negativity in it what soever!

As far as being a bottom dweller (pups or not) I still have the right to have an opinion.

I haven't made any excuses for our position in the standings and won't!!!!

Its posts like yours that put bad tastes in the mouths of others and make cayuga fans appear cocky & arrogant!

I wish both teams good luck and you try to say I shouldn't make a comment because I'm a coach of a bottom dwelling team.......

Give me a break fella!!!!

Sincerely,

Coach Cole

A lot of these same Yuga people were nowhere to be found three years ago, just like you won't hear from them again after this group graduates. ALL of the Cayuga people I've known these past 20 years are classy people because they've experienced those down years. Some of these guys that 'came along with the right group of kids' only know the top. Hard to be humble when you've never seen your team have to cancel it's schedule mid-season... or watched 14 kids give it their all on the field while there was 125 in the band... or watched Cross Roads beat them for the first time in 1987 (sorry jsharp :D ) There's great people there who don't share the same arrogance as some on here like to exhibit. You spent more time there than I did ctrain... just let 'em have their day!!

A lot of these same Yuga people were nowhere to be found three years ago, just like you won't hear from them again after this group graduates. ALL of the Cayuga people I've known these past 20 years are classy people because they've experienced those down years. Some of these guys that 'came along with the right group of kids' only know the top. Hard to be humble when you've never seen your team have to cancel it's schedule mid-season... or watched 14 kids give it their all on the field while there was 125 in the band... or watched Cross Roads beat them for the first time in 1987 (sorry jsharp :D ) There's great people there who don't share the same arrogance as some on here like to exhibit. You spent more time there than I did ctrain... just let 'em have their day!!

c-train i think wildbill said it all. The people that are posting that stuff where not here when cayuga was getting hammered. Let that go and just don't intertain stupid comments like that. :nowhearthis:

Why is there always tension in Cuyuga threads? Granted I aggravated a little in football but still is everyone out to get Cayuga?

I am a Cross Roads supporter, but I call em like I see em. I think Cayuga has the best, yes I am saying it, the best left handed high school pitcher in the state. I do however think Cross Roads is a better overall team. I have been very impressed with the power the Cayuga kids have been showing this year. If Cayuga will make the two or three plays behind Thompson, Cayuga will win. If not, the Bobcats take this one. We must keep our walks down, or Cayuga may make us pay for it this year. Last year we were able to get away with it, but may be a different story now. Our pitcher, whether it be Ramsey or Jenkins must establish the fastball early. Key to victory is no walks. B-NUT

I am a Cross Roads supporter, but I call em like I see em. I think Cayuga has the best, yes I am saying it, the best left handed high school pitcher in the state. I do however think Cross Roads is a better overall team. I have been very impressed with the power the Cayuga kids have been showing this year. If Cayuga will make the two or three plays behind Thompson, Cayuga will win. If not, the Bobcats take this one. We must keep our walks down, or Cayuga may make us pay for it this year. Last year we were able to get away with it, but may be a different story now. Our pitcher, whether it be Ramsey or Jenkins must establish the fastball early. Key to victory is no walks. B-NUT

Pretty good assessment. I think you are right that walks can be the key. Not just this game, but any game. You think Crossroads will only put 2 or 3 in play? The 2 times I watched them earlier in the year, they swung it pretty good. It is just a question so don't bite my head off. I haven't seen them in about 3 weeks, so they may have cooled off. Don't know if I will be able to make this one, but it should be a pretty good 1a game.

Pretty good assessment. I think you are right that walks can be the key. Not just this game, but any game. You think Crossroads will only put 2 or 3 in play? The 2 times I watched them earlier in the year, they swung it pretty good. It is just a question so don't bite my head off. I haven't seen them in about 3 weeks, so they may have cooled off. Don't know if I will be able to make this one, but it should be a pretty good 1a game.

is the game in CR or Yuga? what time?

The best lefty in the whole state, any classification??? I am not going to bash you or even disagree with you, because that is your opinion and a man is entitled to that. I just wanted to clarify what you meant because not too long ago you questioned my "baseball knowledge, or that I have not been around baseball very much". I find it hard to believe that you have watched enough teams this year and enough players to make that kind of assumption. Texas is pretty big. Pretty big shoes to put a young man in at that age.

He is real good. I have only seen him toss once this yr. He is special. We are better as a team this year. You guys are the team to beat without a doubt I hear. We are young. 1 Sr starts and we have some talent coming in baseball. Now football is a different story. LOL. I told ya if we face we need to meet up. I aint as crazy as it seems.

He is real good. I have only seen him toss once this yr. He is special. We are better as a team this year. You guys are the team to beat without a doubt I hear. We are young. 1 Sr starts and we have some talent coming in baseball. Now football is a different story. LOL. I told ya if we face we need to meet up. I aint as crazy as it seems.

sounds good. hope to see you guys down the road, i think that would have to be a regionals if we both win district. i would like to see gunnar again as well and talk to his dad again. he seemed like a very hard working young man. good luck to you guys and we are just going to do our best to get by the mauds, evadales, and wolfe citys along the way!