White Oak vs. New Waverly

snuffy

They had five hits imo but I guess it's debatable. That scorekeeper (if you went off that) was terrible at his job.

It is possible for their to be a hit and an error in the same play.

YES- it is ONLY a hit when it preceeds the error in the play. Error ocurrs after the "hit" and usually is a throwing error(usually throwing to the wrong base trying to catch runner stretching the play another base or going home, etc).

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm your explanation has me thinking I might be wrong...What about when its the throw to first base but the runner was clearly going to be safe regardless? #### goes to the fence and runners come around to score.

Is that just an error or a hit with an error?

hmm your explanation has me thinking I might be wrong...What about when its the throw to first base but the runner was clearly going to be safe regardless? #### goes to the fence and runners come around to score.

If the runner touched the base before the baseman could have recieved the put out it is a hit.

zippy45

By the way, I am a high school coach and not a kid or parent. Do you personally know gawrieh. If not, what makes you an expert on what Baylor needs or wants. The kid has great work ethic and is a really good pitcher. He averages 86 to 88 and has great stuff. This is the average speed in the majors, by the way. With a college weight and conditioning program, he will be even better. Possibly would be red-shirted if he makes the team. He is also one of this most respectful and humble kids you will ever meet. College coaches look for the total package and this kid has it. You are probably some parent or kid who does not know a lot about baseball. So to the real baseball guys, your opinion does not mean a lot. I wish snuffy would comment on this because he is a baseball guru. He knows a little bit about what college coaches look for in a pitcher.

:icon_eek: :bangin: :rofl: :sick:

Not gonna happen. That kid was no where good enough to pitch for Baylor. Even New Waverly's "terrible bats" hit some pretty deep ones that would've gone out if the wind wasn't blowing in. Playing collegiate baseball is a guarantee for this kid but Baylor? Don't be a fool. Stay in reality. I knew WO was full of themselves but this is by far the biggest load of crud I've ever heard come from them.

hey zippy , its real. hes going on an acedimic scholorship because he recieved more $ that way. he's walking on but he's ben given a roster spot. will prob red shirt first year but its true. so i also guess thats since new waverly had a few hits on juice so he cant go to baylor , then i guess roberts goin to texas must be a real joke because he got hammered by w.o.???? every pitcher is intitled to a bad game or so. maybe its not that juice doesnt pitch well but maybe new waverly had some good hitters.

i would have to say hit if he was gona be safe anyway.