16 AAA Baseball

futfan

Has PG ever won state in football, baseball or basketball? I know LE, Atl and NB have, maybe it's PG's turn to win some something. What's up with all the ifs hawkgrad? Who said anything about hits or throwing strikes? That's too many ifs. I know it rained and maybe the ball was wet, but NB can't make 5 errors like tonight and expect to win in the playoffs. It feels like Carr has to strike everyone out, he already has 100 K's and NB's only played 21 games, fewest in district. Carr doesn't have the batting average to be offensive MVP regardless of his 8 homeruns, he's in a mini slump, but he should get district MVP based on what he means to his team pitching and hitting wise. Take away any one player from PG and they're still good, take away Carr and NB probably has a 3-18 record. PG has the tools to go far in the playoffs cuz the don't beat themselves, have good hitting and at least 2 really effective pitchers. I'm sure they'll make it to the regional semis, NB can only hope to get there and win the coin toss, and even that'll require winning a few coin tosses on the way and stepping up on the fundamentals.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has PG ever won state in football, baseball or basketball? I know LE, Atl and NB have, maybe it's PG's turn to win some something. What's up with all the ifs hawkgrad? Who said anything about hits or throwing strikes? That's too many ifs. I know it rained and maybe the ball was wet, but NB can't make 5 errors like tonight and expect to win in the playoffs. It feels like Carr has to strike everyone out, he already has 100 K's and NB's only played 21 games, fewest in district. Carr doesn't have the batting average to be offensive MVP regardless of his 8 homeruns, he's in a mini slump, but he should get district MVP based on what he means to his team pitching and hitting wise. Take away any one player from PG and they're still good, take away Carr and NB probably has a 3-18 record. PG has the tools to go far in the playoffs cuz the don't beat themselves, have good hitting and at least 2 really effective pitchers. I'm sure they'll make it to the regional semis, NB can only hope to get there and win the coin toss, and even that'll require winning a few coin tosses on the way and stepping up on the fundamentals.

Good luck in the playoffs NoStripes! And yes, it would be nice to win a State Title.

I wanted to say thank you to Mr. Lee Farris, The New Boston Coaches and Pleasant Grove dads and Coaches for getting the field ready to play. Mr. Farris is really an asset to New Boston and there were multiple PG dads helping to make this game possible.

:homer:

i say janson carr for offensive mvp and michael gilley for district mvp

:homer: How many games have you attended this year? Carr is good but is NOT the offensive mvp..maybe for the Lions but not for the entire district..Haven't even heard of the other guy..JMHO

:homer:

:homer: How many games have you attended this year? Carr is good but is NOT the offensive mvp..maybe for the Lions but not for the entire district..Haven't even heard of the other guy..JMHO

M. Gilley is a key player for Pleasant Grove middle infielder/pitcher......you've never heard of him???

Everyone is biased for their team or particular players, that's what a message board is. I think Caleb Granberry for NB should be Defensive MVP, he's made about 5 diving catches in key situations, has a good arm and always gets a great break on the ball. He's a centerfielder though, MVP's aren't usually outfielders, but he shouldn't be overlooked. But we all see our team's players 10 games and everyone else's just 2, so it's impossible not to be biased. Odds are PG will have the most all-districters.

Carr is 11-1 on the mound and leads the area in strikeouts. His batting average is good, but not great

Aren't Pitching stats more related to Defensive? I remember Wacha getting a Defensive MVP for his outstanding pitching efforts. Seems like if someone is a district quality Ace, and leading hitter, it's a District MVP type of nomination.

Now 5-2 from 2 more crucial errors with 2 outs. NB has 4 errors, PG has none, and NB is pitching their 3 and 4 pitchers while PG is pitching Phillips. PG is definitely beatable, especially if Carr was pitching for NB and NB would play some defense, that's their Achilles' heel.

What's up with all the ifs hawkgrad? Who said anything about hits or throwing strikes? That's too many ifs. I know it rained and maybe the ball was wet, but NB can't make 5 errors like tonight and expect to win in the playoffs. Take away any one player from PG and they're still good, take away Carr and NB probably has a 3-18 record...

I think he was asking that question of your response, with regard to "ifs".

" PG is definitely beatable, especially if Carr was pitching for NB and NB would play some defense, that's their Achilles' heel."

I don't think your making excuses, don't get me wrong.

I agree, PG (or anyone) is beatable. That's rhetorical. Possible becomes probable when the right factors are in place.

If it takes Carr on the mound to beat PG, it's incumbent on the coach to place him on the mound.

If one team makes 5 errors, and the other none, that's a big part of winning and losing. Both teams played with the same conditions, so the one that overcame the adverse condition prevailed.

The ifs are valid. IF a team does not commit errors, and IF they start their Ace, and if the other team does not hit well, and your team does, it's a different result. To quote you, That's too many if's.

But that's where reality comes in. IF those things DON'T happen, the results are as they were.

LE FAN, I think PG will be OK, just as in the past two years. The cruising through District part, only to run into tougher teams did not hurt them in the recent past, until State.

Two years ago they lost on the play that, had it not been made PG would've won state.

Kudo's to the Snyder shortstop for ranging over to the first base side of second to snag the ball and throw out Wacha at first to end the game. Winning pitcher a great story for Snyder.

Last year Giddings took PG down in the Semi's. PG is looking for that elusive ring, one series at a time.

Speaking of series, Coin flip has been an interesting topic. PG went to State on one game series play 2 years ago, and last year, they played a lot of 2/3 series. They have the depth to do that again.

They also have the 1-2 punch of Phillips and Gilley to match up at any time with anyone's Ace, and may the better bats win.

A regional Semi half an hour away sounds like a good series for either PG or NB, would love to see it.

Good luck to the Lions in going far! Going to 2A next year should be even more interesting!

Any word on playoff pairings, sights, etc...for 16AAA?

Bi-District Matchups

REGION I

R1 Lubbock Cooper (23-7) vs Abilene Wylie/Graham

BYE W4 Clint (18-8)

R3 Andrews (19-5) vs T4 Pecos (14-17-1)

BYE W2 Brownwood (20-7-1)

R5 Bridgeport (19-7-1) vs T6 BYE

BYE W8 Burnet (23-6)

R7 Gatesville (18-11-1) vs T8 Liberty Hill (10-17)

Game 1: Friday, May 7 @ Copperas Cove High School, 7:30 PM

BYE W6

T1 Perryton (15-12) vs R2 Snyder (15-13)

Game 1: Friday, May 7 @ Levelland, 7:00 PM

Game 2: Saturday, May 8 @ Levelland, 1:00 PM

Game 3: 30 minutes after Game 2 (If needed)

BYE W3 Monahans (13-7)

T3 Seminole (13-13-1) vs R4 Ft. Stockton (12-11)

Game 1: Friday, May 7 @ Crane, 6:00 PM

Game 2: Saturday, May 8 @ Crane, 1:00 PM

BYE W1 Lubbock Estacado (24-5)

T5 Vernon (12-11) vs R6 BYE

BYE W7 West (25-5-1)

T7 China Spring (13-12) vs R8 Llano (18-7-2)

Game 1: Thursday, May 6 @ Harker Heights High School, Kileen, 7:00 PM

Game 2: Friday, May 7 @ Harker Heights, 7:00 PM

Game 3: Saturday, May 8 @ Harker Heights, 11:00 AM (If needed)

BYE W5 Burkburnett (20-10)

REGION II

R9 Prosper (23-5) vs T10 Van Alstyne (11-10-3)

Game 1: Thursday, May 6 @ Prosper, 7:00 PM

Game 2: Friday, May 7 @ Van Alstyne, 7:00 PM

Game 3: Saturday, May 8 @ Frisco High School, 12:00 PM (If needed)

BYE W12 Kennedale (19-6)

R11 FW Castleberry (18-13) vs T12 Crandall (17-8)

BYE W10 Paris North Lamar (18-6)

R13 Farmersville (21-6-1) vs T14 Eustace (14-10-1)

BYE W 16 Pleasant Grove (26-2)

R 15 BYE vs T16 Pittsburg (13-13)

BYE W14 Canton (16-8)

T9 Celina (17-8) vs R10 Paris (19-5)

Game 1: Thursday, May 6 @ Paris, 7:30 PM

Game 2: Friday, May 6 @ Celina, 7:00 PM

Game 3: Saturday, May 7 TBD (If needed)

BYE R11 Lake Worth (18-8)

T11 FW Diamond Hill-Jarvis (11-9) vs R12 Kaufman (16-9)

BYE W9 Argyle (23-3)

T13 Princeton (18-10) vs R14 Wills Point (16-9)

BYE W15 BYE

T15 BYE vs R16 New Boston (14-6)

BYE W13 Lucas Lovejoy (21-6-1)

REGION III

R17 Longview Spring Hill (18-6) vs T18 Lufkin Hudson (16-12-1)

BYE W20 Athens (19-4)

R19 Lorena (17-7-2) vs T20 Crockett (19-9)

BYE W18 Jasper (25-3)

R21 Bridge City (20-5-1) vs T22 Coldspring (11-13)

BYE W24 Taylor (20-7)

R23 BYE vs T24 Navasota (15-9)

BYE W22 HUffman-Hargrave (16-8-1)

T17 Gilmer (17-7) vs R18 Carthage (20-7)

BYE W19 Robinson (27-1)

T19 Mexia (16-8-1) vs R20 Brownsboro (15-7)

BYE W17 Bullard (21-5)

T21 West Orange-Stark (15-10) vs R22 Cleveland Tarkington (10-8)

BYE W23

T23 BYE vs R24 Bryan Rudder (21-6)

BYE W21 Orangefield (23-2)

REGION IV

R25 La Grange (19-4) vs T26 Sweeny (18-6)

BYE W28 Cuero (17-10)

R27 La Vernia (14-6) vs T28 Yoakum (11-10)

Game 1: Friday, May 7 @ La Vernia, 7:00 PM

Game 2: Saturday, May 8 @ Yoakum, 2:00 PM

BYE W26 Needville (15-6)

R29 Devine (12-12) vs T30 Fischer Canyon Lake (12-13)

Game 1: Thursday, May 6 @ Canyon Lake, 7:00 PM

Game 2: Friday, May 7 @ Devine, 7:00 PM

Game 3: Saturday, May 8 @ TBD, 12:00 PM

BYE W32 Hidalgo (22-6)

R31 Sinton (20-10) vs T30 La Feria (15-11)

Game 1: Friday, May 7 @ La Feria, 7:00 PM

Game 2: Saturday, May 8 @ Sinton, 1:00 PM

BYE W30 Boerne (20-5)

T25 Bellville (13-9) vs R26 Columbia (20-6)

BYE W27 Marion (17-9)

T27 Poteet (16-9) vs R28 Goliad (14-8)

BYE 25 Giddings (22-2-1)

T29 Lytle (16-9-1) vs R 30 Fredericksburg (17-11-1)

BYE W31 Robstown (20-7)

T31 Mathis (21-6-2) vs R32 Zapata (15-8)

W29 Pearsall (15-10)

New Boston and Lucas Lovejoy in the area round.

I think that 16AAA will have a tough challenge in it's first round of play. I don't know about Canton, but Farmersville and Lucas Lovejoy will both be good tests for our district.

I think Pittsburg can beat Canton, they are 7-3 and had to play an extra game to decide who would take first place in their district. But if Pittsburg wins they turn around and meet PG again, so you know how that always goes every year in the playoffs....