Guns thread

Wildcat_20

Ok guys lots of websites out there that do this, but I want to hear from my SDC brotherhood. I want to set this thread up for all those gun buyers out there to come here before buying a gun to possibly get feedback from other members who have shot, own, know a guy who owns, or any other connection to that firearm they are considering buying.

I will start it off...

I recently purchased a Kimber 1911 Warrior, however it is on back order and wont be here till September :thumbdown:

anywho I want another .45 to fire off until it gets here and ran across a nice looking SIG model P250 with night sights for $656.00 yesterday...really tempting. Opinions?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah this thread is a good idea. I'm fairly knowledgable about Ak's and Ar's if anyone ever needs advice. But Marlin's are my specialty and most rimfires of any brand. I love small calibers...

Never got into the handguns but I plan to if I can ever get through collecting all the rifles I want.

I've got AN AR...but I got a .223, .308, and .50cal upper for it...I also ordered the masterkey mount so I can mount my defender shotgun under it for added home protection value...also have a ACOG and holographic sight for it with the flashlight mount and modified muzzle to send the noise down range....pistol grip pump on the shotgun will double nicely as a handle. Accessorizing AR's never gets old :D

My wife has a 22/45 MKIII Hunter that she inherited from her grandfather a couple years ago. But she doesn’t let me and my friends play with it if she is not present. LOL You do know...you guys are setting me up for a big “ol “I told you so” from her. So I guess, I should either admit that she is a better shot than me or find a more accurate .22 than hers. [i do wear glasses and she doesn't -yeah that's it :whome: ] So, the Walther is not the one. What about the Buck Mark?

How do the 22/45 MKIII and the MKIII compare to each other – Ruger to Ruger? Same? I do like the lighter weight and angle of the 22/45 grip better than the MKIII. I don't want anything that I have to buy a bunch of aftermarket parts in order to make it more comfortable - I'd rather spend that money on ammo. I guess I'd be better off to invite her everytime - even though she makes all of us guys look like amateurs! LOL

the browning buckmark is a good one also....and the S&W 22A as well.

There are quite a few semi auto .22 pistols that have caught my eye. But personally for me it would be between those three. With the walther and the sig just barely missing the cut.....unless I was wanting to conceal it. If that was the case it would be the sig mosquito.

When it comes to semi auto .22's I would never look beyond my ruger 10/22...best shooting .22 I have ever had

I have a Colt .22 target grade auto loader. I wouldn't give it up for anything. It is extremely accurate and a pleasure to shoot. I don't know how many qualification rounds I have shot with it, but I do know that I've never scored anyting but 100% with it. I would recommend it for anyone especially if they're getting children into shooting. My 8 year old can't miss with it. If there's any drawback to it, it's that the mag release is in a spot that's not friendly with holster carry. More than once I have dropped the magazine on the ground while it was in a holster when I bent over or leaned against something. It's also relatively heavy. Small kids may not be able to hold it up for extended periods.

Colt22TargetModelNew.jpg

When it comes to semi auto .22's I would never look beyond my ruger 10/22...best shooting .22 I have ever had

I've had a 10/22 as far back as I can remember - it was my first gun. I also have a Ruger .44Mag and a .17 - and a few other Rugers including the Rugers my wife has. The only ruger that I have ever been disappointed with was a P89. But in Ruger's defense, I don't care much for 9's anyway.

I have a Colt .22 target grade auto loader. I wouldn't give it up for anything. It is extremely accurate and a pleasure to shoot. I don't know how many qualification rounds I have shot with it, but I do know that I've never scored anyting but 100% with it. I would recommend it for anyone especially if they're getting children into shooting. My 8 year old can't miss with it. If there's any drawback to it, it's that the mag release is in a spot that's not friendly with holster carry. More than once I have dropped the magazine on the ground while it was in a holster when I bent over or leaned against something. It's also relatively heavy. Small kids may not be able to hold it up for extended periods.

Yes, those are very nice, one of my hunting buddies has a similar one.

I got a 10/22 also but I tend to prefer my marlin 795. It has proved to be more accurate. The 795 has a medium profile barrel.

When I was about 10, I mowed yards for nearly nothing all summer to buy a model 60 Marlin. I ordered it from the Sears & Robuck Catalog. It was stolen when I was working and living in Colorado about 28 years ago. :cry:

Definitely check out that Ruger Mark III .22!!!

I shot 200 rounds in a friend's Mark III and it is one accurate pistol. I had one years ago but traded it. I sure wish I could do the "Indian giver" trick and get it back!

My dad had a Ruger MK III and the bad thing about it is you can hit it and it'll accidentally go off! He actually was holstering it and it went off and shot him in the leg! I had to stick my finger in the hole until the medics and fire trucks got there! I have no respect for Rugers! I've seen some bad quality with most of them. A guy I went through police academy with had one and it kept stove piping on him and he was a pretty muscular guy so I know it wasn't his grip!

As far as Kimber goes! OH MAN, THAT IS A DREAM GUN! The slide is smoother than anything you can get! Very good quality gun!

Sig Saur? Thats a great gun too! Trigicon night sights on it are nice too! Try it with a Hogue grip and you'll fall in love!

Walther's are really nice. Especially in .308/9mm short. Very good conceal weapon and backup!

Being a cop, I am biased towards the Remington 870.

HECK YEAH! I have one that my dad died with dear hunting and used it when I went through the academy. It doesn't hold as much ammo as the Mossberg but you could tell the quality was way better!

As far as shooting a .22, it's nice and I can make shotgun shells bounce from several yards away but if that's all your willing to shoot, your letting yourself down. I saw guys that said they were great shots with a .22 that got ahold of a .45 and they couldn't hit the target from 3 feet away! There is a BIG difference in a person's accuracy with the higher caliber rounds! It kinda seperates the men from the boys.

Personally, I like my Berretta 92sf 9mm! I used a S&W .45os and .40os, in the academy! I really liked the .40 caliber but the guys using Berretta's seemed to be better shots. Again that's because of the diefference in rounds.

No we were in the academy when this was happening. We had to clean our guns after every time we used them so that wasn't the issue either. It ended up being something to do with the extractor hook that pulls the casing from the barrel.

I don't know if you ever saw the video where the Highway Patrol/Gray shirt road Nazi's ever got in that shoot out here in Ohio from about 12 years back? Wilmington I think it was? But he had a Beretta .40 and the guy jumps out of the truck and he's spraying at the Patrolman while the Patrolman is side stepping and shooting between vehicles for cover but that guy didn't actualy hit the perp even once! That turned out to be that the gun stove piped as well and the patrolman didn't know and kept pulling the trigger! The Highway Patrol did testing on the .40's and decided to go back to Sig's because the Beretta's seemed to all have that problem! I don't know. I never had a problem with mine!

I'm sorry, I stand corrected. The gun my dad shot himself with on accident was a Ruger Mark 2. Like I said, the Sheriff Dept. seized it and did testing on it and found that the reciever when tapped would cause the gun to fire. I got the gun back but I don't remember what we did with it. Sense it is what ultimatly caused my dad's death, I'm pretty sure my mom took it and threw it in the river.

I prefer Beretta shotguns over Mossberg but then there's the price thing. I'll stick with my Remington.

Hey Five0 do you carry an AR? If so what kind of optics do you use on it?

Factory peeps.

There's an issue being raised about whether puting the special optics on an AR makes it a "precision" weapon. For law-enforcement, a gun having that title would mean having to become "sniper" certified to carry it, for the lack of a better term. Having the peep sights only means I have to qualify with it the same as I do my pistol (once the rifle school is completed).

Nice...just a little info for you, I founf a holographic sight at Gun Doc the other day for $75 that works FANTASTICLLY...and I have an ACOG red dot sight that the military uses that wa $850...I prefer the $75 one :thumbsup: