***Official World Cup Thread***

CrankThatCrabtree

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

US plays Ghana Saturday.

Fifa rankings have US at 14 i think and Ghana around 33. Ghana plays a style of soccer very different to what the US is use to playing. I know Ghana is quick, but so are we. I think they have a decent offense but not much in terms of a defense and goalie. should be a great chance for US to advance and play Paraguay or South Korea.

I think Ghana might get caught in a daze just being happy to be there while the US should feel it is really time to take care of business. Hopefully we finally have a game in our favor!

I thought it was funny how just a couple of minutes after Harkes and his broadcast partner complained that Algeria appeared to be content to settle for a draw, the US got their one goal by catching them when they had too many men pushed forward.

Uruguay

South Korea

US

Ghana

Argentina

Mexico

England

Germany

Netherlands

Slovakia

Brazil

Chile

Portugal

Spain

Japan

Paraguay

I didn't realize it until after I posted, I had the same picks.

I like our bracket for a good run.

Would've, could've, should've. USA gave away both goals with sloppy play, although credit to the Ghanians for finishing them off. I doubt the US could've done so well with them. I pray that before I die I see a world class striker putting on an American jersey.

Would've, could've, should've. USA gave away both goals with sloppy play, although credit to the Ghanians for finishing them off. I doubt the US could've done so well with them. I pray that before I die I see a world class striker putting on an American jersey.

you and me both.

first there was Adu...suppose to be the next big thing...

now theres Altidore...

someone has poor long term judgment. we need someone that is just goal hungry and a fighter and finisher. not someone who takes what they can get and misses all the easy stuff

I do believe Altidore was the youngest starting forward in the tourney but he has a long way to go. How many times did we serve ball into the box and Altidore would be chillin on the back post (every time)!!! Man, McBride wasn't the best forward but he would mix it up in the box any given match.

You have to question some moves that Bradley made throughout the tourney. Findley.......you have to be kiddin me. At least the few minutes Buddle got he had many touches on the ball.

What about the guy that started in the middle today over Edu.....whats up with that move?! It seemed every match at halftime he would throw Dempsey up top (good move) and bring in that other mid (I am horrible with names). Why not start the game like that then if that is your best 11.

Out of all these soccer guru's in the US and ODP camps we can't develop a better forward?!

It doesn't matter if he "beasts" people. He can't finish and I would say a forward that cannot finish, is a problem. Altidore found himself killing many well developed plays by poor decision making or not knowing what he was going to do next. He hesitated far to much. The many chances he had during the tournament were all misses. Unacceptable misses for any level ESPECIALLY the world cup

He proved that this world cup. Yes I do know he is young, but you cannot use that as an excuse. If he was too you to be out there and couldn't live up to expectations, he should not have been out there.

I personally think starting Ricardo Clark over Edu was a strategic moved that backfired. I believe Bradley knew Edu was the stronger player, but also knew Edu could provide that spark in the second half if they could hold them in the first.

I know anyone that plays or coaches knows how much 1 game can take out of your center mid. Its a tough position to play.

Jozy Altidore just beasts people all game, he was not the problem. Jozy+Davies=sick striker combo for next world cup.

Never said he was the whole problem (I can give you a list of problems).....he has potential but still has a long way to go to be an elite forward. Take Klose FROM GERMANY..........I believe like 50 goals in 99 intl. matches (could be wrong). That is an elite forward.

Jozy needs to get hungry in the box and find creases when he is in the box......he always just runs to the back post. My question is, "Where is the coaching?!". Teach that young forward to make a freakin diagonal runs in the box. Ball being sent into the box and he is sitting outside of the backpost. Make that run to the front post just once.

Buddle has the ball againt Algeria on the front post with the keeper and a def right there and where is jozy....hanging on the back post....no way buddle can feed the ball through there.

ONCE AGAIN I THINK IT COMES DOWN TO COACHING WHEN A PLAYER MAKES THE SAME MISTAKE OVER AND OVER AT THAT LEVEL.

If you guys think this World Cup was a good showing then we are settling!! England and USA should've played better in this group and they didn't.

Altidore is tough from midline to the top of the "D" put where is he after that point?!

It doesn't matter if he "beasts" people. He can't finish and I would say a forward that cannot finish, is a problem. Altidore found himself killing many well developed plays by poor decision making or not knowing what he was going to do next. He hesitated far to much. The many chances he had during the tournament were all misses. Unacceptable misses for any level ESPECIALLY the world cup

He proved that this world cup. Yes I do know he is young, but you cannot use that as an excuse. If he was too you to be out there and couldn't live up to expectations, he should not have been out there.

I personally think starting Ricardo Clark over Edu was a strategic moved that backfired. I believe Bradley knew Edu was the stronger player, but also knew Edu could provide that spark in the second half if they could hold them in the first.

I know anyone that plays or coaches knows how much 1 game can take out of your center mid. Its a tough position to play.

DP...you and I are on the same page. I know why he made the move with Clark but I just didn't agree considering the importance of the match. We have that other white guy coming off the bench (at half) to play mid that gives us a spark...we would put dempsey up top and this kid in the middle (this guy should've been starting). Even British announcers are questioning certain starters and Bradley was asked after the match about his starting 11. Start demp up top and that other mid. Demp has a nose for the goal!!! I guess you can see I am not a Bradley fan.