• Yes, it is a rite of passage for rookies
    • Yes, it helps bring team unity
    • No, he's there to catch not to carry pads
    • No, hazing is bad

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dez is taking this way too serious. The better way to handle this would be to "do it". Then, later on "if and when" he ends up being a starter late in the season ask Roy to carry his pads and helmet. LOL! That would be just great and it would bring a laugh to all involved. Even Roy would think it is funny.

I love the way ESPN trys to tear a team apart by just continually talking about something this small. Should he have carried the pads, yes but ESPN is making it sound like he commited murder or something. If I was Jerry I would tell Dez to do it because ESPN just loves to run the Cowboys in the ground. But he should do it because he's a rookie.

I love the way ESPN trys to tear a team apart by just continually talking about something this small. Should he have carried the pads, yes but ESPN is making it sound like he commited murder or something. If I was Jerry I would tell Dez to do it because ESPN just loves to run the Cowboys in the ground. But he should do it because he's a rookie.

about as right as you can be...i wouldn't go as far as calling him TO jr. or anything...but he certainly doesn't need to add anything extra for the media

Dez needs to realize that as of right now, he has done nothing and he has accomplished nothing. Rookies carrying veterans pads is just something that is done in every training camp, at least for a few days. They also buy the veterans meals etc., etc. No one is picking on Dez. He needs to relax and take it all in and at least try and get along with his "teammates" and not rock the boat. This was not a smart move on Dez's part.

no way should he carry roys pads...if it were miles austin or somebody that would have been different, have yall seen some of the stuff roy has said about him??? AND CALLIN HIM TO JR IS A FLAT OUT INSULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DEZ HAS BEEN FIRST THERE AND LAST TO LEAVE....LETS NOT FORGET HE COULD HAVE PULLED A CRABTREE AND HELD OUT, BUT HE ISNT THAT TYPE OF PERSON.............

I bet ya one of those veteran DB's will light him up! and knock some of his cocky, rookie, self-righteousness out of him...if you know what I mean!

I am sure he will get popped sooner or later but all videos i have seen he has been makin jenkins and them look stupid...

It's a rite of passage. He was great in college, but hasn't caught a single pass in the NFL yet. He needs the respect of his teammates. In my opinion,by not carrying the pads shows that he isn't a team player. Hmmm....T.O. all over again? <_<

no way should he carry roys pads...if it were miles austin or somebody that would have been different, have yall seen some of the stuff roy has said about him??? AND CALLIN HIM TO JR IS A FLAT OUT INSULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DEZ HAS BEEN FIRST THERE AND LAST TO LEAVE....LETS NOT FORGET HE COULD HAVE PULLED A CRABTREE AND HELD OUT, BUT HE ISNT THAT TYPE OF PERSON.............

Why would it be ok to carry Austin's pads? Look at their careers, RW is more accomplished..Austin one good year and basically NOTHING before that

And what has RW said? Most I have heard is him saying he is not ready to lose his job to the rookie

Time will tell. He's well on his way!!!!

I really think that it comes down to a respect thing...we dont know how roy asked him or anything like that...If he gets asked again I think he should go ahead and do it, but do like herm edwards said, beat him out for the job then tell him to carry your pads...I read some where that roy said somthin bout takin his credit card and buying everyone drinks and food...IMO that would be takin it a little too far....

I really think that it comes down to a respect thing...we dont know how roy asked him or anything like that...If he gets asked again I think he should go ahead and do it, but do like herm edwards said, beat him out for the job then tell him to carry your pads...I read some where that roy said somthin bout takin his credit card and buying everyone drinks and food...IMO that would be takin it a little too far....

Actually RW said that kind of stuff happens when a rookie does not go with the program, vets will steal their card and stuff..he never said HE was going to do it

and the whole point of a vet doing it is not to ask nicely..they dont say excuse me would you please..it is hey rook grab my gear now. All about knowing where you belong on the team at this point of the season

Actually RW said that kind of stuff happens when a rookie does not go with the program, vets will steal their card and stuff..he never said HE was going to do it

and the whole point of a vet doing it is not to ask nicely..they dont say excuse me would you please..it is hey rook grab my gear now. All about knowing where you belong on the team at this point of the season

I guess i kinda see your point, but I do think it was just different with roy....i do believe if had been anybody else nobody would have said a word...The media wanted some kinda roy and dez problems, if it wasnt this it would have been somthin else...go watch the entire video on dallascowboys.com you can tell that dez didnt mean any disrespect......

Nope, nothing like Roy Williams at all. Roy took his lumps and toted pads as a rookie, just like all the rookies who are good teammates and not primma donnas.

Roy toted pads as a rookie for the Cowboys? REALLY? I had no idea....

I thought he just ran poor routes, dropped passes, and wrecked the salary cap for the Cowboys.

sidenote: funny you can't type the word that means the round things used in foot###, base###, or soccer

Roy needs to go. He is the problem.

I agree I think roy planned this whole thing, he knew that dez wouldnt do it thats why he went to the press and told them..roy knows his time is limtied...btw has anyone noticed how much dez is out workin roy??? cmon man lets get over this and worry bout winning games thats ALL THAT MATTERS!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree I think roy planned this whole thing, he knew that dez wouldnt do it thats why he went to the press and told them..roy knows his time is limtied...btw has anyone noticed how much dez is out workin roy??? cmon man lets get over this and worry bout winning games thats ALL THAT MATTERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I have not seen a live practice..so I have to ask..how do you know who is outworking who unless your down there( which you might be lol).

Most things I have read say both look good early, but again it is early