***Official World Cup Thread***

CrankThatCrabtree

the "other" guy is Failhaber (sp?)

I agree he should have been somewhere in the starting 11 but maybe he not a 90 minute type player which could be why he always comes in early 2nd half or at halftime here lately. I still like him though.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else notice just how many defenders in World Cup play like to try and get an offside call by all instantly throwing their arm up when they get burned, rather than focusing on playing?

Anyone else notice just how many defenders in World Cup play like to try and get an offside call by all instantly throwing their arm up when they get burned, rather than focusing on playing?

That happens in every professional game in every professional league lol

Uruguay go through to the semifinals after winning a penalty shootout (4-2) against Ghana. Ghana had a chance to win it on a penalty in the dying seconds of extra time that was awarded after Suarez of Uruguay cleared a sure goal off the line with his hand, but Asamoah Gyan struck the resulting pk off and over the crossbar.

No justice in that result.

Things of note from the last 2 days:

Netherlands are for real, especially when Van der Vaart doesn't get on the field. Felipe Melo is an idiot and Brazil can't handle adversity, (rarely do they have to).

Suarez did exactly what I would have done in a similar situation, (except I would have sold it better that it was my head that hit the ball). Why would you let the other team score? Take the red card, hope your team gets to continue, now he is a national hero.

Germany is the class of the tournament so far, if it weren't for a terrible ref in their 2nd game against Serbia they would have won every game so far. Argentina is terrible and should get an actual manager.

Spain is playing terribly right now and I'm ready for them to be done in this tournament, hopefully the Germans get it done. Keeping Villa on my fantasy team though because he is a hoss.

I hope a mountain falls on Suarez's head, or a rabid dolphin chews off his leg. But I'll settle for 2-0 Holland. Which is too bad, because I enjoy watching Diego Forlan work, dude is all class.

Is Spain going to keep starting Torres?

Things of note from the last 2 days:

Suarez did exactly what I would have done in a similar situation, (except I would have sold it better that it was my head that hit the ball). Why would you let the other team score? Take the red card, hope your team gets to continue, now he is a national hero.

You're exactly right. Just as players use gamesmanship to stall for time without appearing to, there are a number of things that have to be done in matches to finish with the win.

In basketball, an intentional foul or in pointy football, a facemask or horsecollar tackle are the desparation moves that keep the other team from scoring, and you pay the proper penalty.

If the clock was going to run out any second, and the ball was headed for the goal in what would be the end of my teams' world cup play, I would've taken the bullet, goten the red card, and sat the next game, because if I don't, we ALL sit the next game!!!

Missing the PK was just Ghana's bad luck, so the door remained open, and they lost in the end.

Moral of the story, make the PK and win.