Cayuga's Tommy Allison to Jacksboro High

I would be the first to say Thank You for all the hard work and dedication you put it in with our boys...You took a talented group of young men and did what your were suppose to do!...and that was win....Also a congrats for such a great coaching staff from the girls coaches to the boys coaches!

I would like to wish him and his family the best of luck in Jacksboro!

This was very expected....No one in the Cayuga/Tennessee Colony area is shocked....He did what he had to do....Its a business.....Those old school coaches are gone....the ones that stay at schools for 20+ years....We enjoyed T.A. while we had him...So Jacksboro is getting a great coach and individual

I lived in Jacksboro for a year and man you are 30 to 45 minutes from anywhere. Coach stay away from Wizard wells, there are some crazy people out there.I liked dairyland better than the greenfrog. There is some good people in Jacksboro. They have a few good athletes and great facilities. They lost their QB who is also a 56 FT shot putter.

I lived in Jacksboro for a year and man you are 30 to 45 minutes from anywhere. Coach stay away from Wizard wells, there are some crazy people out there.I liked dairyland better than the greenfrog.

Easy, easy....all my dad's family is from Wizard Wells. I spent many a summers at family reunions in Wizard. Dairyland was awesome. We would eat at the Frog and go to Dairyland for ice cream!

I'm not happy for him. Beat the dawg out of people the last 2 years, then as soon as the bills come due you get out of town. Well the new coach can tell the kiddos that they are not getting their tails kicked and having the score run up on them because they did anything wrong, its because for the past two years thats what they did to everyone else. Just take it like a man...............Or move.

I'm not happy for him. Beat the dawg out of people the last 2 years, then as soon as the bills come due you get out of town. Well the new coach can tell the kiddos that they are not getting their tails kicked and having the score run up on them because they did anything wrong, its because for the past two years thats what they did to everyone else. Just take it like a man...............Or move.

Your opinion is idiotic.

Coach Allison made a tough decision, an I respect him for it! I enjoyed working for him and hope to work for him again.

Good luck to you and your family.

By your previous posts I would guess you are a player from Cayuga. It's understandable to be hurt by the fact that Coach A is leaving but that's the nature of the business. You need to get behind the players that will be returning and encourage them. There are actually quite a few good players returning, Cayuga will be fine.

Good luck Coach A on your next endeavor, Jacksboro is getting a good Christian man and all around good guy.

Your opinion is idiotic.

Coach Allison made a tough decision, an I respect him for it! I enjoyed working for him and hope to work for him again.

Good luck to you and your family.

Thats my opinion, even if you don't like it. I'm just saying what alot of people are thinking. And to say he made a tough decision is crazy. If 1 job had of come open and he applied for it and got it you maybe could have used that. But thats not the way it was, he applied, and applied, and applied. Thats running, call it what you want.

Thats my opinion, even if you don't like it. I'm just saying what alot of people are thinking. And to say he made a tough decision is crazy. If 1 job had of come open and he applied for it and got it you maybe could have used that. But thats not the way it was, he applied, and applied, and applied. Thats running, call it what you want.

What about him and his family? What about his personal goals and ambitions? Would you say the same thing if he were going to coach at the college or pro level?

TA has a responsibility to himself to achieve all that he can achieve. Everyone told him he was stupid for leaving the head basketball job in Palestine and going to Cayuga. A place that was known for being pretty rough on young football coaches. A place where the losses outnumbered the wins by a lot in every sport. He accepted the challenge and turned the entire program around. He was tremendously successful and it went WAY beyond Traylon Shead and Malcome Kennedy. It was about pride and attitude and hard work paying off. That shouldn't disappear when Coach Allison packs up his desk...it isn't in his desk, it is in the hearts and minds of every kid in the Cayuga program.

Coach Allison has accomplished his mission at Cayuga. He now has a new challenge, a new mission, and another step toward his goal of someday winning at a higher level of competition. He is a builder--and builders don't sit around and get rusty...they move on to new challenges. They re-pave the road and leave things nicer than they found it. Anyone who is bitter is either ignorant of the process, or selfish beyond all reason.

Good Luck Coach Allison

What about him and his family? What about his personal goals and ambitions? Would you say the same thing if he were going to coach at the college or pro level?

TA has a responsibility to himself to achieve all that he can achieve. Everyone told him he was stupid for leaving the head basketball job in Palestine and going to Cayuga. A place that was known for being pretty rough on young football coaches. A place where the losses outnumbered the wins by a lot in every sport. He accepted the challenge and turned the entire program around. He was tremendously successful and it went WAY beyond Traylon Shead and Malcome Kennedy. It was about pride and attitude and hard work paying off. That shouldn't disappear when Coach Allison packs up his desk...it isn't in his desk, it is in the hearts and minds of every kid in the Cayuga program.

Coach Allison has accomplished his mission at Cayuga. He now has a new challenge, a new mission, and another step toward his goal of someday winning at a higher level of competition. He is a builder--and builders don't sit around and get rusty...they move on to new challenges. They re-pave the road and leave things nicer than they found it. Anyone who is bitter is either ignorant of the process, or selfish beyond all reason.

Good Luck Coach Allison

Great Post........And like JSHARP said it is a"business"...You dont have the coaches that stay at one school 20+ years anymore.......he did his time at YUGA and now he's moving on....He has to make a living somehow...But this WASNT A SHOCKER!....Besides this will probably be one his toughest jobs....he's getting a below average team that went 5-6 made the playoffs in probably one of the worst 2a district in texas....He wont have the likes of Traylon, Malcome, Billy, Melvin and so on....So he's going to have it pretty tough his first year....Then again he had a winning season the 3 years he was at cayuga...

I wish him the best of luck

ESPN is doing a program next week. Its called "Run Tommy Run" no I miss read it. Its Run Ricky Run!

Believe what you want, and your right you do have the right to your opinion. But I can assure you that most mature minds do not see him as running away, but moving up. What else is there for him to do at Cayuga?? Now is the best time for him to better his career and step up the next rung of the ladder. Maybe he put in a thousand applications, all to bigger schools I can assure you.

Believe what you want, and your right you do have the right to your opinion. But I can assure you that most mature minds do not see him as running away, but moving up. What else is there for him to do at Cayuga?? Now is the best time for him to better is career and step up the next rung of the ladder. Maybe he put in a thousand applications, all to bigger schools I can assure you.

So how many coaches are staying? I figure they will all be trying to run......I mean "Better" themselves. Oh yeah Baby!!!!

So how many coaches are staying? I figure they will all be trying to run......I mean "Better" themselves. Oh yeah Baby!!!!

I think Branch would have a hard time leaving with only one senior starter on his baseball team.

I think instead of bashing him for leaving, why don't you thank him for all of the hard work that he has put in. As a coach I know first hand the hours that you put in. I have never met him but I have never heard a bad word about him. Congrats on a great season Coach, and congrats on your new job.

If we would have ponied up some more $$ we might coulda made his decision hard. Money talks. We are 1A peeps we will always have hit and run guys and when the talent is down they will move on.

Like I said, Go on take the money and run. He was gone as soon as his superstars were done. Just call it what it is.

i can understand the emotions at yuga about coach allison leaving but i know tommy and he is a first class individual.he did what he was supposed to at cayuga and that was take the talent cayuga had,got better each year and topped it off with a state championship this past year.now the opportunity arises for him and his family to meet new challenges.how can anyone fault him for his decision if he thinks this is what right for him and his family.he didnt make this decision alone and anyone who knows him well knows what i mean.its not like jacksboro has all the talent in the world so you cant say he is going there because they are loaded.i wish him and his family the best in the next chapter of their lives.

I lived in Jacksboro for a year and man you are 30 to 45 minutes from anywhere. Coach stay away from Wizard wells, there are some crazy people out there.I liked dairyland better than the greenfrog. There is some good people in Jacksboro. They have a few good athletes and great facilities. They lost their QB who is also a 56 FT shot putter.

Where is the Green Frog? I drive through going to my deer lease and have never seen it. I love me some Dairyland though.

Where is the Green Frog? I drive through going to my deer lease and have never seen it. I love me some Dairyland though.

Going out the highway that goes toward Olney before you get to the Sonic out there.....1-2 blocks off of the square. It is nothing to remember for the eyes.