GREAT STORY FROM THE MASTERS

blesseddaily

Even if you are not a golfer this is an example that our youth today need to hear about every day...how to be a REAL MAN and REAL HUSBAND...here is the link to a GREAT STORY that needs to be told on every newspaper, every sports show and every locker room instead of the Tiger Woods garbage.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=5077009

This is a great story. Phil played extremely well, and hit a ton of great golf shots over the weekend. I am sure that yesterday was a great day for their family, given the situations they have been living with over the past years. Cancer is a terrible thing, and hopefully for a brief moment their family didn't have to be consumed by cancer thoughts.

As for Phil being #1, I don't think it is time for him to get it yet. I think that it is difficult to argue for Tiger right now, given his layoff, but he did finish T4 yesterday. I think this discussion will heat up soon, but for now it is still Tiger, unless he takes another extended break. If he stays out until the U.S. Open or something like that, I could see there being a new number one.

As for the Masters, what a weekend. It is always such a wonderful tourney.

Tiger said yesterday he wasn't playing in another tournament for a while. My guess was that he would be back for the Open, but my son-in-law and husband disagree. They feel Tiger will not want to face the public outside the protection of Augusta. It is too open to the public. The crowds would be a little crazier. He had 60 security guards with him at Augusta; he'd probably have to have more at the Open. I don't know. It wouldn't bother me if he dropped off the planet. I am Tiger weary.

Congratulations to Phil and his family. My mother is a 20-year breast cancer survivor. It can be beaten.

UPDATE on 4/13: Tiger has said he will play in the U. S. Open.