Round 3

myinput

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really, thanks for the timely updates !

Now, bring on the Metro area teams.

Let's get an All E.Texas Regional Final.

Congratulations to both teams on what must've been a match worth seeing!

Wish we could've been there.

Great Seasons for both, too.

took a look at the bracket, and although it's irrelevant, it's kinda interesting (my $.02), Mount Pleasant is the last team left who had a bye week.

i know the bracket from uil is normally not 100% accurate because it's so cluttered, but that's what it looks like.

anyway, just thought that was noteworthy.

did something happen after the game or just bad 411 to start with?

Im not sure if your referring to the red oak/north dallas mess up. The computer makes the colors look like red and black. Not orange and Black. The scoreboard was fuzzy so u just saw visitors. What was even worse was red oak didnt look like they showed up to play. Not as good as they were here in Longview. Watching North Dallas and Red Oak play was like watching any team in district 32 play each other. Nothing special that Kilgore or Mt.Pleasant cant handle. That would be insane if we could have an all east texas regional semis again. Good luck Bradshaw and Mayfield.... :highfive:

WHERE YOU AT THE MP AND LINDALE GAME. MP PLAYED THEIR BUT OFF, I AM NOT TAKING THAT AWAY FROM THEM AND I AM NOT MAKING EXCUSES BECAUSE LINDALE MISSED SO MANY SHOTS OFF THE POST WIDE OPEN GOAL EXT. PLEASE EXPLAIN THE CALLS FIRST THE SLIDE TACKLE IN THE BOX THAT GAVE THEM A PK, AT THE END OF THE GAME MP DID SAME THING AND NO PK. LINDALE 3 YELLOWS MP NONE AGAIN I AM SICK OF THE OFFICIATING AROUND HERE . CALL THE GAME BOTH WAYS. AND I AM NOT #### BECAUSE WE LOST , BECAUSE WE BEAT OURSELVES. BUT I AM JUST TIRED OF OFFICIALS JUST PLAIN SCREWING GAMES UP. GOOD LUCK MP

WHERE YOU AT THE MP AND LINDALE GAME. MP PLAYED THEIR BUT OFF, I AM NOT TAKING THAT AWAY FROM THEM AND I AM NOT MAKING EXCUSES BECAUSE LINDALE MISSED SO MANY SHOTS OFF THE POST WIDE OPEN GOAL EXT. PLEASE EXPLAIN THE CALLS FIRST THE SLIDE TACKLE IN THE BOX THAT GAVE THEM A PK, AT THE END OF THE GAME MP DID SAME THING AND NO PK. LINDALE 3 YELLOWS MP NONE AGAIN I AM SICK OF THE OFFICIATING AROUND HERE . CALL THE GAME BOTH WAYS. AND I AM NOT #### BECAUSE WE LOST , BECAUSE WE BEAT OURSELVES. BUT I AM JUST TIRED OF OFFICIALS JUST PLAIN SCREWING GAMES UP. GOOD LUCK MP

then why dont you fix the situation and get out there and become a soccer ref yourself, if you could do such a better job.... real easy to talk bad about the officiating in any sport from the bleachers...

I saw the foul in the box as a tripping foul. The Lindale player got beat and clipped the back of the MP's players legs out from underneath him.

I think the slide tackle called against Lindale was because of the aggresive nature of the act. I think if this foul would have been committed later in the game, the ref may have seen this aggressive style is both teams style of play and should have allowed this play as he did later during the game with the slide tackle for Mt. Pleasant.

Outside of allowing too much time for the "so-called" cramps, I think the officiating was acceptable. Yes there were occassions that something was missed, but this group didn't allow this game to get out of control. This group was much better than most officiating I have seen this year.

So, exactly what happened at the end of the mp/lindale game? Did mp win on a pk?

No, the PK was with about 16 minutes left in the first half with what I saw as a tripping on a MP player that had beat the Lindale player just inside the box in front of the goal.

Lindale tied it up off a throw in that was sent across the middle by a Lindale player and then placed into the net by #21 Joel Ramirez.

LIndale definitely had more runs at and shots on goal, but couldn't seem to get them to go between the goal posts. A fair number of shots hit the post or missed barely wide.

First, turn off the shout button.

2nd, kudos to you for recognizing Mount Pleasant's win, and admitting Lindale should've played better.

That takes class.

THIRD:

Why do you throw it all out the window with your whining about officiating?

Did you for once consider that they were calling it both ways? That does not mean that each team gets the SAME number of cards, or fouls called.

It means they called it fairly, and called what they saw.

Don't come back to me with your 'to be expected' you didn't see the game. I know I didn't. I just know You probably have a bias because Lindale is your team. If they had won, I doubt you would be complaining about officiating.

I would bet an unbiased observer of the game would say that it was called as it was. To accept the opinion of someone with as much involvement as you takes a big stretch. Weren't these guys from the Dallas area? Didn't that remove the favoritism some would imply?

You were showing sportsmanship up until the whining. MAN UP. Quit blaming the officials. I know you accepted that you played poorly, but you are really trying to lay the difference in the match as being their fault.

They just called what was played. Whose fault is that? HMMMM? :thumbdown:

Congratulations to both teams on one heck of a season!

2nd, kudos to you for recognizing Mount Pleasant's win, and admitting Lindale should've played better.

That takes class.

THIRD:

Did you for once consider that they were calling it both ways? That does not mean that each team gets the SAME number of cards, or fouls called.

Don't come back to me with your 'to be expected' you didn't see the game. I know I didn't. I just know You probably have a bias because Lindale is your team. If they had won, I doubt you would be complaining about officiating.

I would bet an unbiased observer of the game would say that it was called as it was. To accept the opinion of someone with as much involvement as you takes a big stretch. Weren't these guys from the Dallas area? Didn't that remove the favoritism some would imply?

You were showing sportsmanship up until the whining. MAN UP. Quit blaming the officials. I know you accepted that you played poorly, but you are really trying to lay the difference in the match as being their fault.

Lindale DEFINITELY played well...they played with heart and showed extreme determination even while down. Unfourtunately they couldnt put the ball in the back of the net. MP had one opportunity to score and made it. The other goal was a gift. Lindale dominated the game while controling the ball and having many more chances to score than MP. Things just didnt go there way. MP came to play and got the win but anyone who watched the game can easily tell that Lindale is by far the better team and wins that game 9 times out of 10. That 1 time is all that matters though

Good luck to Mount Pleasant

I

That takes class.

I

THIRD:

I wasn't wining I just said it should have been called the same the slide tackle in the box against lindale should have been called .,All the delays for the supposing cramps should have been called also. So before u start bashing maybe u better get your facts straight. I have never said I wasn't biest at all , that is why I stated what I said in the first. Mp played their hearts out just didn't like the fouls that should have been. Called against them to

I I wasn't wining I just said it should have been called the same the slide tackle in the box against lindale should have been called .,All the delays for the supposing cramps should have been called also. So before u start bashing maybe u better get your facts straight. I have never said I wasn't biest at all , that is why I stated what I said in the first. Mp played their hearts out just didn't like the fouls that should have been. Called against them to

WHining, complaining, whatever. You are presuming to be right about how you perceived the game, and how the calls should have been, and that the referees were wrong. I call a spade a spade.

THere was no "bashing" so get your heart off your sleeve. I gave you props for being sporting to Mount Pleasant, and admitting Lindale had their own chances to win, but didn't succeed.

I don't know what "Facts" I have to get straight, I was not quoting any Facts. I was stating OPINIONS.

What you seem to have missed, is that in my opinion, you seem to believe that the referees cheated, you imply that when you accuse them of not calling it both ways.

WHat you can't see through your BIASED glasses, is that maybe they got it right, maybe Lindale did commit more fouls, and that's why they got more cards, a PK and other calls.

You have the right to your opinion, you can think that you are right and they are wrong.

You claim not to want to complain, admit MP played well, admit Lindale did not finish, but then after all the man-up comments, you begin to complain.

To me, it's WHINING.

Maybe you could get involved for a while in your local rec league, and try it for a while. I'm sure TASO could use referees that know how to call games "both ways."

To make it to state it takes four things.....teamwork, dedication, skill and LUCK! Lindale had 3 out of 4 Friday night. They played their hearts out, and just could not get it in the back of the net. Congratulations to this team for having the kind of season most dream about. It ended way to early, but everyone is SO proud of the way you guys played.

As far as the cramps for MP go, I personally have never in my life seen anything like it. MP coach knew what he was doing. He had his best team on the field and did not want to sub, so when ya get tired......cramp up. It worked, slowed the game down bigtime. I think I counted 5 times in the last OT that they kept going down. Funny thing is, it always seemed to be at the right moment, give their defense time to get back. Some may say it is what it is, just so happened that way. I don't know, just looked a little fishy. My argument is, if they continued to down, get them off the field and sub in. But the ref allowed them to lay there, stretch and one time for a good 4 or 5 minutes. One Lindale kid cramped up and they moved him to the sideline and subbed in.