Tyler, Texas is in the middle of a restaurant renaissance, no?

cheaptrick77

I have had hamburgers in over half the states in the U.S. I have had ones that cost way more than you could believe. I have had them from places that DDD/Guy says are best in country. I had them from several other countries. I have yet to ever found one that was worth waiting 4 hours for, heck not even an hour and I think I have probably had some of the best burgers in the country. Someone please tell me what makes this burger so worth waiting four (4) hours for.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has any one eaten at Chuys yet? My husband and I went to the Brewhouse last night. The servings were ample or more than enough and was very good. The wait staff was great also. What are some other people's opinion of the Brewhouse?

Has any one eaten at Chuys yet? My husband and I went to the Brewhouse last night. The servings were ample or more than enough and was very good. The wait staff was great also. What are some other people's opinion of the Brewhouse?

Took the gf to Chuy's the other night. It was very good. I had a beef fajita chimi with she spicy queso sauce, and she had the chicka chicka bang bang, which is just basically chicken enchilada's. Their salsa and chips were good and the otr margaritas were good. It was overall a little bit spicier than most tex-mex restaurants...I give it a thumbs up.

Chipotle has already started construction. There's going to be an AT&T store next to it, as well.

Immortal, you don't need a reservation at BJs. I doubt they even take them, but they might do call-ahead seating. The food is good, the pizza is great and most of their in-house beers are really good. On Tuesdays during happy hour, all their in-house drafts are $2.

Panera Bread is going next to Chuy's along with likely another build-your-own yogurt place with room for one more place in the center. There will also be a strip built behind Chuy's on the Old Bullard Road side with more retail space.

I think they built the entire mall faster than they are building the Tyler Chipotle.

Try the Brisket tacos at the new fresh on Old Jacksonville--- better than Fuzzys!! The fish and shrimp tacos at the grill out side looked good!!

Is that place still packed or has the new wore off?

No waiting. You can get salad bar, dip bar, there is sandwich place next to taco stand and a pretty good grill out on patio. So most can get what they want. At the grill the pimento sliders looked good, and looked like they would fill you up for $7.00 . The Gelatto for dessert is excellent. And yesterday, they had grilled sirloin as samples!!

• 2 weeks later...

Fresh has a sandwich bar that makes a Cuban with pulled pork and ham, Gruyere swiss cheese, dijon mustard, and pickles...then they grill it on their paninni grill. It is a party in your mouth!!!

Maybe Double D's will curb some of violence in Tyler. Most men would rather look at a bare boob than fight.

I did notice on their website that their rib plate was called "Nice Rack" and you can also buy their "ta-ta-tacos".

For an appetizer you can get some "Well-stacked nachos" or some "Bare back quesadillas."

Sounds like an interesting place.

I didn't realize how basackwards some of the people of Tyler really are until I read the comments below the article that was on kltv.com

Will i go there? Probably not. But i really don't think the "kids" walking to their cars with their parents at ToysRUs have the optical abilities needed to peer through the brick walls 40 yards away, glimpse a female wearing short shorts and become scarred for life.

The circus has come to town over DD Ranch! Funny thing is that the TJC cheerleaders will have as much skin showing on a Saturday afternoon as these waitresses. To hear some people talk, you would think that customers are going to get a full nude lap dance with every bucket of wings! The hippocracy is astounding!

Heck, the kids at REL can walk across the street to the French Quarter and get a bottle of wine with a fake I.D. or watch people walk out who have been "tasting" the grape. Good Googly Gamoogly did you read the article in the TMT today? Are they going to sit in the parking with binoculars and watch the girls come and go to work? Sheesh!

Heck, the kids at REL can walk across the street to the French Quarter and get a bottle of wine with a fake I.D. or watch people walk out who have been "tasting" the grape. Good Googly Gamoogly did you read the article in the TMT today? Are they going to sit in the parking with binoculars and watch the girls come and go to work? Sheesh!

Pass by that wad of humanity in French Quarter parking lot after Lee gets out in afternoon , and D and D would seem pretty conservative. Those kids certainly help Tyler private schools.

I remember there was a Spaghetti Warehouse about 18+ yrs ago where On the Border is now.

There are still several great restaurants we could use in Tyer:

(1) Dave & Busters (come onnow, we adults need our own version of Chuck-E-Cheez!)

(2) Joe's Crab Shack

(3) Texas Land & Cattle Company

(4) Spaghetti Warehouse

Any others you folks can think of?......

Right across the street from REL and right next to Toys R Us. They, being Toys R US have put a restraining order on the man that is suppose to open it. They will have a hearing regarding the restraining order in August. The 11th of August is what I have heard.

Thoughts on this?

Right across the street from REL and right next to Toys R Us. They, being Toys R US have put a restraining order on the man that is suppose to open it. They will have a hearing regarding the restraining order in August. The 11th of August is what I have heard.

Thoughts on this?

My thoughts are dang! this is probably going to delay it opening up. People need to freakin chill the @#$@ out. Little shorts and tank tops are not a big deal....good grief!

My thoughts are dang! this is probably going to delay it opening up. People need to freakin chill the @#$@ out. Little shorts and tank tops are not a big deal....good grief!

You're right there. You can go to WalMart and see that.

• 1 month later...