Aggies 9 Horns 3

A&M handed Cole Green his first defeat this afternoon 9-3. The Greene kid went 4 for 5 with another stolen base.

Brodie called and said he would have been 5 for 5, but he was only going 80%. He wanted to save some for tomorrow and for the regional.

I was there and it was obvious Green was resting and throwing only 3/4 speed.

:nowhearthis: A baseball player should step on the field everytime with the sole intent of giving it his all and striving for the win. He had an off day, it happens to players/teams all time. Still an incredible pitcher!

but..but..but... they were just restin' up. This one didn't really matter either. Or maybe they beat themselves. ya ya.... thats it. They weren't beaten by anyone, they just beat thereselves.... That MackBrown syndrome must be spreading to UT baseball fans.

2cymazr.gif DOH !

but..but..but... they were just restin' up. This one didn't really matter either. Or maybe they beat themselves. ya ya.... thats it. They weren't beaten by anyone, they just beat thereselves.... That MackBrown syndrome must be spreading to UT baseball fans.

2cymazr.gif DOH !

I'll take the 24 regular season conference wins over a tournament any day. Forgive this UT fan for not stepping off the ledge just yet. UT still put together the best season in the nation and the best season in Big 12 history. Not too shabby

When a team is ranked as TU is/has been it is a total shame to go to the Big 12 Tournament and wind up 0 for 3. Aggies played great ball and just outplayed the others. It may be just a Big 12 Tournament ring and MVP of said tournament, but it's Brodie's third ring in four years and he has made an everlasting mark in A&M Baseball!! Not bad for a kid from Bullard!! And we aren't done yet!

Brodie called and said he would have been 5 for 5, but he was only going 80%. He wanted to save some for tomorrow and for the regional.

I was there yesterday and it was obvious he was only going 3/4 speed. After a 414 ft. missile that was caught in the first inning, he decided to step it up a bit and ended up with another 4 for 5 day. After the top of the 10th, I text'd my son back in Bullard : " if Brodie bats this inning, it's over". Good to see a ballplayer who goes 100% ALL of the time. There is no other way.

I'll take the 24 regular season conference wins over a tournament any day. Forgive this UT fan for not stepping off the ledge just yet. UT still put together the best season in the nation and the best season in Big 12 history. Not too shabby

I'm just kiddin'. I don't follow baseball. Can't resist jackin' with the UT folks. Football deadzone boredom I guess. :smirk:

Texas was named to host one of the 16 Regional sites and thus earned an automatic bid into the tourney. I am sure Augie didn't play not to win in the Big 12 tourney. Wins would have been preferred. Everyone was playing for a NCAA tourney spot except Texas and OU. Would I have liked to see Texas win the post season tourney? Yes. Am I uspset they did not win a game? No.

Now if Texas loses in the regional or super regional round I will be bummed.

Congrats to the Aggies on earning a spot in the tourney.

I love reading all of the schools' message boards. Texags meltdowns are legendary as they are just now recovering from jumping off the ship in April. From what I could tell on Baylorfans, Baylor lost because a.) Some doofus predicted a Baylor win, this cursing the Bears or b.) their relief pitcher hit a triple in the top of the 10th, thus rendering him out of gas and ineffective. (note: his first pitch to Greene was a 95 mph fastball as shown on the board at BrickTown.)

Sometimes the game is decided on the field by 18 players each trying to win, without any "buts" or "excepts". Seems to be a unique concept.

The Aggies were a lock for the regionals. The only question going in was what seed and where. The automatic bid was nice, but not required.

I love reading all of the schools' message boards. Texags meltdowns are legendary as they are just now recovering from jumping off the ship in April. From what I could tell on Baylorfans, Baylor lost because a.) Some doofus predicted a Baylor win, this cursing the Bears or b.) their relief pitcher hit a triple in the top of the 10th, thus rendering him out of gas and ineffective. (note: his first pitch to Greene was a 95 mph fastball as shown on the board at BrickTown.)

Sometimes the game is decided on the field by 18 players each trying to win, without any "buts" or "excepts". Seems to be a unique concept.

The Aggies were a lock for the regionals. The only question going in was what seed and where. The automatic bid was nice, but not required.

Ah the TexAgs meltdown. Classic! :P And common too.

Congrats to the AGs and all the East Texans that make a difference on their roster. I had pretty much written you off in the middle of the season. Keep the good vibes rolling in Florida. Too bad you don't have a cupcake region like the sips. 0-3 and a national mumber 2 seed, what a joke the NCAA is. It is all all about selling t-shirts, what a shame.

Congrats to the AGs and all the East Texans that make a difference on their roster. I had pretty much written you off in the middle of the season. Keep the good vibes rolling in Florida. Too bad you don't have a cupcake region like the sips. 0-3 and a national mumber 2 seed, what a joke the NCAA is. It is all all about selling t-shirts, what a shame.

What your saying is "to hell with what a team accomplishes in the regular season, only the tournament should matter"? I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned about UT dropping the last three games, but what about all the previous conference games. Fact is UT was a regional host before the tournament ever started. I guess the Aggies didn't drop three in a row all year? Wait a second, they dropped three in a row to Texas; two of those in College Station.

Virtually every ranking has the Miami region ranked below the Austin region; both are in the middle of the pack as far as toughest to easiest. UCLA has the toughest and OU has the easiest according to the majority of analysist. Momentum plays a big role in baseball playoffs. A&M is one of the hottest teams in the country right now and Miami seems to be more concerned about the possible match up with their cross town rival Florida International. UT enters a home regional with a 3 game losing streak, the only 3 game losing streak of the season. The Longhorns should have starting SS Brandon Loy back from injury. Known more for his defense and leadership, Loy missed the entire BIG XII tournament. Likewise Rice gets their stud C back in Seastrunk. I'd love to see a re-match of the Horns and Aggies this year.

What your saying is "to hell with what a team accomplishes in the regular season, only the tournament should matter"? I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned about UT dropping the last three games, but what about all the previous conference games. Fact is UT was a regional host before the tournament ever started. I guess the Aggies didn't drop three in a row all year? Wait a second, they dropped three in a row to Texas; two of those in College Station.

Virtually every ranking has the Miami region ranked below the Austin region; both are in the middle of the pack as far as toughest to easiest. UCLA has the toughest and OU has the easiest according to the majority of analysist. Momentum plays a big role in baseball playoffs. A&M is one of the hottest teams in the country right now and Miami seems to be more concerned about the possible match up with their cross town rival Florida International. UT enters a home regional with a 3 game losing streak, the only 3 game losing streak of the season. The Longhorns should have starting SS Brandon Loy back from injury. Known more for his defense and leadership, Loy missed the entire BIG XII tournament. Likewise Rice gets their stud C back in Seastrunk. I'd love to see a re-match of the Horns and Aggies this year.

Dawgboy is just a Texas hater. If he knew half of what he was talking about, he would know that Texas very much deserved their national #2 ranking. 24 -3 Big 12 record says it all. And I wouldn't call having Rice in your regional a cupcake. I would actually prefer to trade regional opponents with the Aggies. Like Ron White says, "you can't fix stupid."

Dawg just hates everything about Texas. Doesn't matter what it is. I was kind of embarrased about the Texas showing at the Big 12 tourney, but baseball is a funny game sometimes. Hopefully they can get things staightened back out and get on a roll all the way to Omaha again.

Dawgboy is just a Texas hater. If he knew half of what he was talking about, he would know that Texas very much deserved their national #2 ranking. 24 -3 Big 12 record says it all. And I wouldn't call having Rice in your regional a cupcake. I would actually prefer to trade regional opponents with the Aggies. Like Ron White says, "you can't fix stupid."

lol.... oh no he didn't.

2jirkx.gif