Chelsea Back on Top!

catluv

Super Frank scored 4 on his own and the Blues netted 7 as a team in destroying Aston Villa 7-1 today to go back to the top of the table in the EPL. With today's blow out victory and their 5-0 whipping of lowly Portsmouth mid-week Chelsea is absolutely rolling here at the end of the season. Just in time to hopefully get 3 points at Utd and seal up the Premiere League title for the first time since Jose roamed the sidelines at The Bridge.

Come on Chelsea!!!!!!!!!

Well shoot, I just went to soccernet to check on Utd and they ended up blowing out their opponent so they have reclaimed to top spot and are one point ahead of Chelsea after today's action. Still, the Blues control their own destiny. If Chelsea wins at Utd they should win the title.

Yeah united is on top! Berbatov finally pulled through up top and combined well with nani. You might as well label that Chelsea game the title game. Winner probably takes the leage. Good luck to both.

Yeah united is on top! Berbatov finally pulled through up top and combined well with nani. You might as well label that Chelsea game the title game. Winner probably takes the leage. Good luck to both.

I feel you are exactly right about that match being the title match. I feel the winner of that game takes it.

how about tottenham? any takers on them being in the champions league next season? the way they're playing right now they'd do pretty good in that competition. at the same time, i'm afraid that their lack of depth would keep them from doing anything special in the premier league. if i remember correctly two years ago they were in a bit of relegation trouble when they were chanllenging for the uefa (now EUROcopa)... any theories? supporters? opponents?

can you tell i'm a spurs fan???

how about tottenham? any takers on them being in the champions league next season? the way they're playing right now they'd do pretty good in that competition. at the same time, i'm afraid that their lack of depth would keep them from doing anything special in the premier league. if i remember correctly two years ago they were in a bit of relegation trouble when they were chanllenging for the uefa (now EUROcopa)... any theories? supporters? opponents?

can you tell i'm a spurs fan???

I like Tottenham and I think they will finish in the top four of the PL to qualify for CL next season. They've got a quality squad. I'm a huge Chelsea, but I like the way Tottenham plays soccer.

Yeah Tott will be in the Champions league next season along with the top 3 (Man U, Arsenal & Chelsea). I think Arsenal will catch Man U for the Premeir league title!

I think you should change that from Arsenal to Chelsea as the team who will catch Man U for the PL title.

i kept hitting rewind on the dvr (useful for this kinds of things) and it looked to me like cesc hyper-extended his knee when he power kicked that pk. and yeah he looked fine going for the ball out of the net but my guess is he realized he'd done himself in with that kick.

as i said earlier, i'm a tottenham fan but noone can deny that he was a warrior and a leader last night.

GO SPURS!!!

CAN YOU BELIEVE FOX SOCCER CHANNEL ISN'T AIRING THE CHELSKI V UNITED GAME?????

:crybaby:

ESPN 2 6:30am Central Time. ManU for 4 in a row. Berba is going show why we shelled out £30mil for him. Reds for the title. Again!!!!

outstanding aceworld! i love the fact that you dedicated your first post to answering my prayer! :woohoo:

thanks for the 411! and i'm with you on that chant! hopefully they'll pick themselves up and make it to the CL final at least!

i would love to see MAN U rub that in CASHtriano ronaldo's face!!!

clutch road win, it seems like every team at the top of EPL is having severe injury issues.

Chelsea - Ashley Cole

Manchester United - Rooney

Arsenal - RVP, Fabregas, Gallas and Arshavin

Arsenal and Chelsea have both been decimated by injury. Chelsea is also missing the Bison, Michael Essien, in the middle, and Carvalho.

It was quite apparent United isn't nearly the team without Rooney. Carlo not starting Drogba and then bringing him on fairly late was an awesome plan.

Dont forget Man U has been hit with injuries all year with Van Der Sar, Ferdinand, Vidic, Anderson, Owen and now Rooney. Dont count them out yet, big game tomorrow they need a win to keep the Epl in Champions League.

I don't want Man U to win CL.