Cayuga Vs. Evadale

Texsharp

Same umpire called in the Alto/Evedale series and he was behind the plate in game two of that series. He is not real strong behind the plate(likes getting attention), but it did go both ways and no way did he boot three ground #### when Alto was one out away from winning the series.

Good job Evedale on the win.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same umpire called in the Alto/Evedale series and he was behind the plate in game two of that series. He is not real strong behind the plate(likes getting attention), but it did go both ways and no way did he boot three ground #### when Alto was one out away from winning the series.

Good job Evadale on the win.

well lets here it Yuga fans, Im sure you have tons of excuses of why yall lost this game! I must say we may be loud from the stands, but at least our players respect the other team. Just in case yall missed it. When the pop fly to shortstop was being played your player passed the shortshort, stopped and backed up and clearly tried to cause the shortstop to miss the pop fly. NOW COME ON!! He is very lucky that he did not get thrown out of the game for that.. Maybe yall should stick to football and basketball..

No excuses....the first two innings looked like a highschool team versus little league. Gunnar obviously was hurt, coming out after one batter. Jimmy didn't look like the pitcher we've seen all year. IMO he threw some pretty good pitches that got called b-a-l-l-s and it got to him. That's part of the game though, you've got to battle through those kinds of things, but remember he is only a sophomore. It was a pretty good game after the 2nd. WAAAY too many passed and dropped b-a-l-l-s. Think we had the third out in that 2nd inning at least 5 times but kept dropping the b-a-l-l. And as for the play at short he got called out for interference, wasn't anything disrespectful about it. Hopefully Jimmy and Chantz will pitch better tomorrow.

PS. Cowbell wasn't near as bad as what some folks said on here, at least not after Sheriff Taylor asked him to quit telling the kids that they "####." The only thing I personally saw was when he walked half way over to our side clanging and yelling something directly at our fans. Not too classy but I just see it as someone that's not too used to winning. Some folks who are used to losing and are finally on the winning side just don't know how to win with class.

well lets here it Yuga fans, Im sure you have tons of excuses of why yall lost this game! I must say we may be loud from the stands, but at least our players respect the other team. Just in case yall missed it. When the pop fly to shortstop was being played your player passed the shortshort, stopped and backed up and clearly tried to cause the shortstop to miss the pop fly. NOW COME ON!! He is very lucky that he did not get thrown out of the game for that.. Maybe yall should stick to football and basketball..

So, this is your first post? Nice way to begin. No way is a player going to get thrown out of a game for trying to get a guy to drop a ball. That's part of baseball. He might've been called out, but not thrown out.

Just enjoy your win and your first post because I learned last week how to eat crow and you may have to do the same.

well the best team always wins in a series its either win and go to the big show or go home tomorrow :coolball:

You're correct, Fanatic101, the best team always wins in a series. We will know tomorrow night who that is. Good luck to all players, and I pray for a safe game for all involved.

GO WILDCATS!!!!

So, this is your first post? Nice way to begin. No way is a player going to get thrown out of a game for trying to get a guy to drop a ball. That's part of baseball. He might've been called out, but not thrown out.

Just enjoy your win and your first post because I learned last week how to eat crow and you may have to do the same.

Very funny and thank you for the warm welcome. I must ask wouldn’t it have been smarter baseball if he ran on two outs and instead of standing at short stop be standing on home plate to see if he would have dropped it and score.. wow your right that is good baseball ha.

As for the umpire calls it did go both ways you can not blame it on the umpires.

well cowbell will ring that stupid bell the entire game while staring down the other teams fans but when the Overton games were over he disappeared and never came out the gate cause there was a few waiting for him to say a few words including me...i think he left the back way...he can say stuff at the game and on here but after the game he is as yellow as that shirt he wears....Cayuga can come back and win two big games....just play your game and make it to state :thumbsup:

As ugly as the first two innings were for Cayuga yesterday there was a positive. Billy Duncan had pitched like 4 innings all year long and came in and did an awesome job!!! He started out in center field, moved to short stop, 2nd base, and finally pitched a pretty good game. Hopefully we'll play like we're capable today and take the next two. And all you Yuga fans, ignore cowbell,,,,he feeds off the attention.

As ugly as the first two innings were for Cayuga yesterday there was a positive. Billy Duncan had pitched like 4 innings all year long and came in and did an awesome job!!! He started out in center field, moved to short stop, 2nd base, and finally pitched a pretty good game. Hopefully we'll play like we're capable today and take the next two. And all you Yuga fans, ignore cowbell,,,,he feeds off the attention.

"The attention?" Looks like he feeds off of everything he comes in contact with!!!! LOL

I am an outsider who keeps up with most of the baseball in our region 1a-4a and this blog is the most entertaining blog by far. You have any where from cow bell ringers to lynch mobs that want to hang the cow ringer. I wish both teams the best of luck and keep posting the scores for guys like me.