Cayuga vs Cross Roads

UTFAN1

I am a Cross Roads supporter, but I call em like I see em. I think Cayuga has the best, yes I am saying it, the best left handed high school pitcher in the state. I do however think Cross Roads is a better overall team. I have been very impressed with the power the Cayuga kids have been showing this year. If Cayuga will make the two or three plays behind Thompson, Cayuga will win. If not, the Bobcats take this one. We must keep our walks down, or Cayuga may make us pay for it this year. Last year we were able to get away with it, but may be a different story now. Our pitcher, whether it be Ramsey or Jenkins must establish the fastball early. Key to victory is no walks. B-NUT

The best left handed pitcher in the state? Wow...what a statement. I cannot imagine the amount of time you must spend on the road watching an untold number of ballgames from every classification in order to qualify that assessment.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds good. hope to see you guys down the road, i think that would have to be a regionals if we both win district. i would like to see gunnar again as well and talk to his dad again. he seemed like a very hard working young man. good luck to you guys and we are just going to do our best to get by the mauds, evadales, and wolfe citys along the way!

Come on Ty, I've already told you, you don't have to worry about little ole us!!! We just hope we can get there and have a little fun along the way.

The best left handed pitcher in the state? Wow...what a statement. I cannot imagine the amount of time you must spend on the road watching an untold number of ballgames from every classification in order to qualify that assessment.

My mistake. I meant to say one of the best. I was on the phone at the same time. At my age I need to focus on one thing at a time. Ha. I do agree the road runs thru Overton, awesome team, coaches and parents. Please forgive my misstep. B-NUT

My mistake. I meant to say one of the best. I was on the phone at the same time. At my age I need to focus on one thing at a time. Ha. I do agree the road runs thru Overton, awesome team, coaches and parents. Please forgive my misstep. B-NUT

Lol. Dang at 3 in the morning, that statement must have weighed on your mind.

BNUT - are you the Cayuga kid's dad?? As many years as I spent around that area, I've never known a 'supporter' from either school to constantly heap such praise on an opposing player as you do the pitcher at Cayuga. And trust me, I was around both schools for A LOOOONG TIME...

A lot of these same Yuga people were nowhere to be found three years ago, just like you won't hear from them again after this group graduates. ALL of the Cayuga people I've known these past 20 years are classy people because they've experienced those down years. Some of these guys that 'came along with the right group of kids' only know the top. Hard to be humble when you've never seen your team have to cancel it's schedule mid-season... or watched 14 kids give it their all on the field while there was 125 in the band... or watched Cross Roads beat them for the first time in 1987 (sorry jsharp :D ) There's great people there who don't share the same arrogance as some on here like to exhibit. You spent more time there than I did ctrain... just let 'em have their day!!

Not a problem. As I've said before, Cross Roads had a great group of seniors that year. My brothers care more about that loss than I do (not that it didn't hurt)! We had a pretty good football team that year 6-3-1, and yes, 100+ in the band!!! Had an even better baseball team, lost at regional 1-0. But there have been some very hard times and you're right, it's hard not to thump our chest even though we really have nothing to do with it. And Stitch, it's not that folks don't have their right to an opinion, sometimes we just see it as bashing (whether you are or not). Fans can be a little blinded with their support for their team (as is evidence of a 40+ page thread on top 15 teams in ET).

And last but not least------What's up BobbyJay, glad to see you back!!!! I would only have hard feelings toward you if we hadn't won state!!!! LOL

Ty, the game is in Cross Roads with the first pitch at 6 tonight. Should be an absolute pitching duel.

Last year these two faced each other and it was 2-1 with CR coming out on top. Both pitchers combined for 30 K's. If I'm not mistaken, all 3 runs were unearned.

Should be a good one tonight!

BNUT - are you the Cayuga kid's dad?? As many years as I spent around that area, I've never known a 'supporter' from either school to constantly heap such praise on an opposing player as you do the pitcher at Cayuga. And trust me, I was around both schools for A LOOOONG TIME...

Bill, I would be proud to claim him if he was. I just have a keen interest in left handed pitchers, and he is a special one. If you have not had the chance to see him, make it a point to do so. I live in the Cross Roads area and follow the team. That is it, I have no ties to the school or this area. My kids never went to either school. I moved here four years ago from Chicago. I think that is what makes me so un biased. I am not a homer. I praise individual players as I see fit. I am able to make it to a few more Bobcat games than Cayuga games, so I root for them, plain and simple. B-NUT

too many walks given up by cross roads, cayuga had 2 hits the whole game cross roads had at least 8 i think

If the Cayuga lefty doesn't hit those guys in the first inning, I dont think cross roads would have scored, even with the error by the outfielder. Both pitchers came out high strung, with their first few pitches off. The cross roads pitcher made life hell for the cayuga base runners, picking off two of them, and another was thown out at second by the catcher in a very, very questionable call. Take away the nerves in the first inning, and Cayuga cruises to a win in a shutout. Add in the nerves, poor base running, and an error or two by the wildcats, Cayuga stills wins 4-2. It is what it is.

If the Cayuga lefty doesn't hit those guys in the first inning, I dont think cross roads would have scored, even with the error by the outfielder. Both pitchers came out high strung, with their first few pitches off. The cross roads pitcher made life hell for the cayuga base runners, picking off two of them, and another was thown out at second by the catcher in a very, very questionable call. Take away the nerves in the first inning, and Cayuga cruises to a win in a shutout. Add in the nerves, poor base running, and an error or two by the wildcats, Cayuga stills wins 4-2. It is what it is.

dont make it sound like cayuga cruised in this game, cross roads was winning 2-1 until the 6th inning

Yuga tied it up in the 4th or 5th on a pass ball, then the 2 more in the 6th. Cayuga had 2 hits and Cross Roads had 5. Skinny is possibly right, dont hit those two and CRoads might not even score. UTFan1 stop haitin. It is what it is

i have no dog in this fight, so don't jump and go crazy. jmo, in upper end baseball in 1a the games are usually won by whom ever has less errors or which team capitalizes best on the other teams errors. sounds like what you guys are all dancing around. two very good teams played and the very few errors there were are the difference in the game. i wasn't there so i could be very wrong. i just know we have won a few games this year with 4 or 5 hits and 10 run the other team because of errors.

Got to attend the game and it was a good baseball game. There is no need to say if this happened the outcome would have been different. There were a lot of things that if it went the other way the outcome would have been different. Could have been CR winning or Cayuga winning by a little more. There weren't many errors, but when a mistake was made the other team capitalized on it. Cayuga just did a little more. That's just baseball, and that's what good teams do. Both are good teams. I think either team could beat the other one on any night. They are pretty even in my opinion. There is no need to down either team or one team to thump their chest more than the other. Cayuga had 2 hits, but both of them scored runs. Cayuga's pitcher did a good job, he had very good command of his pitches and he got outs when he needed them. He gave up 6 hits, but he always found a way to get the out when he needed it. Congrats to Cayuga on the win and I can see both teams making a little noise in the playoffs. Someone commented on the crowd and there was a lot of people there for a 1a game, very good atmosphere.