District 7-2A Division II

easttexan

Winnsboro - CP was 28-17.

I was told Como was up at the half and moving the ball, and then thought they should attempt to throw the ball the second half and handed the game to Winnsboro. Como fan says the main running back had only 8-9 carries the entire game? Makes you scratch your head a little on what we need to expect from them.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think our schedule is ok with building the program for now. If we pull off a 6-4 season this year then i do want us to start getting some tougher schools to play next year. With the way they have split up big school and small school in 2A will really help us compete, but I can only imagine what our boys would be thinking right now if we had a New Boston, Daingerfield, Arp or a 3A program to deal with the first 2 games and gotten our butts kicked. We are finally getting a good number of boys coming out and this started with Coach Anderson 3 years ago. We also just bearly made the 2A cutoff with 10-15 kids over the limit as is so its not like we are playing a bunch of schools way smaller than us. In my opinion right now we need WINS anyway we can get them. We need them wins to keep the kids interested in coming out for football and have more join the team. I do think we have this going in right direction. I was told last Friday night that in Jr High all but 7 kids was in athletics. If that is true that is really awesome to hear. Thanks for listening to my thoughts on this and good luck to everyone.

By district rivercrest will be that number 2 spot, them kids are completely different from last year.

I am glad you are excited about your team but better not get to cocky. The likes of QC, Maud and Detriot just dont make you world beaters. Dont see you hanging 50 are even 30 on any district opponet.

Week 2

Chisum (1-1) vs. Honey Grove (1-1)

Como-Pickton (1-1) vs. Quitman (2-0)

Cooper (2-0) vs. Mt. Vernon (1-1)

DeKalb (1-1) vs. Hughes Springs (2-0)

Paul Pewitt (1-1) vs. Jefferson (1-1)

Rivercrest (2-0) vs. Detroit (0-2)

Chisum over Honey Grove

Quitman over Como-Pickton but I really don't know much about either team

Cooper over Mt Vernon

Hughes Springs over De Kalb in a good game

Pewitt over jefferson by about 10

Rivercrest over Detroit

Guest OriginalBulldog
Pewitt :happy65:

Cooper :thumbsup:

Chisum

Rivercrest

Dekalb :no:

Como :cry:

Never ever underestimate Dekalb. They held QC to 14 while Rivercrest allowed 52! I got the same except switch Dekalb and Rivercrest.

Week 2

Chisum (1-1) vs. Honey Grove (1-1)

Como-Pickton (1-1) vs. Quitman (2-0)

Cooper (2-0) vs. Mt. Vernon (1-1)

DeKalb (1-1) vs. Hughes Springs (2-0)

Paul Pewitt (1-1) vs. Jefferson (1-1)

Rivercrest (2-0) vs. Detroit (0-2)

Chisum

Quitman

Cooper

DeKalb

Paul Pewitt

Rivercrest

I think our schedule is ok with building the program for now. If we pull off a 6-4 season this year then i do want us to start getting some tougher schools to play next year. With the way they have split up big school and small school in 2A will really help us compete, but I can only imagine what our boys would be thinking right now if we had a New Boston, Daingerfield, Arp or a 3A program to deal with the first 2 games and gotten our butts kicked. We are finally getting a good number of boys coming out and this started with Coach Anderson 3 years ago. We also just bearly made the 2A cutoff with 10-15 kids over the limit as is so its not like we are playing a bunch of schools way smaller than us. In my opinion right now we need WINS anyway we can get them. We need them wins to keep the kids interested in coming out for football and have more join the team. I do think we have this going in right direction. I was told last Friday night that in Jr High all but 7 kids was in athletics. If that is true that is really awesome to hear. Thanks for listening to my thoughts on this and good luck to everyone.

you are right on point 92

Chisum (1-1) vs. Honey Grove (1-1) --- HG by 2 TD, Chisum is down, and HG better than ppl think

Como-Pickton (1-1) vs. Quitman (2-0) --Quitman

Cooper (2-0) vs. Mt. Vernon (1-1) -- Toss-up, taking Cooper--should be great game

DeKalb (1-1) vs. Hughes Springs (2-0)-- HS pounds DK

Paul Pewitt (1-1) vs. Jefferson (1-1) -- PP in the game of the week for the district

Rivercrest (2-0) vs. Detroit (0-2) --- Rivercrest in a massacre--find out how good they really are next week when they play HG -- But congrats to the Rebs...keep it rolling, and good luck!

Chisum (1-1) vs. Honey Grove (1-1) --- HG by 2 TD, Chisum is down, and HG better than ppl think

Como-Pickton (1-1) vs. Quitman (2-0) --Quitman

Cooper (2-0) vs. Mt. Vernon (1-1) -- Toss-up, taking Cooper--should be great game

DeKalb (1-1) vs. Hughes Springs (2-0)-- HS pounds DK

Paul Pewitt (1-1) vs. Jefferson (1-1) -- PP in the game of the week for the district

Rivercrest (2-0) vs. Detroit (0-2) --- Rivercrest in a massacre--find out how good they really are next week when they play HG -- But congrats to the Rebs...keep it rolling, and good luck!

1. I would like to know up front what your defintion of "pounds" is. Could you be a little more specific?

2. So, Rivercrest is supposed to "find out how good they really are next week when they play HG (Honey Grove)"?? The same Honey Grove that is now 1A? The same Honey Grove that Cooper beat handily in week 0? You are really setting the bar high for the Rebels, huh?

There is a 99.999999999% chance that Pewitt will be district 7-AA champs. After that, the 2nd and 3rd place teams will come from DeKalb, Cooper and Paris Chisum. I have no idea which of these teams will miss out on the playoffs, but I hope it isn't DeKalb. It could be, but if DK keeps improving and learning the new system every week like we have the first two weeks, I think we will definitely be in the top 3, and possibly even play Pewitt for the district championship.

The fact that anyone is using Honey Grove as a measuring stick still cracks me up.....LOL.....although they probably will be the best team that Rivercrest faces in non-district.

1. I would like to know up front what your defintion of "pounds" is. Could you be a little more specific?

2. So, Rivercrest is supposed to "find out how good they really are next week when they play HG (Honey Grove)"?? The same Honey Grove that is now 1A? The same Honey Grove that Cooper beat handily in week 0? You are really setting the bar high for the Rebels, huh?

There is a 99.999999999% chance that Pewitt will be district 7-AA champs. After that, the 2nd and 3rd place teams will come from DeKalb, Cooper and Paris Chisum. I have no idea which of these teams will miss out on the playoffs, but I hope it isn't DeKalb. It could be, but if DK keeps improving and learning the new system every week like we have the first two weeks, I think we will definitely be in the top 3, and possibly even play Pewitt for the district championship.

The fact that anyone is using Honey Grove as a measuring stick still cracks me up.....LOL.....although they probably will be the best team that Rivercrest faces in non-district.

Didn't mean to rattle your cage too much DKBearfan..My definition of "pounds" would be something like 28-7 or 28-14...physical team that knows its system against a young team, new coach finding its way.

Honey Grove...same kids have been playing for two years..very experienced, lots of good skill kids, and huge up front...QB is super fast and and can hum it. I saw Gunter and HG play last year and was really impressed with some of HG's young kids, who are all back....Chisum lost a heckuva player in Eddington, who was thier offense....and I know I read somewhere where Queen City was used as a measuring stick between DK and Rivercrest--thats setting the bar high too, I must say...

The only measuring stick used on QC was the fact that Rivercrest scored 54 against QC and DK scored 52. Rivercrest gave up 52 to QC in a nailbiter to the end, and DK gave up 14 to QC in a blowout in which QC only scored those 14 against DK backups late in the 4th after the game was decided.

THAT was the ONLY comparison or measurement made.

And, my cage don't get rattled......but, my giggle box sure gets jiggled quite a bit on Smoaky, though. :smirk:

we will see how confident those dk players are we they role into district 1-4.... i understand palying a hard non district schedule, but when you are coming off 0-10 and 2-8 seasons like rc and dk, it may not be a great idea to play a hard non district schd with kids who have been getting beat up on. imo. but we will see dkbear, we will see...

Well, I'm glad I gave you a little giggle, DKBearfan...laughter is good for the heart and soul! I, in no way, am saying that HG is some sort of powerhouse...just saying they should be a very good 1A, and would still be a solid 2A-much better than what Rivercrest has faced so far. But in saying that, New Boston and Hughes Springs are way better than HG, so DeKalb should be tested by the time district rolls around. Good luck to all the kids, I have no horse in any fight, just like seeing some good games.

we will see how confident those dk players are we they role into district 1-4.... i understand palying a hard non district schedule, but when you are coming off 0-10 and 2-8 seasons like rc and dk, it may not be a great idea to play a hard non district schd with kids who have been getting beat up on. imo. but we will see dkbear, we will see...

Yes Be Physical, we will see about that 1-4.....and we will see how much good it does Rivercrest to think they are much better than they really are.....it is one thing to gain confidence by winning some games, but it is a completely different thing to just pull the wool over the kids eyes......Week 1 of district, Rivercrest is gonna gonna step out on the field thinking they can play with Pewitt and thinking it is a big showdown between two district powerhouses with RC being 5-0 and PP being 4-1.....then, the reality that actually takes place that night will be a brutal, brutal thing. It's a lot easier to recover from a 5 ft. fall than it is a 50 ft. fall.

With that being said, good luck to all district 7-AA teams this season, and as it is every year, the games will be decided on the field, and not on Smoaky.

The only measuring stick used on QC was the fact that Rivercrest scored 54 against QC and DK scored 52. Rivercrest gave up 52 to QC in a nailbiter to the end, and DK gave up 14 to QC in a blowout in which QC only scored those 14 against DK backups late in the 4th after the game was decided.

THAT was the ONLY comparison or measurement made.

And, my cage don't get rattled......but, my giggle box sure gets jiggled quite a bit on Smoaky, though. :smirk:

RC played horrible defense agasint QC missing a lot of tackles but the defense picked up and getting better every week..but didn't Dekalb get shutout the first game? and then there offense picked up against queen city???...the same goes for the Rebels defense..it worked on some things and is getting better....and from reading some earlier posts....why would you schedule tough pre district oppenents...and the last two seasons you have been 4-16 and have been accustomed to losing...I seen some of the rebels games last year and every one they got blew up like 40-0 and 50-0...so is that really smart to continue the losing ways with a tough pre district...you need the kids to get confidence and learn how to win and what it takes to win first and with the new coaching staff the kids need to buy into the new system the coaches have

RC played horrible defense agasint QC missing a lot of tackles but the defense picked up and getting better every week..but didn't Dekalb get shutout the first game? and then there offense picked up against queen city???...the same goes for the Rebels defense..it worked on some things and is getting better....and from reading some earlier posts....why would you schedule tough pre district oppenents...and the last two seasons you have been 4-16 and have been accustomed to losing...I seen some of the rebels games last year and every one they got blew up like 40-0 and 50-0...so is that really smart to continue the losing ways with a tough pre district...you need the kids to get confidence and learn how to win and what it takes to win first and with the new coaching staff the kids need to buy into the new system the coaches have

We were in the same boat as Rivercrest last season, except we couldn't even beat Rivercrest. And who knows what kind of non-district schedule our new coaches would have put together had they been able to do so, but our schedule was already set for the next 2 seasons by a coach who bailed on us in the middle of summer. So DK's schedule simply is what it is for our new coaches.

And yes, we got shut out in week 0 by NB 37-0. We made a LOT of mistakes. Believe it or not, that loss actually gave our kids confidence. They came out of that game knowing they turned the ball over 3 times deep in our own territory to a VERY good NB team who turned all 3 of those turnovers into NB touchdowns. Our kids actually made plays in this game, very much unlike the previous year when NB thumped us 62-7. Again, the scoreboard showed 37-0, but our kids knew without our own mistakes, the game was a whole lot closer than that. So, that in itself gave the kids a confidence boost. Then, the next week when NB thumped Pleasant Grove 48-7, our kids got another boost of confidence from a game that they didn't even play.

All I am saying, is without a little resistance, it is hard to get better and easy to get overconfident. Again, I am not bashing Rivercrest at all. I simply believe they are a 4th or 5th place team in our district. But, with a little stiffer non-district competition, I think they would have been able to compete for the 3rd playoff spot in district 7-AA.

Yes Be Physical, we will see about that 1-4.....and we will see how much good it does Rivercrest to think they are much better than they really are.....it is one thing to gain confidence by winning some games, but it is a completely different thing to just pull the wool over the kids eyes......Week 1 of district, Rivercrest is gonna gonna step out on the field thinking they can play with Pewitt and thinking it is a big showdown between two district powerhouses with RC being 5-0 and PP being 4-1.....then, the reality that actually takes place that night will be a brutal, brutal thing. It's a lot easier to recover from a 5 ft. fall than it is a 50 ft. fall.

With that being said, good luck to all district 7-AA teams this season, and as it is every year, the games will be decided on the field, and not on Smoaky.

so youre saying its better to let your kids get beat so they think they arent really good? confidence goes a long way on the grass, and last time i checked the best way to build confidence is to WIN not get beat. and if rc is handed their first lost to pewitt so be it, but i do not believe they will think its the end of the world. as far as your analogy about falling 50 ft compared to 5 ft, how many feet down are your bears gonna be after going 0-10 the starting off 1-4 or 2-3?

so youre saying its better to let your kids get beat so they think they arent really good? confidence goes a long way on the grass, and last time i checked the best way to build confidence is to WIN not get beat. and if rc is handed their first lost to pewitt so be it, but i do not believe they will think its the end of the world. as far as your analogy about falling 50 ft compared to 5 ft, how many feet down are your bears gonna be after going 0-10 the starting off 1-4 or 2-3?

Look, I am not saying there is a right way or a wrong way. I am just saying, in my opinion, I like our way better. I hope your way works out for y'all, but in my experiences, it usually doesn't And, I could care less about our non-district record dude because we are already playing much much better than we did at ANY point last season. We have better overall coaching, an offensive and defensive scheme that better suits our kids, and an atmosphere at school and in town that we haven't had in a couple of years.

As for our non-district schedule, I think we match up fairly well with Hughes Springs, and very well with Hooks and Prairiland. I honestly believe we will be at worst 3-2, with an outside chance at 4-1. If I am wrong, I will say I am wrong. But, I think if we are 3-2 after non-district, or even 2-3 or 1-4 for that matter, it will be a more true gauge of where we really are than if we were to go 5-0 against basically a 1A non-district schedule and think we are something we are not.

But, don't get riled up man......this is just my opinion. Like I said, the games will be decided on the field, not on a message board. Until then, nobody really knows what is going to happen.