Kennedale vs Pleasant Grove

futfan

Kennedale gets a run on one hit and PG made 2 uncharacteristic errors, the sun is low in the fielders eyes.

1-0 Kennedal after the top half of the first.

PG leads off with a HBP.

Kennedale F-3 1 out.

Infield single, FC moves runner to second, 2 out

Hit to left, throws to catcher, who gets the runner out at home.

1-0 going into the bottom of the second.

PG leads of with a single to center.

RBI for Hawks. 1 out

base hit, BH to right, runners on the corners.

hit through short , scores runner, runners on the corners.

PG loads the bases HBP.

HBP, runner comes in for 3-1 lead.

base hit to right. run scores 4-1 Hawks.

Pitching change, Kennedale bringing in the right fielder, Marshall(?).

Who started the game on the bump for Kennedale? Elrod? Taylor? Chegwidden?

Elrod started, moved to short, SS went to right as per radio.

2 1/3 6 hits, 7 runs, 3 hit batters, 1 K 1 BB for Elrod.

3-1 grounder.

Fly out to center . 2 outs.

Hayden Elrod BH on 0-2 count up the middle.

Chegwidden pops up to second, records out 3.

Going into the bottom of the fourth, PG 7-1

Batter faces Kevin Marshall, full count, Fly out to Elrod in right. 1 away.

Triple to right.

PG walks on four straight.

Stolen base on delayed swing. Runners on 2 and 3.

Batter hits to right. 8-1 Hawks runners on the corners.

Double to right, 9-1 PG.

zPG grounds to second, but runner beats the tag at home. 10-1 Hawks.

Base hit to right. scores, but runner thrown out at third. 2 outs.

PG 11-1

2 outs.

Great info futfan !!! Where are you getting your stats?

I was listening to the local radio feed in Texarkana. 95.5 FM or 940 AM. You can't really get them out of town well, especially after dark.

Chuck Zach and Tony Kirk are two local teachers who do the broadcast, and I was quoting their stats.

I know it's nit-pickin, and Hawks really are playing great, but they have a few things they can tidy Up to get ready for the level of play they will face. I would hate to see them have a game with the type of errors they had when the other team is playing error free, and on their "A" game.

PG had a couple of errors that they can clean up with stick-um in the gloves, and not perfect baserunning.

Still, a dominating effort once they found the clutch and the right gears.

Good luck to the players tonight, and be safe.

Agreed. They have very few weaknesses.

We drove over last night to watch the PG/Kennedale ballgame; the 1st thing we noticed was how PG runs on and off the field. After their at-bat the PG players RAN onto the field and were in position before Kennedale got to the dugout-this happened every inning! No wasted time waiting for cather to get gear on, (they had an extra kid in gear in dugout entire game)so in every inning the pitcher started throwing as soon as he ran to the mound. Same kid every inning RAN out with team and warmed up outfields, brought in the outfield ball, and recieved the infield ball as he ran to the dugout...EVERYTIME. Same thing coming off the field the team ran to the dugout..........

I can't say PG is the best 3A team in Texas...Bridge City, Orangfield, Robinson,Etc will have a say, but Pleasant Grove is very well coached, very well disciplined team, and very stringent in what they do on the field and that starts in practice-and starts with the coach. impressive PG-I know your fans are proud.

Agreed. They have very few weaknesses.

We drove over last night to watch the PG/Kennedale ballgame; the 1st thing we noticed was how PG runs on and off the field. After their at-bat the PG players RAN onto the field and were in position before Kennedale got to the dugout-this happened every inning! No wasted time waiting for cather to get gear on, (they had an extra kid in gear in dugout entire game)so in every inning the pitcher started throwing as soon as he ran to the mound. Same kid every inning RAN out with team and warmed up outfields, brought in the outfield ball, and recieved the infield ball as he ran to the dugout...EVERYTIME. Same thing coming off the field the team ran to the dugout..........

I can't say PG is the best 3A team in Texas...Bridge City, Orangfield, Robinson,Etc will have a say, but Pleasant Grove is very well coached, very well disciplined team, and very stringent in what they do on the field and that starts in practice-and starts with the coach. impressive PG-I know your fans are proud.

Thanks SpringhillDad. These boys work hard all season, everyday and every game. No slacking around. Good job Coach Jones, Coach Phillips and Coach Deal. OH, and GO HAWKS!!!!

I got the game time messed up in my head so I missed the first inning, but PG has always impressed me with their on field, pre-game, between innings discipline. It's fun to watch. Most teams have a few kids who will do it, it's just more impressive when they all do it. The only team I saw even come close this year, was Crockett, yes Crockett.

The A&M schedule and PG schedule is working out nicely for the Wacha family. A win today would top it off.