"Establishment" Republicans cozying up to dims in order to keep their positions of power?

RETIREDFAN1

Yeah, if a guy said he was very, very very conservative and he could prove it, and he was a democrat-- Id vote for him. But Im not holding my breath.

I won't vote for a democrat for any reason...even the most conservative dim (oxymoron) would be a vote for queen nancy as speaker.......I don't have that dilemma, however....Kevin Brady is about as right wing as they come.....

Here is the dilemma: you make people lurch too hard to the right or left for the majority of Americans, and you lose the Independents or even Democrats who might vote for a Republican or vice versa. The gamble of having some prescribed "purity" might work in TEXAS or OKLAHOMA or UTAH, but in the end, you could end up with a Phyrric victory.

Fence sitters, there in which lies the problem.

Here is the dilemma: you make people lurch too hard to the right or left for the majority of Americans, and you lose the Independents or even Democrats who might vote for a Republican or vice versa. The gamble of having some prescribed "purity" might work in TEXAS or OKLAHOMA or UTAH, but in the end, you could end up with a Phyrric victory.

In my own district, Chet Edwards who is a Democrat and the only one I have voted for in recent years, who voted against the Health Care bill and has done an admirable job for veterans and veterans' issues for years and years had a Republican recruited to run against him in Bill Flores. Bill Flores wins, and by current calculations, he might, then the GOP still doesn't have the House, and TEXAS loses a powerful voice that does us a lot of good.

Go Bill Flores.....there is no such thing as a good democrat......no matter what he does for you to BUY your vote and your loyalty.....

Another term for "fence-sitters" might be compromisers or those who get things done for ALL. Consensus-building is not a profane term. Reagan did it, Clinton did it, and many other Presidents before them.

....and look where all their compromising has led us......NO MORE COMPROMISERS.....WE WANT FIGHTERS!!!!

What's next....putting people in stocks or throwing people in ponds and determining they are Democrats if they float?

Sounds good to me.... :whome:

The only fanatics are the democrats fanatically trying to usurp the Constitution and gain complete control over our every breath....IF chet edwards doesn't fall in that group, then he should tell the dims to shove it and come on over to the RIGHT...He is as leftist as the rest of them...Who did he vote for speaker of the house??? Queen nancy....I can't wait until November when we wipe the smugnesss off the faces of all you moderates and liberals at the polls....and send the welfare queen to the back of the House chamber where she belongs.....

Sounds good to me.... :whome:

The only fanatics are the democrats fanatically trying to usurp the Constitution and gain complete control over our every breath....IF chet edwards doesn't fall in that group, then he should tell the dims to shove it and come on over to the RIGHT...He is as leftist as the rest of them...Who did he vote for speaker of the house??? Queen nancy....I can't wait until November when we wipe the smugnesss off the faces of all you moderates and liberals at the polls....and send the welfare queen to the back of the House chamber where she belongs.....

Kind of funny..or kind of sad that you claim the only fanatics are the democrats, yet you then slot someone as a leftist because they are not of your party.

You right Larry David..it is sad how far politics have went past what is best for the country and only worried about what is best for the party

I used to be a 60%-40% voter. The way the left tried to run rough-shot with the American people by using the platform of the democrat party has sent me closer to probably a 90%-10% split. It was not an "over right" shift of the republican party that has caused the problems. I see Colmsie's point, but i still hold out hope for some democrats who hold to some conservative values. They are just becoming more and more difficult to find.

Axlerod has just stated "That republicans havent contributed lately, and they are rooting for failure" Uh, Mr. Axlegrease, why would anyone support Marxist ideas? Plus everything that the republicans said would happen with his health care-- is happening, to the poorest of folks!!

but i still hold out hope for some democrats who hold to some conservative values. They are just becoming more and more difficult to find.

...and they STILL vote for queen nancy as speaker of the house no matter how conservative they CLAIM to be at election time....

Problems with Dems, even when they say they're "conservative"... they'll still vote with the rest of them on something that's bad for the country; i.e., healthcare, etc. and some RINOs go as well.

That is problem with BOTH sides..they would rather vote partty lines than make a votw to better our country

Of course you and I believe that, but I am just curious what the "independents" believe are negotiable items. In other words, what do the middle-of-the-roaders want?

What makes "independents" middle of the roaders? Independents are just folks who aren't registered with either party.

Across the board, there's way to the right, way to the left, in the middle, right of middle, left of middle and all varying degrees in between.