Round 3

myinput

I'm not sure, all that was said was "Pittsburg canceled." I'm guessing Pitt just had a scheduling conflict, or possibly short-handed, but like i said just a guess. Reguardless of the setting; if anything like last year's match, this is going to be one good game!

Thanks secret. I won't tell anybody till 2011! :wacko: I'd say MP has a grudge against Ldale. That should be incintive enough for a good match.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll just upgrade the secret to the '11 model when it rolls around! :zorro: I totally agree, if i was put out in a heart-breaker like MP was I would be excited about this match. But I'm not seeing the nail biter we had last year, conditions are more favorable, Lindale has the advantage on TJC's big field, and there has got to be a mental factor going into this game as well, what with Lindale already beating MP 2-1 and 2-0 this year. I predict a hard fought game, but I think Lindale will take this one in regulation this time.

I'll just upgrade the secret to the '11 model when it rolls around! :zorro: I totally agree, if i was put out in a heart-breaker like MP was I would be excited about this match. But I'm not seeing the nail biter we had last year, conditions are more favorable, Lindale has the advantage on TJC's big field, and there has got to be a mental factor going into this game as well, what with Lindale already beating MP 2-1 and 2-0 this year. I predict a hard fought game, but I think Lindale will take this one in regulation this time.

remember, people were calling for a 3-0 type match last year in lindales favor...if MP goes down, they go down with a fight.

I think a team with the style of Mt Pleasant is suited to a big field. Their team shape,passing, ball control, and runs off the ball would all benefit from more space.

Very tough to beat a good team 3 times in 1 season. Lawless knows that and I assure you his team will be mentally prepared to play. The scores from earlier in the season aren't the kind of scores to make MP come in mentally beaten. They sound like close games where a couple of things change and they're in the game.

Pulling for Lindale in this one. Get to Dallas so I can come watch a game lawdog! and then Georgetown would be great too!

Should be a great game to watch. Just hope MP comes to play soccer. If history repeats itself, it will be an ugly, physical game. I'm pulling for Lindale on this one, so hopefully they can pull it out! Lindale, play with pride and passion, we are always proud of your style of play. :thumbsup:

I have to throw this tidbit out there....

Longview was considered a large 4A when school started and just got bumped to 5A.

Chapel Hill is a true 3A school, playing 4A soccer.

From my standpoint, may the best team win, may no one get hurt and good luck to all!

Well this is the 4a playoffs so it really doesnt matter which is larger or smaller. Be thankful 3a is allowed to play in 4a. There are some 2a that would love to have a soccer team but UIL just wont allow it.

Funny! Let's just say last years playoff game they didn't have the cleanest style of play. LOTS of dirty fouls committed by MP. Certain players who we're on the field at the time were flipping off Lindale fans who were in the stands. I've heard that MP Coach has gotten rid of some "troublemakers" on the team and graduated some others, so who knows.

I enjoy watching soccer when it's a good, physical, CLEAN match. Let's all be honest, you can have a physical game, without players trying to take out other players. Looking forward to a Great game tomorrow :thumbsup:

Funny! Let's just say last years playoff game they didn't have the cleanest style of play. LOTS of dirty fouls committed by MP. Certain players who we're on the field at the time were flipping off Lindale fans who were in the stands. I've heard that MP Coach has gotten rid of some "troublemakers" on the team and graduated some others, so who knows.

I enjoy watching soccer when it's a good, physical, CLEAN match. Let's all be honest, you can have a physical game, without players trying to take out other players. Looking forward to a Great game tomorrow :thumbsup:

was at that match last year. came a quick flood and got COLD during the girls match just before the boys.

MP was dirty but the lindale fans were very obnoxious too. but guess who the center ref was that didn't call the fouls or give cards when they were deserved...you got it! same one that has been the center of attention this year....who called the rel-lindale match that newtex can't let go of. Hmmm....makes you wonder....

Perhaps it's when emotions get high that players play harder, or have different actions.

I saw nothing on the unsporting side from Mt Pleasant in our two matches this year. They just played good SOCCER.

Perhaps it's when emotions get high that players play harder, or have different actions.

I saw nothing on the unsporting side from Mt Pleasant in our two matches this year. They just played good SOCCER.

Agree, the two pre-season games were not as physical, but there was not as much on the line. These two teams are playing at the same time this year as last year (same round). The refs, however, are coming from Dallas, so hopefully they will keep things under control. I'm all for letting teams play on, especially in the play-offs when cards matter, but obvious fouls should be called. So we'll see... :rolleyes:

Trust me, I , neither the Lindale Eagles have any grudge or ill feelings toward Mt. Pleasant. I am friends with Mayfield. It will be a great game. Both teams will fight to win. 730 TJC Friday night.

Good luck both of ya. Your good coaches with good teams. Mayfield u planning on putting 8 in the goal for the corners again. That was so Hilarious and indicative of your ideas. Good job to both teams last year in representing east texas and good luck in the future rounds.

Agree, the two pre-season games were not as physical, but there was not as much on the line. These two teams are playing at the same time this year as last year (same round). The refs, however, are coming from Dallas, so hopefully they will keep things under control. I'm all for letting teams play on, especially in the play-offs when cards matter, but obvious fouls should be called. So we'll see... :rolleyes:

WOOOOHOOOOOOOO! :woohoo: oops. did I say that out loud?? :bye:

seriously. glad to see that. no favorites and nobody can whine! good luck to both sides and whoever wins has my unyielding ETEX support.

for whoever wins...do so with class. for whoever loses...do so with dignity.

Agree, the two pre-season games were not as physical, but there was not as much on the line.

That's more what I meant to say, the pre-playoff games are not nearly as emotional, but now it's win or go home time, so teams will play harder, and with more spirit. Controlling the emotion, and focusing it into positive game actions is the key. Use the force to play harder, stay away from the dark side. :ph34r: