District 7-2A Division II

easttexan

Chisum score is correct.

http://www.heralddemocrat.com/hd/Sports/8-29-Anna-Chisum

Anna improved from 0-10 in 2008 to I think 4-6 last year, and they brought back a lot of those starters. They couldn't move the ball much last year, but the defense was good. You had to figure Chisum might take a bit to find themselves after graduating Eddington.

That's what I expected. I really see Rivercrest and De Kalb fighting for the 3rd spot.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody have any information as far as players to watch for and strong points for the Maud Cardinals? I know they have had alot of success the last few seasons however i know they lost Finney and there QB, I think i'm going to take my Rebels 34-20

They will come out of the wood works once district get's here. As for this week...

Prairiland over Chisum

Como-Pickton over Winnsboro (I wanted to put a tie)

Cooper over Wolfe City

De Kalb over Queen City

Pewitt over Arp in a squeaker

Rivercrest over Maud (something just tells me Rivercrest is due)

They will come out of the wood works once district get's here. As for this week...

Prairiland over Chisum

Cooper over Wolfe City

De Kalb over Queen City

I'll echo all those except I'll take Winnsboro over C-P.

Prairiland over Chisum

Cooper over Wolfe City

De Kalb over Queen City

yep them picks look good to me! :thumbsup:

Como by 7

Prairiland takes chisum by 20 give or take a few.

Cooper takes Wolfe City by 17

Rivercrest over Maud by 10-14 :thumbsup:

Pewitt falls to Maud by 2. (how about this brutal pre-district schedule?)

Dekalb by 7 hopefully they'll play a little better D than we did and finally get a W

did dekalb look that good, or did queen city look that bad? there should have been a lot of emotion in this one with buddy ray standing on the other sideline?

Dude, no offense, but I think what you should be more worried about than how DeKalb looked against Queen City is "How in the heck did my Rebels give up 52 points to Queen City?". Rivercrest has me thinking DeKalb's defense is pretty dadgum decent. Well, that and the fact that New Boston scored 37 on our defense, with 21 of that coming when they capitalized on 3 turnovers by DK deep in DK territory, and then they put up 48 on Pleasant Grove.

Dude, no offense, but I think what you should be more worried about than how DeKalb looked against Queen City is "How in the heck did my Rebels give up 52 points to Queen City?". Rivercrest has me thinking DeKalb's defense is pretty dadgum decent. Well, that and the fact that New Boston scored 37 on our defense, with 21 of that coming when they capitalized on 3 turnovers by DK deep in DK territory, and then they put up 48 on Pleasant Grove.

the answer to that is pretty clear, sloppy first game with very poor tackling.

After two games it appears as though Pewitt is what we thought they were(leading contender). The race for the other two play-off spots is wide open. With some teams weak pre-district schedules, it looks like we may have to wait until first district game to start seperating contenders and pretenders.