New AD/HC at Gladewater

Golfingnut

OK everyone, the last thread must have gotten eliminated, so let's keep this one nice. This thread is only to talk about possible coaches, and why you think they would be a good fit for the Bears. Absolutely no bashing of any past Gladewater coaches or players allowed.

Throw some names out there and let's discuss their qualifications and why you like them!!!!!!!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either Ken Little or Cook would be good. I played under Little back in the day and have coached with Cook. Each would bring different qualities but could do a good job.

Who ever gets the job will have a tough time, I coached at G'water a few years ago and the talent level in not what is was in the past and that new football district is brutal.

Good luck to Gladewater in their search, would love to see them get thing going in the next couple of years.

There are some good assistant coaches in the area who would be a great fit for Gladewater and the community. Some guys who are used to winning and are good at getting the kids to work for them.

Waldrep- Spring Hill

John Berry- Longview High

Tommy Edwards- Gilmer

Matt Turner- Gilmer

Alan Metzel- Gilmer

Kurt Traylor- Gilmer

Ken Little- Henderson

Current Head Coaches that would do good:

John Frazier- West Rusk

Barry Bowman- Daingerfield

Dale Irwin- Arp

Shane Wilson- Harmony

Andy Evans- Tatum

John Eastman- Former Troup Coach

Don't know if anyone on the current staff would take the job. I heard most, if not all, were leaving GHS.