16 AAA Baseball

futfan

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the game picked up where it left off from the rain delay?

No, (actually it was discussed in another thread, I forget which)

The UIL rules state that unless it was 5 innings, or 4 1/2 with the home team ahead, it is a "no game", and they start over. Pg 29 of the manual.

If I heard right, the # 3 pitcher was used, same one from the previous incomplete game. I may be wrong.

PG allowed 2 unearned runs.

Pittsburg lost 6-2 to PG. Pleasant Grove scored 3 runs in the top of 7th with 2 outs to make it 6-1. Pittsburg scored 1 and had bases loaded and PG brought in Gilley who got the last out.

It seems that PG definitely has the pitchers to go a long way. I don't see anyone in district beating them.....

NB beat MV 10-7 tonight, they're 5-1 in district now. NB's starting pitcher allowed 4 runs plus bases loaded on one out, so they brought Carr in to get out of the jam and he pitched the last 6-2/3 to get the win and go to 10-0 pitching on the season. Garrett Burnett hit a grand slam boommmbbb in the bottom of the 1st and after one inning NB was up 6-4. Pritchard also hit a key 2-run homer for NB to turn an 8-7 lead into 10-7 going into the 7th. MV is a scrappy team, they may be 0-6 but they can't be taken lightly, they're in every game.

Any other updates?

Pleasant Grove over Atlanta

12-0 in 5 innings

Phillips got the shutout, no walks, pitched his way out of tough spots in the 3rd and 4th.

Hawks hit well tonight. Still a couple of errors and baserunning goofs to clean up, but the score tells the final story.

Pitt beat NB 10-9 in 10 innings. Game went into bottom of 6th 5-4, Pitt took a 9-4 lead into 7th, then NB scored 5 to tie it. Carr came on in relief in the 8th with bases loaded, one out, and got out of the jam. After a few innings of no one scoring, Pitt scored one in the bottom of the 10th to win. It counts as Carr's first loss, now 10-1, but was put into a tough spot. Lions are now 5-2 in district with Atl, LE and PG left to play. Carr had a homerun and a double, his 8th homer on the year. Pritchard, Raney, Farris, Yount had good hits as well. Was a good, exciting game.