New AD/HC at Gladewater

Golfingnut

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some good assistant coaches in the area who would be a great fit for Gladewater and the community. Some guys who are used to winning and are good at getting the kids to work for them.

Waldrep- Spring Hill

John Berry- Longview High

Tommy Edwards- Gilmer

Matt Turner- Gilmer

Alan Metzel- Gilmer

Kurt Traylor- Gilmer

Ken Little- Henderson

Current Head Coaches that would do good:

John Frazier- West Rusk

Barry Bowman- Daingerfield

Dale Irwin- Arp

Shane Wilson- Harmony

Andy Evans- Tatum

John Eastman- Former Troup Coach

Don't know if anyone on the current staff would take the job. I heard most, if not all, were leaving GHS.

Why would Bowman, Irwin or Evans leave their present situations? The others are definite possibilities. One has really shown the ability to turn things around.

With this bunch of openings at Gladewater, whichever coach they choose will start a chain reaction. He will most likely bring his staff with him creating yet another void in another district. Are there any coaches around who are looking to move up from a lower classification? Maybe even a coach coming out of a state championship or championship contention in 1A or six man?

Not that I know or have heard anything at all. :saint:

I go to gladewater and i asked little today in athletics will he apply for the head coaching job and he said no.. i dont even think he will be coming back next year. And yes cook is leaving and many more coaches so we will have a lot of new additions this summer

What situation is Irwin in that would prevent him from leaving Arp and going to Gladewater?

He is at a good school that wins and has good support, don't ever see kids or fans bashing coaches or players on any topic about Arp. They do play each other next year though................. you will see then about their situation.

I may not have agreed with Calloways coaching style or decisions he made as a coach but as a man, well you just couldn't get much better than him. He always used God as his guide and I do not believe he took this decision to move on lightly. I don't think he "walked out or abandoned" the school or these kids. If anything these kids abandoned him. They quit trying. I'm not saying they all did but the majority of them did. JMO!

I do hope that the new AD will take a good look in ALL areas of the coaching staff at Gladewater. It would be nice to have some coaches coaching a sport that they actually have experience in playing. again JMO! :icon_confused:

I go to gladewater and i asked little today in athletics will he apply for the head coaching job and he said no.. i dont even think he will be coming back next year. And yes cook is leaving and many more coaches so we will have a lot of new additions this summer

The Coach Little they are talking about is Ken Little that is the DC at Henderson. He was with Jack Murphy for 13 years. He is one of the finest men and coaches you will ever meet. I don't know if he would be interested in Gladewater, but you would not find a better coach or man. Unless you are in athletics at henderson there is not way you spoke to him today.

There are some good assistant coaches in the area who would be a great fit for Gladewater and the community. Some guys who are used to winning and are good at getting the kids to work for them.

Waldrep- Spring Hill

John Berry- Longview High

Tommy Edwards- Gilmer

Matt Turner- Gilmer

Alan Metzel- Gilmer

Kurt Traylor- Gilmer

Ken Little- Henderson

Current Head Coaches that would do good:

John Frazier- West Rusk

Barry Bowman- Daingerfield

Dale Irwin- Arp

Shane Wilson- Harmony

Andy Evans- Tatum

John Eastman- Former Troup Coach

Don't know if anyone on the current staff would take the job. I heard most, if not all, were leaving GHS.

Waldrep has taken Asst Principal job at SH....

what about the oc from Arp--he's from gwater

I believe his dad is still on the school board there. Gladewater is one of those schools that if you have a relative on the school board you can not be hired in the district. So if he wanted the job, his dad would have to give up his seat on the board. (i could be wrong, but that was what i was told)