Most over hyped QB

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have tons of over hyped QB's out today who would you vote the most over hyped?

My vote is Drew Brees. The guy is good, but in no way should he be put in the same sentence as Bret Farve and Peyton Manning

Drew Brees ???? He's a 6 foot even quarterback. He has done nothing but prove all the scouts and critics wrong !! His statistics have been outrageous for a winning team. His teams aren't coming from behind for him to throw for all those yards, and have a Super Bowl ring. San Diego gave up on Brees. LOL. They didn't think he could win the big one. I guarantee that New Orleans is quite happy with Drew Brees.

In the 2010 Season, the most over hyped quarterback in my opinion is Tony Romo. I'm a Cowboys Homer, but Romo can't get the job done in the playoffs.

So does Doug Williams! A superbowl title means you were on a dang good team, not that you are an elite qb!

Ya'll need to leave Doug alone. I would say Mark Rypien, Jim McMahon, and Trent Dilfer before I would bring up what Doug had to go through and went through in the U.S.F.L. . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_wdZwqByF0...=1&index=70 I didn't even watch this game, because I hate the Deadskins. I was busy moving to Jacksonville, TX that day in 1988.

Brees overhyped ?? Not in my book. Not saying he's the best, but he's had to prove himself when everyone was doubting him year after year. Can't see where overhyped applies.

I agree with Eli Manning. He was placed on the throne to begin with because of his name. He's a average to above average QB, but OVERHYPED is true here.

Drew Brees ???? He's a 6 foot even quarterback. He has done nothing but prove all the scouts and critics wrong !! His statistics have been outrageous for a winning team. His teams aren't coming from behind for him to throw for all those yards, and have a Super Bowl ring. San Diego gave up on Brees. LOL. They didn't think he could win the big one. I guarantee that New Orleans is quite happy with Drew Brees.

In the 2010 Season, the most over hyped quarterback in my opinion is Tony Romo. I'm a Cowboys Homer, but Romo can't get the job done in the playoffs.

Tony Romo has done nothing but win games. I agree it took a little long for Tony to win his first playoff game, but if you get in your time machine it took brees alot longer to win a playoff game than it did romo. Brees is an ok quaterback that got some decent players around him that bought into a great coach. If i place bress on the lions do they make the playoffs? Get serious brother stop reading and listening to the saints nation and use your brain :bangin:

Tony Romo has done nothing but win games. I agree it took a little long for Tony to win his first playoff game, but if you get in your time machine it took brees alot longer to win a playoff game than it did romo. Brees is an ok quaterback that got some decent players around him that bought into a great coach. If i place bress on the lions do they make the playoffs? Get serious brother stop reading and listening to the saints nation and use your brain :bangin:

Winning games in the regular season is fine, just ask Dan Marino.

Winning games in the regular season is fine, just ask Dan Marino.

When Tony gets to the age brees is in his carrer he will have more than one title. Look at carrer stats for the same number of years and you will understand. Do your homework Dave :thumbsup:

I STILL dont understand the Romo is overrated. All he has done has stepped in and won games..and now has won a play off game. If people cant see the improvment and growth in Romo's game then they just will not allow themself to admit Romo has and is one of the top QBs in the league. DID not say the TOP QB but one of the top QBs

I STILL dont understand the Romo is overrated. All he has done has stepped in and won games..and now has won a play off game. If people cant see the improvment and growth in Romo's game then they just will not allow themself to admit Romo has and is one of the top QBs in the league. DID not say the TOP QB but one of the top QBs

Couldnt hae said it better myself

It's good to see others are warming up to Romo. He'll get his Super Bowl in due time. Then some of the people that said he is over-rated will be on board and saying they knew it all along. LOL! The man has done nothing but improve every year he has played.

Now.... Doug Williams is a classic example. All the people saying that winning a Super Bowl is the measure of a great QB..... Explain how he won. Same thing with Ely Manning! Neither QB is above average in my "minds eye". They were the product of players around them performing very well.

BTW Romo has shown he can get it done in the playoffs. The only thing proven last year was "it takes the whole team performing well to win. Not just Romo and a few others.

It's good to see others are warming up to Romo. He'll get his Super Bowl in due time. Then some of the people that said he is over-rated will be on board and saying they knew it all along. LOL! The man has done nothing but improve every year he has played.

Now.... Doug Williams is a classic example. All the people saying that winning a Super Bowl is the measure of a great QB..... Explain how he won. Same thing with Ely Manning! Neither QB is above average in my "minds eye". They were the product of players around them performing very well.

BTW Romo has shown he can get it done in the playoffs. The only thing proven last year was "it takes the whole team performing well to win. Not just Romo and a few others.

Space, correct me if I'm wrong a little here, but didn't it take Romo about the same amount of time to win a playoff game as it did Troy Aikman? Troy was a pretty darned good QB the way I remember it. LOL.

The big problem I have with that is Doug Williams and Eli Manning both have Super Bowl wins and Super Bowl MVP honors, Tony Romo has neither. Are you saying that Tony is a way better quarterback and his lack of success is just a product of the players around him?

Eli Manning is the most over-rated QB in my mind even with his Super Bowl MVP. He falls in the class with Trent Dilfer and the other QBs that rode a great defense to a super bowl win. If Eli last name wasn't Manning, he wouldn't be so over-hyped he would be looked at as an average QB. I totally disagreed with Eli being selected as the MVP of that Super Bowl, I thought there were several other players much more deserving.

Space, correct me if I'm wrong a little here, but didn't it take Romo about the same amount of time to win a playoff game as it did Troy Aikman? Troy was a pretty darned good QB the way I remember it. LOL.

Troy Aikman won his first playoff game in the 40th game he started.

Tony Romo won his first playoff game in the 59th game he started.

Peyton Manning won his first playoff game in the 100th game he started.

I know we can spin all kinds of things out of this, but these are just one comparison. I might be off 1 or 2 games.