13-4A District Track Meet

Coach Rab

I can't speak for anyone but Marshall, but does anyone see any dark horses, upsets, records?

I know that Marshall is looking strong in the 4x800 and 4x400 relays and Aaron Franklin (200m) and Jonathan Tijerina (1 mile 2 mile) from Marshall are runaway favorites for this week. I am interested on hearing who else from other schools look like runaway favorites, possible state contenders.

Numbers should help Hallsville with field events..

PT has a guy that should win in the discus.

Longview has two guys that can fly in the 100.. Add Franklin and it should be a good one..

Franklin should take the 200..

Longview should take 4x400 relays... Gonna be close between them and Marshall..

Just a few random thoughts.

Franklin should be the favorite to win the 100 and the 200. If he slips up at all on the 100, then Longview has a couple guys that will make him pay. Nathan Sorensen would have been a descent challenger for Franklin in the 200, but not sure he has been doing much running with baseball taking up most of his time. SS has Mcqueen running hurdles, but look for the Hallsville runner to give him a run for his money. Hallsville will probably hold a good size lead as usual, until the last few running events. Marshall, Texas High, Longview, and Hallsville will all be neck and neck the whole way, it will come down to who can run the cleanest relays. Longview should take the 4X100 since Franklin from Marshall doesn't run in that event. Marshall and Texas High will challenge them. Marshall should take the 4x200, with the defending state champs Texas High at their heels. Longview will be the favorite in the 4x400, with Marshall and Texas High not far behind. Overall it will be one of the most interesting district meets in the area, with so many teams capable of winning it on the boys side. Lets hope for a nice clear spring day, not too hot and not too cool.

Franklin should be the favorite to win the 100 and the 200. If he slips up at all on the 100, then Longview has a couple guys that will make him pay. Nathan Sorensen would have been a descent challenger for Franklin in the 200, but not sure he has been doing much running with baseball taking up most of his time. SS has Mcqueen running hurdles, but look for the Hallsville runner to give him a run for his money. Hallsville will probably hold a good size lead as usual, until the last few running events. Marshall, Texas High, Longview, and Hallsville will all be neck and neck the whole way, it will come down to who can run the cleanest relays. Longview should take the 4X100 since Franklin from Marshall doesn't run in that event. Marshall and Texas High will challenge them. Marshall should take the 4x200, with the defending state champs Texas High at their heels. Longview will be the favorite in the 4x400, with Marshall and Texas High not far behind. Overall it will be one of the most interesting district meets in the area, with so many teams capable of winning it on the boys side. Lets hope for a nice clear spring day, not too hot and not too cool.

Wednesday's weather:

Mostly SunnyHigh

82°F

Precip

20%

Wind:From SE at 13 mph Max. Humidity:54%UV Index:9 Very HighSunrise:6:50 AM CTAvg. High:77°FRecord High:91°F (1936)

Jamal Anderson (Marshall) won the long jump.

Pine Tree kid (great athlete) won the shot put.

Not sure how the pole vaulting final and the 2 mile turned out (Tijerina will compete in 1 mile and 800m tomorrow)

Hallsville Bobcat Stadium

The Mavericks of Marshall won the Varsity boys track 13-4A title followed closely by Hallsville. Texas High won the 13-4A girls title followed by runner up Pine Tree.

Very well run district meet. Congratulations to all who won and are headed to regional in two weeks at Denton.

Couple of posts up makes it look like I knew what I was talking about a little. If dem lobo's wouldnt have choked in the 4x200 relay, they would be looking at second place instead of third. On a side note, what was up with that crazy football tackle toward the end of the mile relay? Never seen that before at a track meet. Did the guy get in trouble or was it a secret track move to slow down your opponent?

Couple of posts up makes it look like I knew what I was talking about a little. If dem lobo's wouldnt have choked in the 4x200 relay, they would be looking at second place instead of third. On a side note, what was up with that crazy football tackle toward the end of the mile relay? Never seen that before at a track meet. Did the guy get in trouble or was it a secret track move to slow down your opponent?

I saw that myself and wondered if they just ran together, or if it was deliberate. Certainly, a very odd looking thing from the stands.

Sorry to see that Nat Sorrenson from Texas High could not participate due to his hamstring injury. I hope he makes a speedy recovery. Again, congratulations to all the participants at the meet.

I sure hate to see this district bust up which I have said before. Let's hope the schools will compete together next year in some non district meets.