all district honors/awards for 18-2a

CARDshark

Jones is the best first baseman hands down... Think he got honerable mention all-state last yr...

Yah, I know, I'm his dad.. Not bragging, but it was 2nd Team All-State.. There are alot of quality first baseman in this district...

And as for pitchers, there are 5 top notch pitchers that can win on any given day..

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW, nevr saw that coming... Tanner is just as good as anyone in the district when he is on and his emotions are in check, I dont think we had an ace...

like you said, when emotions are in check...beattie lets his emotions control him, not the game...beattie is a great pitcher but what jones brings to the table is raw talent, when emotion are running high he stays composed and lets his arm do the talking

the way evans & king have ben hitting in the last few weeks & the playoffs, some mvp votes need to shift there way some . berry & juice should both get mvp honors with jones in my opinion. theyve both ben lights out!!

[/quo

Voting was supposed to be done when district ended, I do believe that it has already been decided... I am not sure of this, but I dont think preseason or the playoffs have anything to do with district awards, only all east Texas and State awards are done for the whole year if my memory serves correct.

Did I miss something but have read over two to three times and no where is Wesley Schoon"s name listed in honors, I felt watching the two games we played against them he should be on the list somewhere and I don't even see his name on Honorable Mentions.

Did I miss something but have read over two to three times and no where is Wesley Schoon"s name listed in honors, I felt watching the two games we played against them he should be on the list somewhere and I don't even see his name on Honorable Mentions.

I didn't see it either, it may have been accidently left off the list, surely he would have garnered some kind of recognition.... The LNJ left Chase off Harletons players to watch for at the beginning of the yr.lol

***selections are in***

McCurdy and Jones split MVP award

Evans and Seahorn split offensive MVP

Lloyd defensive MVP

Berry and Fielden split pitcher of the yr

congrats to Chase and Jackson, good players , great young men..

Nico Borrego of Sabine- Newcomer of the year. Congrats Nico!

Did anyone find it interesting that New Diana had three first team pics and 3 second team pics?

HA HA HA.. I just read the Marshall News Messenger, what a joke...... They dont pick the best players anymore, it is all politics and trying to make sure that each team has an equal number of pick/superlatives...

I am not knocking anyone selected, but come on give me a freakin break.. How is Beattie, Gawrieth, or Jones not in the pitcher of the yr category, and , how do 'certain' players garner an award based on who they are? The barber kid had arguably the best numbers, but wasn't in the superlatives.. And how does the third place team get superlative awards with not nearly as good stats.. And how do you have a split MVP, when the numbers are nowhere near close.. It all comes down to politics and a popularity contest IMO... We will see when the All-State awards come out, I would be willing to bet Gawrieth will be up there, he pitched EVERY deciding game in district for WO, while their #2 racked up big numbers against the lower end teams, I don't understand it, well I do, but it's not right..

HA HA HA.. I just read the Marshall News Messenger, what a joke...... They dont pick the best players anymore, it is all politics and trying to make sure that each team has an equal number of pick/superlatives...

I am not knocking anyone selected, but come on give me a freakin break.. How is Beattie, Gawrieth, or Jones not in the pitcher of the yr category, and , how do 'certain' players garner an award based on who they are? The barber kid had arguably the best numbers, but wasn't in the superlatives.. And how does the third place team get superlative awards with not nearly as good stats.. And how do you have a split MVP, when the numbers are nowhere near close.. It all comes down to politics and a popularity contest IMO... We will see when the All-State awards come out, I would be willing to bet Gawrieth will be up there, he pitched EVERY deciding game in district for WO, while their #2 racked up big numbers against the lower end teams, I don't understand it, well I do, but it's not right..

I'm not knocking anyone selected. Really? Looks like to me you are knocking the pitcher from WO for having an outstanding season. What an insult. Everybody racked up big numbers against what you are calling the lower end teams. You said the Barber kid had the best numbers but did not get superlatives, but then you want to put down the pitcher from WO for having the best numbers. Huh? Everybody played the same teams unless I missed something. Beattie and Gawerieh were first team, Jones was MVP very good awards I think. You also stated that there must have been a coach's kid that needed an award, the only coach's kid that I can think of is Connor Lloyd, and he sure did not need help from his dad to get an award that kid is legit. Sounds like a little jealousy to me stop whining. Congratulations to all the 18AA award winners.

the selections looked good , as far as the kids that got selected. im very happy that fieldan got co-pitcher of the year but i was suprised. i figured berry would get it along with beattie from harleton and fieldan would get 1st team. cant knock berry from w.o.. his coach did a great job putting his team in a position to win-whoever was pitching. a win is a win anywhere-no matter who you played or how you got there. great players make a coach look good. i was suprised that mcgurdy got mvp with jones and not the evans kid from w.o. or seahorn from harmony. i thought they both were better this year but mcgurdy is a house hold name thats been around for a while so you knew he was gona get something big but i wiil say well deserved also tho. any body would like to have him on thier team.i wouldve liked to see schoon get something. i know he wasnt the best at shortstop in our district but he was a big part of our playoff run this year and felt he was left out. all in all all deserving kids and cant really take any names off the list but good players are left off every year. will be interesting to see what all-east texas selections are and all-state selections are..whenever they come out???