Baseball Playoffs

ssgmp5150

Who wins and why  

34 members have voted

1. 1. PG vs Farmersville

• PG
    • Farmersville

Here we go again. A round two matchup of two really good teams, except this time it is not football, but baseball! From what I understand, PG has a phenomenal baseball team with an ace pitcher. Farmersville has several excellent players, to include that pesky quarterback that gave em fits, playing catcher. Should be interesting....Does Farmersville avenge their playoff loss in football or does PG make in two for two??? From what I understand, PG is just simply awesome, so it will be tough to beat em, but I think it can be done. Farmersville played in a pretty tough district with the likes of Lovejoy and Princeton. Those two teams are pretty good, but so are all the other teams in PG's district! I am biased here, but I am calling for an "upset" of PG. Farmersville wins in 3 games. Keeping my fingers crossed... :sweat:

Here we go again. A round two matchup of two really good teams, except this time it is not football, but baseball! From what I understand, PG has a phenomenal baseball team with an ace pitcher. Farmersville has several excellent players, to include that pesky quarterback that gave em fits, playing catcher. Should be interesting....Does Farmersville avenge their playoff loss in football or does PG make in two for two??? From what I understand, PG is just simply awesome, so it will be tough to beat em, but I think it can be done. Farmersville played in a pretty tough district with the likes of Lovejoy and Princeton. Those two teams are pretty good, but so are all the other teams in PG's district! I am biased here, but I am calling for an "upset" of PG. Farmersville wins in 3 games. Keeping my fingers crossed... :sweat:

Good luck Farmers.!!!

I wouldn't say PG has an ace pitcher like last year, but they've got 3-4 pitchers who will probably be pitching college ball some day. Jon Phillips is an excellent pitcher and so is Gilley. PG is the most fundamentally sound team I've seen this year, so I'll go with the Hawks.

PG in two...they hit very well and do not make errors. PG is not flashy but very effective.....when the game is over and you got run ruled you never saw it coming.

I am the lone vote for the little ole Farmers! lol Good luck to both teams and travel safe to and from the games. The Farmers definately have their work cut out for em! Gonna be tough to beat PG, but I think they have as good a chance as anyone of taking them down. I won't be making the trip to PG, but I will be there Friday night in Farmersville. Maybe I will see some of you there.

I wouldn't say PG has an ace pitcher like last year, but they've got 3-4 pitchers who will probably be pitching college ball some day. Jon Phillips is an excellent pitcher and so is Gilley. PG is the most fundamentally sound team I've seen this year, so I'll go with the Hawks.

Wacha was an outstanding pitcher, but he was better the year before, when he was 100%. Phillips has been there for every year, and looking for his fourth trip to Austin. Gilley is outstanding on both sides of the plate, and they still have 3-4 other pitchers that would be welcome on anyone's rotation. Lot of experience and depth on the mound.

Hitting the ball very well, much smarter at the plate as they progress.

The Farmers have no doubt earned themselves the playoffs, and, for example, Mr Brooks is an outstanding athlete for them, but do they have the depth of quality that PG will have, that will allow them to hang in the game?

Pleasant Grove is ready for the playoffs.

Guess I'll be rootin' for the HAWKS! :homer:

I think the Farmers have some depth as well. The only question is whether their "depth" is as talented as PG's. They have a core group of kids that have been playing on the varisty for four years now. Everything is culminating for them at this point. They lost both district games to Lovejoy, but Lovejoy is without a doubt a top ten team in the state and both games were close and could have went either way. I simply think the Farmers are coming together at the right time and with a little luck, I think they can make a 3 game series out of it and possibly pull off the upset. This would definately be an upset as PG is heavily favored. Congrats to both teams for making it this far and travel safe to and from the games. By the way.....on another note, did your quarterback get an offer to play college ball? If so, where? He was definately a stud!

Wacha was an outstanding pitcher, but he was better the year before, when he was 100%. Phillips has been there for every year, and looking for his fourth trip to Austin. Gilley is outstanding on both sides of the plate, and they still have 3-4 other pitchers that would be welcome on anyone's rotation. Lot of experience and depth on the mound.

Hitting the ball very well, much smarter at the plate as they progress.

The Farmers have no doubt earned themselves the playoffs, and, for example, Mr Brooks is an outstanding athlete for them, but do they have the depth of quality that PG will have, that will allow them to hang in the game?

Pleasant Grove is ready for the playoffs.

Guess I'll be rootin' for the HAWKS! :homer:

I think the Farmers have some depth as well. The only question is whether their "depth" is as talented as PG's. They have a core group of kids that have been playing on the varisty for four years now. Everything is culminating for them at this point. They lost both district games to Lovejoy, but Lovejoy is without a doubt a top ten team in the state and both games were close and could have went either way. I simply think the Farmers are coming together at the right time and with a little luck, I think they can make a 3 game series out of it and possibly pull off the upset. This would definately be an upset as PG is heavily favored. Congrats to both teams for making it this far and travel safe to and from the games. By the way.....on another note, did your quarterback get an offer to play college ball? If so, where? He was definately a stud!

He is going to TCU

That is great to hear! I guess our big center (Michael Thompson) may be blocking for him in the near future as he went to TCU as well. I wish him luck at the next level. He was a phenomenal athlete!

He is going to TCU

NLamar beat Lovejoy, PG run ruled NLamar 10-0. 3 of NL loses this year were to PG.

Well....some would venture to say that the future looks pretty dim for the Farmers based on the head to head matchup between North Lamar and Lovejoy, however that is why they play the games....On paper PG may run rule us but I think we stand a chance and I will be rootin for em tomorrow and Friday to include Saturday if necessary. That is impressive though as I know Lovejoy has a pretty darn good baseball team!

NLamar beat Lovejoy, PG run ruled NLamar 10-0. 3 of NL loses this year were to PG.

Coming in from Farmersville? Construction warning! I-30 is being worked on from Exit 218 all the way to Arkansas line (Ex 223). Traffic on I-30 Eastbound is usually VERY slow right around exit 218, as there are lane closures just past it.

Here's how I would come in.

Go just past exit 218, and get off on the Service road. Get in the right lane, and merge off for the University bridge, turn left, pass Gander Mountain and the 4-way stop to the Traffic signal on McKnight, and go right to Richmond Road.

Left on Richmond, Right at the next light on Moore's Lane, then 8/10 mile to the middle school. Left on Cooks Lane, and turn between the school gym and the old stadium. Parking is right up around the field if you get there early, and spiils over back into the entry lot.

*** Warning*** Foul ball alert! Look at where you park, and use common sense. Fouls fare requently hit into the lot nearest the field.

BEFORE OR AFTER...

If you want to eat, there are restaurants anywhere near the interstate around or on Richmond Road and Summerhill Road. Getting onto I-30 West from Richmond Road is slow, you have to follow the service road all the way to Hwy 989 to get on.

If you leave the field, turn left toward Richmond, but take the first right at the light before Summerhill, there is a McAllisters, Red Lobster, Johnny Carino's, Ta'Mollys and Cracker Barrel, and an on ramp right there to I-30.

Summerhill has Applebees, Amigo Juan, McDonalds, Old Tyme Burger Shop, Waffle House, Shogun. Across I-30 on the south Svc Road is Bryce's (If you know it, you'll want to know it's a detour to get there.

Richmond Road has (North Side) Wing Stop, Burger King, Chick Filet, Little Ceasars, Randy's Smoakhouse, Dairy Queen, StarBucks, CiCi's Pizza,Taco Bell , and that's just by the interstate.

Further North, towards McKnight, there's Pizza Hut, Wendy's, Sonic, Donut Cafe, Ironwood Grill, Ivan's Bistro.

South of I-30 on Richmond, McDonalds, Chili's Outback, Taco Bueno, Subway/KaliedeScoops.

Safe journey to the Farmer faithful.

Well....some would venture to say that the future looks pretty dim for the Farmers based on the head to head matchup between North Lamar and Lovejoy, however that is why they play the games....On paper PG may run rule us but I think we stand a chance and I will be rootin for em tomorrow and Friday to include Saturday if necessary. That is impressive though as I know Lovejoy has a pretty darn good baseball team!

Just trying to help with your warm and fuzzy feelings about the match-up...lol.