QC BASEBALL COACH

ball4

Thats good to hear coop.... So whats the scoop then. You dont make the playoffs with a team that was not very good the year before and then get canned. I know there has to be more to it but when 5 different people say the same thing you kinda start thinking it could be true. I thought the QC boys played hard for him and liked the guy.

Thats good to hear coop.... So whats the scoop then. You dont make the playoffs with a team that was not very good the year before and then get canned. I know there has to be more to it but when 5 different people say the same thing you kinda start thinking it could be true. I thought the QC boys played hard for him and liked the guy.

puppet on a string... he probably didn't meet the criteria. I am guessing he controlled his own strings and wouldn't let anyone else have a turn.

From what the boys were told he has been at 10 schools in the last 12 years. I did not hear him say this, but that is what he told the boys. Wow, that speaks volumes to me. Sometimes we as humans have a hard time taking responsibility for our own actions and like to blame others when we really need to look in the mirror and reexamine ourselves.

I have no idea why he was fired. I don't know the guy. But I watched 4 games that he coached this year. He sure don't leave you wondering what he's thinking. What I mean to say is that he is VERY vocal. Very intense. Seemed to demand alot from his players. Also seemed to give compliments when deserved. He gets very excited when things go right. In a good way. Very excited when they go wrong. In a bad way. He seems like a real spark plug to me. Not standing up for the guy because I don't even know him. But I do think he got his players to over achieve and give 100%. And when they didn't, he yelled a little. Now if you ask me, this sorta sounds like any GOOD coach. Better in my opinion than those that set in the dugout keeping quiet and yawning while his team is getting hammered. In my opinion, he turned this team around. Anyway, good luck to the guy and to QC.

So what does the last two post have to do with the original thread. I thought it was talking about him getting canned this year, not what happened the last 20 years.

I believe those last 2 post had alot to do with the original thread.....if he has coached at 10 different schools in the last 12 yrs....did he not play the supt. kid at all those schools? as you have mentioned was the rumor you heard...or could it have possibly been him?

Coach Warren (AD) had a tough decision to make, and I believe he made the right decision for QC. Granted some are not happy with the decision that was made, thats understandable but they are looking to blame the supt and his son, instead of believing that there might be more reasons that is not made public, and it might be best for the coach if they are not made public. Now I didnt go to every game but I did go to alot of them and every game I was at, the supt son played.

Supts son did play unless he was hurt. The son needs to be left out of this. Both AD and Supt are stand up guys that will do whatever is right for kids. If a guy has been lots of places in not that many years, there is a red flag for sure. Wish all involved the best.

Supts son did play unless he was hurt. The son needs to be left out of this. Both AD and Supt are stand up guys that will do whatever is right for kids. If a guy has been lots of places in not that many years, there is a red flag for sure. Wish all involved the best.

I agree.....leave the kids out!!!!! And i agree with the above post about him being a "live wire." Sometimes, that's a good thing but only in specific doses. Too much of anything is a sin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Don't know whether he got it or not but in my opinion 17AA Coach of the Year!

To take a program like that and turn it around in 1 season is phenominal!

I watched him coach 1 game when Daingerfield got 10 runned in Queen City and most of their batters 1 - 9 were hitting the ball in the gap in the outfield. The Sups son was playing 3rd base and he was getting yelled out just like anybody elses son. After he made his 2nd or 3rd error (one of which was just a mental mistake) he pulled the Sups son from the game and sat him on the bench. Just what any Good Coach should do, but often times does not do for fear of repercussions. All I know is something is not right here! I believe in the seasons ahead Q.C. will figure it out after it is already to late that they lost a Great Coach!

I know nothing about the man personally, so what if he has been to 10 schools in 12 seasons. Who is to say he would not have settled down there in Q.C. for the next 10 years WE WILL NEVER NO! I beleive this is one Great Baseball Coach that you will regret letting off the hook!

It is Queen City's Loss and some other schools gain!

I don't know about the situation...But I do know the two men in charge. The main man in charge is an ex baseball coach who has moved up to be the superintendent. And I know for a fact that the supt likes to keep his hand in the pot and not allow his coaches or his AD to do their jobs. Coach Warren is a great guy and loves QC but I know he was told to let the coach go not asked nor given the option to keep him. Coach Warren is going to make the decesions that are right but the poor guy has his hands tied in QC. Queen City has always been a place that can't quite seem to get things right when it comes to coaches. And trust me from my personal expirence the Supt is not that great of a guy. Sorry

On the matter that the coach has had so many jobs before hand and is a live wire or too hard core, didn't QC interview this guy before they hired him? Did they not do their part on finding out who he was and were he had been? What is funny to me is now they want to blame the coach and act like they had NO IDEA that this would happen? QC admin dropped the ball in the beginning this is on the sup and the AD!

If the coach did something wrong like hurt a child, or have improper relations with a child, or something crazy like that I can understand get rid of his rear! But from what I can tell when I watched them play Jefferson is he coaches his tale off and holds everyone accountable. QC has a hard enough time keeping coaches and trying to come up with a winning season in any sport, than to be worried about wheter or not the guy has coached at too many schools or if he yells a little too much. AGAIN THIS IS ON THE ADMIN

Sometimes a guy does things that cannot be discussed on an open forum like this and loses his job . From what I have heard from trusted sources is that he was very insubordinate to the AD and actually was trying to get his job. He would not follow direction from the AD and was a loaded gun waiting to go off. As for the Supt. He does know the game of baseball better than most since he played it professionally for several years and then coached it also. I have seen him coach his son for several years and its a shame he is the Supt. because he would make a great HS coach. The team was better this year because of a great freshman class and will be even better next year because there are several 8th graders that will start on varsity next year. QC baseball will only get better in the future.

As we are all aware when the powers that be want you gone you better get your bags packed. Especially when the super's wife is overheard saying "I will have his job!" after the a coach has hollered at her son after making an error on the baseball field. From what I understand if she wants you gone you are OUTTA THERE! QC's AD is in a situation where he needs his job as he needs his health insurance. In a situation like that if the super/super's wife tells you to jump you ask "How high?" and if it means getting rid of a coach that the players and most parents loved, well that's what you do. If the coach was such a bad guy then why hire him in the first place? Also if he is such a bad guy why did all the players work hard for him and some are talking about leaving QC after hearing of his firing? QC will never have a stable, successful athletic program until they get a decent AD who will stand up for his coaches. And what GOOD SUCCESSFUL coaches will want to come to QC when they know they will not have the backing of their AD if the super's wife decides she wants them gone? Let this be a warning to coaches out there who have a notion to come to QC - be sure you make the super's wife happy so she doesn't say at your athletic event and also the school district where she rules that she will "have your job".

QC as a rule has not had a disciplined athletic program in many years. Without discipline, you are not successful therefore you do not win. QC's baseball coach brought discipline, hard work and respect to the baseball program and took the team to the playoffs for the first time in over 5 years. Some say that with the talent that was there that any coach could have done that. QC has had talented players in the past who were never successful as a team with the coaching they had. The head baseball coach until 2 years ago was QC's current AD.

QC baseball and all other sports will never get better until someone has the guts to instill discipline, stand up for the coaches and not let the super's wife run the show.

You QC folks never cease to amaze me. I have seen first hand what the new AD has done for your school and if you think this is his fault or the wife of the Supt. you are as nutty as the rest of them. You couldn't pay me to work there, not because of the Admin, but because of the people. Did you know that Charles Manson, Jim Jones and Tony Alamo all had a large number of folks backing him, but look at what kind of folks they were. This baseball coach got what he deserved. It was HIS actions and ONLY his actions that got him fired. Give credit where credit is due. A guy that has had 10 jobs in 12 years says it all. Connect the dots you people!!! AS for as the AD's insurance, that is none of your business. The mans firing is his fault but the specific issues can't be discussed on a public forum. If you are believing the baseball coaches tale you have been played by a first class minipulater. Maybe, the coach should not have been hired in the first place, hindsite is 20/20 you know. The administration didn't take long to figure it all out. Way to go QC. Hang tough, this too shall pass.

You QC folks never cease to amaze me. I have seen first hand what the new AD has done for your school and if you think this is his fault or the wife of the Supt. you are as nutty as the rest of them. You couldn't pay me to work there, not because of the Admin, but because of the people. Did you know that Charles Manson, Jim Jones and Tony Alamo all had a large number of folks backing him, but look at what kind of folks they were. This baseball coach got what he deserved. It was HIS actions and ONLY his actions that got him fired. Give credit where credit is due. A guy that has had 10 jobs in 12 years says it all. Connect the dots you people!!! AS for as the AD's insurance, that is none of your business. The mans firing is his fault but the specific issues can't be discussed on a public forum. If you are believing the baseball coaches tale you have been played by a first class minipulater. Maybe, the coach should not have been hired in the first place, hindsite is 20/20 you know. The administration didn't take long to figure it all out. Way to go QC. Hang tough, this too shall pass.

I would like to add that there are some wonderfully supportive great people in QC, along with some great kids. It is the small few that stir up trouble and don't know what they are talking about most of the time that run their mouth not caring who is in the way especially when they have their own adgendas. I am sorry if i offended any of you sensible folks, it was not my intent.

So what does the last two post have to do with the original thread. I thought it was talking about him getting canned this year, not what happened the last 20 years.

Think you might possibly notice a pattern there which might tie the posts together???

As we are all aware when the powers that be want you gone you better get your bags packed. Especially when the super's wife is overheard saying "I will have his job!" after the a coach has hollered at her son after making an error on the baseball field. From what I understand if she wants you gone you are OUTTA THERE! QC's AD is in a situation where he needs his job as he needs his health insurance. In a situation like that if the super/super's wife tells you to jump you ask "How high?" and if it means getting rid of a coach that the players and most parents loved, well that's what you do. If the coach was such a bad guy then why hire him in the first place? Also if he is such a bad guy why did all the players work hard for him and some are talking about leaving QC after hearing of his firing? QC will never have a stable, successful athletic program until they get a decent AD who will stand up for his coaches. And what GOOD SUCCESSFUL coaches will want to come to QC when they know they will not have the backing of their AD if the super's wife decides she wants them gone? Let this be a warning to coaches out there who have a notion to come to QC - be sure you make the super's wife happy so she doesn't say at your athletic event and also the school district where she rules that she will "have your job".

QC as a rule has not had a disciplined athletic program in many years. Without discipline, you are not successful therefore you do not win. QC's baseball coach brought discipline, hard work and respect to the baseball program and took the team to the playoffs for the first time in over 5 years. Some say that with the talent that was there that any coach could have done that. QC has had talented players in the past who were never successful as a team with the coaching they had. The head baseball coach until 2 years ago was QC's current AD.

QC baseball and all other sports will never get better until someone has the guts to instill discipline, stand up for the coaches and not let the super's wife run the show.

Can you really be naive enough to believe what you have written? QC's AD has brought discipline and some rare stability to the program.

"Better to be silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"