Pine Tree ISD - A new stadium ?

eagles66

I say buy the stupid restaurant property there at the JH entrance and biuld it there going towards the JH. It would still not be on the hS campus but would be a little closer and bigger area for parking.

I agree with you Bulldogbacker. That restaurant building has never and will never be successful. It makes more sense to build there than anywhere! Right on the Loop would be a great location!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say buy the stupid restaurant property there at the JH entrance and biuld it there going towards the JH. It would still not be on the hS campus but would be a little closer and bigger area for parking.

I agree with you Bulldogbacker. That restaurant building has never and will never be successful. It makes more sense to build there than anywhere! Right on the Loop would be a great location!

I don't know which part of the loop you are referring to, but isnt most of the loop busy at all times?

The football team wasnt terrible... they just didn't have the athletes to hang with the speed of everyone else in the district. I believe PT football has a future, they just need the community to support them. It starts at the lower grade levels and from what I have seen, their 8th and 9th grade groups look pretty decent. Give these kids something to play for (or in for that matter). A new stadium would be great for the entire Pine Tree program. If you dont think that football deserves it, build it for soccer!!!

one problem is that the school district is shrinking in size. longview,spring-hill and hallsville are growing.pine tree needs new stadium, but do they need an indoor practice facility with that bond?....answer is no. 20 m il is alot to ask taxpayers for for a program that will never produce income to justify it. tone down design and then it might pass> they don't need a triple decker press box either. be serious!

one problem is that the school district is shrinking in size. longview,spring-hill and hallsville are growing.pine tree needs new stadium, but do they need an indoor practice facility with that bond?....answer is no. 20 m il is alot to ask taxpayers for for a program that will never produce income to justify it. tone down design and then it might pass> they don't need a triple decker press box either. be serious!

Where did you get an indoor practice facility from? There is not one in this bond. I don't recall the press box being a triple decker press box either (I guess you can stand on top making it a triple decker). Why do you always have to bring up something about the program to justify a new stadium? This is the second time you did and it has NOTHING to do with this? Come on EastTXfootballFan!

The Stadium isn't all that fancy. The breakdown of the 20mil shows there are other things being built badly needed. Girls dressing rooms for one.

Here is the list of things in the bond:

NEW STADIUM AND COMPLEX – $15,549,710

Demolition $225,000

New Construction: Stadium $10,206,781

New Construction: Dressing Facility $2,400,000

Equipment: Field $120,000

Equipment: Scoreboard/Public Address System/Video Integration $600,000

Fees/Equipment/Surveying/Regulatory Reviews/Contingencies $1,997,929

HIGH SCHOOL RENOVATION/ADDITIONS – $2,124,736

Renovation of Practice Fields $500,000

Replacement of Track near HS campus $200,000

Softball/Tennis/Girls Soccer Dressing Facility $904,910

Locker Rooms at High School $125,000

Fees/Equipment/Surveying/Regulatory Reviews/Contingencies $394,826

MAINTENANCE ITEMS $2,315,501

Hazardous materials abatement $100,000

Renovation: HS Classroom Halls/HS Theater $1,945,000

Fees/Equipment/Surveying/Regulatory Reviews/Contingencies $270,501

TOTAL $19,989,947

So you can see it is not 20 mil for a stadium, we are spending 15.5 mil to basically bring Pine Tree to the 21st Century is all.

We are replacing a stadium built in 1940 that holds 1000 people with one that holds 7500 and is described as such:

2,500 total parking spaces in paved and grassed surfaces

New Home Side Bleachers with elevated concourse

New Pressbox

New synthetic mulit-sport field and synthetic 8-lane track

New toilets and concessions

Outdoor plaza areas for pre-game or other special events

Visitor bleachers

Video scoreboard

New 15,000 square foot dressing facility to accomodate up to 4 teams

Nothing extravagant as said before.

2,500 total parking spaces in paved and grassed surfaces

New Home Side Bleachers with elevated concourse

New Pressbox

New synthetic mulit-sport field and synthetic 8-lane track

New toilets and concessions

Outdoor plaza areas for pre-game or other special events

Visitor bleachers

Video scoreboard

New 15,000 square foot dressing facility to accomodate up to 4 teams

Nothing extravagant as said before.

4 team dressing room, VIDEO scoreboard, outdoor plaza, synthetic turf, elevated concourse!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing extravagant?? Is this PT Stadium or Allen Eagles stadium? Sounds a tad bit extravagant to me. Leave out the video board, tone down the dressing area...this does not have to be a state-of-the-art complex just to keep up with other people.....Don't get greedy with all the extras.

4 team dressing room, VIDEO scoreboard, outdoor plaza, synthetic turf, elevated concourse!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing extravagant?? Is this PT Stadium or Allen Eagles stadium? Sounds a tad bit extravagant to me. Leave out the video board, tone down the dressing area...this does not have to be a state-of-the-art complex just to keep up with other people.....Don't get greedy with all the extras.

I agree, a Video Scoeboard is a bit extravagant. And that was my thinking too, something we didn't need. (I would really like though, nice to see replays). The rest is no big deal. Big dressing rooms for teams to get ready, synthetic field (uh, you need a field), elevated concourse simply means everything would be right behind the stands instead of walking to the ends to go to concessions or bathrooms. Outdoor plaza I'm not sure.

Really people not extravagant.

Wow, took until the second post for someone to mention the football program and the Stadium. Congrats EastTXfootballFan on being the first! I figured on here it would come up often when it really doesn't make a difference now does it? Anyway.

The stadium is a big deal here in Pine Tree. I am for it. I think a nice stadium would be great for the school and anybody who has ever been knows it is one of the worst in East Texas, Sulphur Springs being maybe a tad worse. Its not a $20 mil stadium by the way, other things are rolled into the bond. Plus there is some other money coming in to help.

Look at this way, its not $60 mil! :)

P.S. I think it will be a close vote in passing, if it does. Right now the Vote No crowd is more vocal and out there than the Vote Yes crowd. So lets go stadium supporters.

New Diana will take any schools old stadium.

Before you cry about yours, come see ours. P.U.!!!! :thumbdown:

LoneStar64

I think everyone agrees Pine Tree has needed a new stadium for a long time. If I lived in Pine Tree I would be all for this bond. This is a no-brainer bond. Your main problem will be with people that think like EASTTXFOOTBALLFAN, They will always have something negative to say and use this as an opportunity to take shots at Pine Tree Fooball.

The Pine Tree Community would benefit as a whole from the new bond. It think all of east texas will support your bond an enjoy visiting your new stadium. If Pine Tree has that much hate for football, build it for the band, soccer, track, drill team,kids, etc.

Y'all need to come together on this!!!!

I think what hurts Pine Tree the most right now with this bond is they have done so many bonds the last few years fixing their facilities/schools in the district. I think that several campuses that have been re-done the last few years because much like the stadium, they were falling apart. While I think most people agree they need a new stadium, they just are tired of paying for all this in the last 8-10 years. Hopefully things will work out for Pine Tree Athletics.

I think what hurts Pine Tree the most right now with this bond is they have done so many bonds the last few years fixing their facilities/schools in the district. I think that several campuses that have been re-done the last few years because much like the stadium, they were falling apart. While I think most people agree they need a new stadium, they just are tired of paying for all this in the last 8-10 years. Hopefully things will work out for Pine Tree Athletics.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Everything you said is true.

Anyone seen the website that is against this bond? It's kindof funny. I somewhat agree with some of them, but the website seems to have been made on a whim by a couple of hotheads that didn't want taxes to go up. If you want the website, PM me... I am not going help advocate against a stadium that needs to be built.

But yes, that $20 mil could easily be $15mil and still be sufficient and nicer than most East Texas Stadiums and still have money left over for some of the other things.

That stadium would be perfect for Pine Tree. I don't think I like the pressbox though. Make it 2 stories and longer rather than the tall 3-story box. I dont know if the stadium is the biggest issue. I think it's how much certain areas of that bond is going to cost. Just looking at some of the stuff, alot of it seems almost pointless. To have a football game you need a couple of things:

1) Parking

2) Dressing rooms (room for 50+ both sides)

3) A Stadium with a field. Synthetic turf is just standard these days, get over it

4) Home and Visitor stands. Make room for a couple thousand rather than a couple hundred which is what they currently have and ppl would be happy.

5) Lights.

6) Finally, you need players.

I don't know how all of this comes out to $20 million but I do know that if you build something new, you want to build something to be proud of. What you have now, most schools would be ashamed of. If you reject this bond, I hope you have another one in the works. Going to your stadium is the WORST place we play each year. Your locker rooms are like jail cells. You have no climate control whatsoever in them. Something needs to be done, and this school district has known this for a while... there have been 0 improvements over the past 5 years that I have been going there. Be proud, get it done.

But yes, that $20 mil could easily be $15mil and still be sufficient and nicer than most East Texas Stadiums and still have money left over for some of the other things.

The Stadium is around 15 mil: NEW STADIUM AND COMPLEX – $15,549,710

Bclove05 - There is a field with a track around it where the soccer team works out and track practices right behind the field house behind center field fence of the baseball field. It isn't big enough for a stadium.

I really hope it passes for our community and program. It would be nice but I still think its going to be very close.

Anyone seen the website that is against this bond? It's kindof funny. I somewhat agree with some of them, but the website seems to have been made on a whim by a couple of hotheads that didn't want taxes to go up. If you want the website, PM me... I am not going help advocate against a stadium that needs to be built.

Instead of believing the LIES on that website, why dont you go to the source? The School district website.

http://www.ptisd.org/default.aspx?name=Bon...Project.Stadium

For Information about the bond stop listening to people who do not know the facts.

Some of you people on here are WAAAAAY out in left field with your information.

What will a 5 dollar a month tax increase hurt? It will restore some of your community pride

and may attract some good athletes to your area. You mean to tell me Pine Tree is actually

having this debate over that piece of junk stadium that was built over 70 years ago. Are you

KIDDING ME?!!!! Really?!!!! Where is your pride?

http://www.ptisd.org/default.aspx?name=Bon...Project.Stadium

Lets put things in perspective here. Successful football program or not, Pine Tree has a great soccer program. So, look at it as a multi-purpose soccer stadium that will house the football games as well.

I'm going to add to the perspective now. Tatum built a PRACTICE field and weight room for $11 million dollars.

This bond is $19.99 million for a new stadium, locker rooms, parking renovations, a new theater / auditorium.

Not saying anything for or against Tatum's practice facility. Just saying that to get all this stuff for only 20 mil is pretty dang good. and for 5 bucks per month extra, why is anyone griping? At least the extra money goes to the community and not some lout who leeches off the taxpayers for a living.

Part of the bond says replacing the track near the high school. Is there not enough room there to build a new stadium?

I don't know if there would be enough room for additional parking. I thought that while I worked there a few years ago casue a campus stadium would be nice for home games.

I don't know if there would be enough room for additional parking. I thought that while I worked there a few years ago casue a campus stadium would be nice for home games.

There is a HUGE field behind the stadium taht the 7th grade plays at. Use that and there is your additional parking. They have plenty of room over there. Wish it could be by the High School but i dont see that happening.

As for people complaining about the football program not being so good.... You cant predict the future. Pine Tree has the athletes to play football they just do not play for whatever reason. In 02 when they did play they were co district champs with Kilgore. Pine Tree soccer is historic and always goign to compete for a district title, not just compete. The band (when i went there) was one of the best around with huge support. There is a desperate need for a new stadium and hopefully all the Pine Tree fans will actually get behind the football teams and soccer teams for that matter and support them with a new stadium to sit in. There is no bad side to this.

I agree, a Video Scoeboard is a bit extravagant. And that was my thinking too, something we didn't need. (I would really like though, nice to see replays). The rest is no big deal. Big dressing rooms for teams to get ready, synthetic field (uh, you need a field), elevated concourse simply means everything would be right behind the stands instead of walking to the ends to go to concessions or bathrooms. Outdoor plaza I'm not sure.

Really people not extravagant.

I agree, but like I said earlier, its NOT that much. If your gonna build it, make it nice. I like all the bells and whistles like video scoreboards (we have 2). We don't set the world on fire in football either, but its nice to have something your community can take pride in.

DSC_0118.jpg

DSC_0150.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg