The Smoakhouse Forums

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, I stand corrected. The gun my dad shot himself with on accident was a Ruger Mark 2. Like I said, the Sheriff Dept. seized it and did testing on it and found that the reciever when tapped would cause the gun to fire. I got the gun back but I don't remember what we did with it. Sense it is what ultimatly caused my dad's death, I'm pretty sure my mom took it and threw it in the river.

I prefer Beretta shotguns over Mossberg but then there's the price thing. I'll stick with my Remington.

Oh man. I'm sorry about your dad. I didn't realize that it had killed him.

Being a cop, I am biased towards the Remington 870.

Five0 I went with the 870...found one for $346 and couldnt resist...got the surefire light and mount for it too :blush:

Hey hares. This is the 54r ammo you should get. Just talked to a buddy of mine that is bigtime into PSL's and he says this is the gold standard of 54r surplus ammo.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?ite...&groupid=40

When I get the money to do it I'm thinking about also getting a PSL or AK in 54r.

Hey Five0 do you carry an AR? If so what kind of optics do you use on it?

Factory peeps.

There's an issue being raised about whether puting the special optics on an AR makes it a "precision" weapon. For law-enforcement, a gun having that title would mean having to become "sniper" certified to carry it, for the lack of a better term. Having the peep sights only means I have to qualify with it the same as I do my pistol (once the rifle school is completed).

Nice...just a little info for you, I founf a holographic sight at Gun Doc the other day for $75 that works FANTASTICLLY...and I have an ACOG red dot sight that the military uses that wa $850...I prefer the $75 one :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
Don't remind me, but you can't put a price on happiness, and for me guns equal :happy65:

Ok, I will never shoot a kimber again. This weekend I am out at the range and my cousin has his Warrior which I have on back order.....stovepiped on me 3 times!!!!!! I have been shooting glocks for years and never once had a jam...No way I am gonna spend $1500 on a pistol that jams that much when I can buy 2 glocks for the same price.

Ok, I will never shoot a kimber again. This weekend I am out at the range and my cousin has his Warrior which I have on back order.....stovepiped on me 3 times!!!!!! I have been shooting glocks for years and never once had a jam...No way I am gonna spend $1500 on a pistol that jams that much when I can buy 2 glocks for the same price.

is it brand new cause it takes a while for 1911's to break in. They have at least a 300 round break in period on top of the fact that you need to be shooting some good loads. 1911's are quirky little pistols but when you get em tuned in just right nothing compares to their accuracy.

He has owned this gun for about 2 to 3 years and carried it in Afghanistan as his service sidearm...I know it has had at least 300 rounds go through it, however that being said I was told it could have been the clips malfunctioning from debris being in them.

• 2 weeks later...

Never shot one personally, but Ruger makes a fine firearm...They get a bad rap because they are on the bottom side of the price scale usually so people (idiots) assume they are cheap...untrue. I own a Ruger 10/22 and I wouldn't own any other brand of rifle in that caliber.

• 2 months later...

My favorite pistol: Springfield 1911A1 Mil-Spec with upgrades

Stuff I did:

1. EGW Thick carry bevel bushing
  2. EGW Ball head disconnector
  3. EGW Full length guide rod
  4. Colt Sear spring
  5. Berryhill Ultimate sear
  6. Berryhill Ultimate hammer
  7. Berryhill Solid match trigger, short / smooth face
  8. STI Titanium hammer strut
  9. S&A Grip safety
  10. S&A Magwell
  11. Fusion Extended magazine release
  12. Ahrends Cocobolo tactical grips
  13. Springs - Wolff (factory spec. with the exception of a 14# recoil)

Trip to the Springfield Custom Shop (12.5 week turn-around):

1. Heinie Sights - SlantPro wide notch rear / tritium dot front
  2. Ed Brown HC slide stop
  3. Ed Brown Tactical thumb safety
  4. EGW HD extractor
  5. EGW OS firing pin stop w/ .06 radius
  6. Fit slide to frame
  7. Checker front strap @ 25 LPI
  8. Bevel Magwell to frame
  9. Polish feed ramp & throat barrel
  10. Re-crown muzzle @ 11 degrees
  11. Re-blue w/ flats polished to 400 grit

PICT0609.jpg

PICT0607.jpg

PICT0600.jpg

^ Nice, dang nice. Out of my "league" but nice.

Thanks! It's mostly a range/target/fun gun. And a sweet shooter for sure.

I've got AN AR...but I got a .223, .308, and .50cal upper for it...I also ordered the masterkey mount so I can mount my defender shotgun under it for added home protection value...also have a ACOG and holographic sight for it with the flashlight mount and modified muzzle to send the noise down range....pistol grip pump on the shotgun will double nicely as a handle. Accessorizing AR's never gets old :D

I know this is probably a stupid question but is the shotgun undermount supposed to be like a m203? I know with airsoft rifles they do that and all the bb's are loaded into a grenade type device that holds co2 or green gas. I know thats not the same but is that like a m203 to a larger scale or something? I've always wanted to get a Bushmaster .203 but the money is just too much. I like the Smith and Wesson version of the AR too but then your really gettting into the money for that one. HK has a really nice lookin "assualt" rifle that kinda looks like a gr36, or as close to assualt as you can legally get now.....lol When I was in the academy some 15 years ago we had a guy from BCI who had clearance for actual automatic weapons and he brought a AK to the range. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with that thing cause it really did spray and pray.

Haven't read the entire thread, but does anyone out there have a 16 gauge shotgun? I know they are rare. What are your thoughts? I may have an opportunity to get one, but am curious if they are valuable or not.

Thanks, be sweet! :flowers:

Not as valuable as an 8 gauge with paper shells! They used to make the 16 gauge with a .22 barrel right beside it. Kind of an odd looking thing! As far as I know, you can still get 16 gauge shells fairly easy

Factory peeps.

There's an issue being raised about whether puting the special optics on an AR makes it a "precision" weapon. For law-enforcement, a gun having that title would mean having to become "sniper" certified to carry it, for the lack of a better term. Having the peep sights only means I have to qualify with it the same as I do my pistol (once the rifle school is completed).

FiveO, does it seem to you that using a scope or any type of optics isn't normal? I was raised on open sights and scopes just seem to drive me ####! I can shoot ten times better with open sights but obviously there's a distance issue that can't be overcome with common eyesight but scopes just don't seem natural to me for some reason...... :hmm: