*THE OFFICIAL THREAD OF THE 2010 ALL-STAR GAME*

225px-LAAbaseball2010_all-star_logo.JPG

7900.jpg8175.jpg

Ubaldo Jiménez (15-1, 2.20)
vs.
David Price (12-4, 2.42)

7pm FOX

:pointer: some of the more smug sports fans find honor in scoffing the direction of all-star games, but the MLB All-Star Game is one of my favorite events of the Summer. It resembles a regular season game more than the all-star games of the other three major team sports. No other sport has All-Star game occurrences among its greatest moments the way Baseball does.

[END COMMENTARY]

Two games were played each season from 1959 to 1962 to help increase the players' pension funds. To prevent the growing concusses that two games a year was diminishing the game, it returned to a single event in 1963.

I have always been an American League guy and Mickey Mantle follower. Hated the 60's because the NL dominated. The tide has turned as it always does and the AL seems to be the dominant side now. Amazingly enough the total cumulative runs scored in the All-Star Game classic since the first game is 339 for the American and 336 for the National. I think sometimes it looks like the players try not to want to take any chances of getting hurt and come up with some sort of excuse to take a seat on the bench as soon as possible.

No matter what anyone says it is still the best All-Star Game......by far, of any of the big 3 sports. Baseball's All-Star Game is far better than the football or basketball All-Star games..

I have always been an American League guy and Mickey Mantle follower. Hated the 60's because the NL dominated. The tide has turned as it always does and the AL seems to be the dominant side now. Amazingly enough the total cumulative runs scored in the All-Star Game classic since the first game is 339 for the American and 336 for the National. I think sometimes it looks like the players try not to want to take any chances of getting hurt and come up with some sort of excuse to take a seat on the bench as soon as possible.

No matter what anyone says it is still the best All-Star Game......by far, of any of the big 3 sports. Baseball's All-Star Game is far better than the football or basketball All-Star games..

UPDATE: now it's AL=340 NL=339

That's about right - when the Rangers have a legitamate chance to make it to the big show - the NL gets home field. :no:

Camuchs, don't panic. Rangers are still in this and having home field advantage will not effect you if you win in 5 or 6 games. Let us all be positive here. :texrangers: are still looking good.

Oh, I have not lost hope. Was just hoping for more home games in the event it goes 7. Of course a sweep would be my preference!!!