all district honors/awards for 18-2a

CARDshark

I'm not knocking anyone selected. Really? Looks like to me you are knocking the pitcher from WO for having an outstanding season. What an insult. Everybody racked up big numbers against what you are calling the lower end teams. You said the Barber kid had the best numbers but did not get superlatives, but then you want to put down the pitcher from WO for having the best numbers. Huh? Everybody played the same teams unless I missed something. Beattie and Gawerieh were first team, Jones was MVP very good awards I think. You also stated that there must have been a coach's kid that needed an award, the only coach's kid that I can think of is Connor Lloyd, and he sure did not need help from his dad to get an award that kid is legit. Sounds like a little jealousy to me stop whining. Congratulations to all the 18AA award winners.

Not the way it was meant at all.. I just believe Gawrieth deserved part of that award, imo he was one of the best, if not the best, his numbers were better than Fieldens... Also believe certain awards were given just to make it an equal number of players from each team, that is all I was saying.. I also thought Jones was the MVP, but his team did not win district.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not knocking anyone selected. Really? Looks like to me you are knocking the pitcher from WO for having an outstanding season. What an insult. Everybody racked up big numbers against what you are calling the lower end teams. You said the Barber kid had the best numbers but did not get superlatives, but then you want to put down the pitcher from WO for having the best numbers. Huh? Everybody played the same teams unless I missed something. Beattie and Gawerieh were first team, Jones was MVP very good awards I think. You also stated that there must have been a coach's kid that needed an award, the only coach's kid that I can think of is Connor Lloyd, and he sure did not need help from his dad to get an award that kid is legit. Sounds like a little jealousy to me stop whining. Congratulations to all the 18AA award winners.

Sounds like jealousy? How moronic... Not at all, I believe that the best ballplayers deserve the awards based on their personal performance, that's all.. If it was jealousy, would I say that a kid from another team should be given an award? I am a baseball fan, and it is just my opinion, that's all.. Berry deserves whatever he gets, I just thought Beattie and Gawrieth were just as deserving.. I didn't understand how the third place team garnered the same amount of awards as the second place team. No jealousy..

Would have to go with McCurdy on that one as well Card...

Congrats to

Jackson McCurdy and Chase Jones on making First team All State

Wesley Berry and Connor Lloyd for making second team

Colton Bunn third team

All this talk of who made what in the all-district selections, I will not get into it, it was voted on, so let's just accept it... I am pretty sure there is some sort of method to the madness

Would have to go with McCurdy on that one as well Card...

Congrats to

Jackson McCurdy and Chase Jones on making First team All State

Wesley Berry and Connor Lloyd for making second team

Colton Bunn third team

All this talk of who made what in the all-district selections, I will not get into it, it was voted on, so let's just accept it... I am pretty sure there is some sort of method to the madness

CORRECTION, McCurdy was 2nd team, and I overlooked Derrick Smith 3rd team...

This all state list is voted on by coaches, there is a media one as well

dont see how juice , evans, & king were left off if was playoff contribution. juice was practically unhittable when he pitched and evans was on-fire during the playoffs & king as well. i know im being byass but those kids stats & play were better than those chosen ahead of them..jmo

Miss a week and I miss a ton! Congrats to everyone from Harmony that won the awards! I'm pretty excited that I called 2 out of the 3 awards. I do believe all of the awards are well deserved. Good to see everyone from 18-aa on the all-state team as well. Glad someone from Harmony made it!

White Oak senior catcher Jackson McCurdy and Harleton senior pitcher Chase Jones shared overall Most Valuable Player honors in voting for the District 18-2A All-District Baseball Team for 2010.

White Oak's Chace Evans and Harmony's Colby Seahorn shared offensive MVP honors, while Harleton's Connor Lloyd earned top defensive accolades. White Oak's Wesley Berry and Harmony's Jared Fielden shared pitcher of the year honors, and Nico Borrego of Sabine was named the league's top newcomer.

Derrick Jenkins, who led White Oak to the UIL State Baseball Tournament for the second year in a row, was named coach of the year.

McCurdy, a catcher, hit .417 for the Roughnecks with five home runs, eight doubles, six triples, 41 RBI, 51 runs scored, 32 stolen bases and 28 walks. He had a .989 fielding percentage, making just three errors.

Jones was a .464 hitter with 13 home runs, 60 RBI, 10 doubles and 38 runs scored. On the mound he was 11-1 with a 1.16 earned run average, 91 strikeouts and 30 walks in 84 2/3 innings pitched.

FIRST TEAM

Pitcher: Tanner Beattie, Harleton, Tyler Higgins, Elysian Fields, Ryne Powell, New Diana, Joseph Gawrieh, White Oak; First base: Colton Bunn, Harmony; Second base: Derick Smith, White Oak; Third base: Kyle Hendricks, New Diana; Shortstop: Brandon Goyne, Elysian Fields; Catcher: Andrew Ott, New Diana; Outfield: Laramy Barber, Sabine, Billy King, Harleton, Luke Laminack, Harmony, Justin Hampton, New Diana; Utility: Taylor Goll, White Oak, Austin Delk, Elysian Fields; Designated hitter: Mark Owens, Union Grove.

SECOND TEAM

Pitcher: Jordan Price, New Diana, Joe Hart, Union Grove, Clay Walker, Winona, Chase Hatton, Elysian Fields; First base: Logan King, White Oak; Second base: Logan Jones, Harleton, Brandon Smith, Elysian Fields; Third base: Tyler Lyons, Harleton; Shortstop: Austin Roark, New Diana; Joey Dykes, Winona; Catcher: Preston Garcia, Harleton; Outfield: Billy Smith, Harleton, Andy Hounsel, New Diana; Lancon Pecot, White Oak; Dave Carroll, Elysian Fields; Designated hitter: Cody McCormack, Union Grove; Austin Ferguson, White Oak.

HONORABLE MENTION

White Oak: Hunter Owens, Connor Sharp; Winona: Jacob Mosley; Sabine: Dylan Howell; Elysian Fields: Skylar Mathis, Ty Haynes; Union Grove: Caylor Haggard, Coco Woodfin, Richard Pittman, Dalton Melton; Harmony: Erik Hebert, Hunter King; New Diana: Tanner Manteufel, Leighton Jahn, Travis Barton, Jordan Brightwell; Harleton: Eric McMillan, Grant Eberhart.

I do believe Wesley Schoon at SS and Jordan Argabright at 2nd base were also first team from Harmony. They were left off the list I think.

• 2 weeks later...

FIRST TEAM SHORTSTOP

Name: Connor Lloyd

School: Harleton

Class: Senior

By the numbers: .500, 32 RBIs, 10 doubles, six triples, .683 on-base percentage, 50 runs, 16 steals, 24 walks no homeruns

SECOND TEAM SHORTSTOP

Name: Chace Evans

School: White Oak

By the numbers: .508 with four home runs, 19 doubles, two triples, 32 RBIs, 22 stolen bases and 17 walks.....

....im still trying to figure out how the 2nd team short stop has better stats than the 1st team selection? his team went 2 rounds deeper in the playoffs and to went to state. interesting?

FIRST TEAM SHORTSTOP

Name: Connor Lloyd

School: Harleton

By the numbers: .500, 32 RBIs, 10 doubles, six triples, .683 on-base percentage, 50 runs, 16 steals, 24 walks no homeruns

SECOND TEAM SHORTSTOP

Name: Chace Evans

School: White Oak

By the numbers: .508 with four home runs, 19 doubles, two triples, 32 RBIs, 22 stolen bases and 17 walks.....

....im still trying to figure out how the 2nd team short stop has better stats than the 1st team selection?

i dont care what anyone says , its because of his dad and who he is....barnone!. it was that way when we use to play them when the kids were younger. the name "lloyd" goes along way in the world of east texas baseball my friend..

i dont care what anyone says , its because of his dad and who he is....barnone!. it was that way when we use to play them when the kids were younger. the name "lloyd" goes along way in the world of east texas baseball my friend..

dont get me wrong here, he's an excellent players and well deserving of his honors . just didnt look right

he probably couldve got better help from his coach. one way or another . thought some good harmony players were left off or shouldve got better recognition

he definetly didnt get any help as far as making the all state team. the stats posted are better than those that made the state team . but theres alot of those kinda kids that shouldve been on there and didnt. just interesting to see

Connor Lloyd deserves anything that he receives!! That kid in 2a baseball is as good at shortstop as you will find!!!!!!!! To get on here and question whether he is better or not is crazy!! The kid has been playing shortstop since he was a freshman and has been consistent each year. I think those things should be looked at.

Next thing is this you guys keep talking about the coaches not getting kids allstate and alleast texas. Why dont you go and call the texas high school coaches association and then call the Longview News Journal and ask them how they decide on those things. Maybe you need to just look at things and go somebody didnt think my kid was the one who should get the award!!

Connor Lloyd deserves anything that he receives!! That kid in 2a baseball is as good at shortstop as you will find!!!!!!!! To get on here and question whether he is better or not is crazy!! The kid has been playing shortstop since he was a freshman and has been consistent each year. I think those things should be looked at.

Next thing is this you guys keep talking about the coaches not getting kids allstate and alleast texas. Why dont you go and call the texas high school coaches association and then call the Longview News Journal and ask them how they decide on those things. Maybe you need to just look at things and go somebody didnt think my kid was the one who should get the award!!

i agree with you coach jenkins. but he did state that connor was well deserving. so we'll let him off the hook. we all know, especially me, that you did everything you could to help those kids. not just your favorites but all of them. most of those kids couldnt even make it on a 1a team if it wasnt for you, or even the jv team for that. man are they gona miss you when your gone.