Dez is a receiver, not Roy's valet

Should Dez tote Roy's pads?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Should Dez tote Roy's pads?

• Yes, it is a rite of passage for rookies
    • Yes, it helps bring team unity
    • No, he's there to catch not to carry pads
    • No, hazing is bad

During school days? Heck, I'm picked on a lot on here NOW.

Point about Drew was accidents happen. Would you all be so cavalier about it if Dez reached down to pick up Roys pads and pulled a muscle? Tweaked a knee?

To Roy's credit, he didn't force the issue. But this hazing of others is wrong. Period.

Typer, since you've finally genuinely and seriously addressed a subject I feel I can respond to your statement(s) even though I don't agree with your opinion on this particular issue.

I feel simple hazing such as carrying pads and getting silly looking haircuts like the rookie Cowboy offensive linemen were given isn't bad at all and actually has some benefits to it. It's like a progression of life. Take school for instance as in just in general. When you are in 6th grade you're the big men on campus, then you move on to 7th grade where you're the little guys again, but the next year you're an 8th grader and you're on the football team and you're the older group. Then you move up to high school where you are without a doubt the little fish in the big pond with three graduating classes ahead of you in the same school.

Hazing that's held in check and not meant to physically hurt anyone is 100% ok with me, because it just helps people from taking themselves too seriously and may bring some people down off of any high horse they may have mounted coming out of college.

Now, on to more serious issues with you Mr. TyperWoods. You mentioned to another poster you got picked on here on SDC now. Let me tell you something, you've completely brought it upon yourself! Before and after the national championship game all you could do was rag on UT as hard and often as you could yet unwilling to declare your team of choice so everyone would see where you were coming from. I mean, you do understand that's kind an unwritten rule where you should make it known which team you support when you're posting on a college football forum, right?

Anyhow, you continued your bashing of the Longhorns until you had all the UT fans on this board up in arms with mythical pitchforks and torches hunting you down every time you posted anything, because all you could do was bring down the Longhorns. Then one day you decided to hit UT from the inside and make all of these outlandish over the top homer statements in favor of UT no matter how retarded. On top of that you put the Longhorn logo as your avatar and even had some of the Aggie fans who aren't too familiar yet with the past proceedings to know you are a Longhorn hater in disguise.

The reason you get picked on by UT fans on this board is 100% your fault due to the actions you've taken on this site.

Please take off the Longhorn logo, and go back to being yourself, which was bad enough, but I liked you better as just an out and out UT hater who refused to make public his/her favorite school rather than what you've been posing as over the last 3 weeks to month.

Please, please, please do that for all of us. We all know you don't like UT and I'd rather see you bash Texas as a noncommittal fan than trying to pull the wool over people's eyes and attempting to make Texas and Texas fans look arrogant and pompous posing as a UT fan.

What you've been doing is completely childish and a waste of your time and our time as we all know the little game you've been playing.

Maybe you'll reply to this post and deflect all of it in an attempt to keep concealed your true feelings for UT and your plan to implode Texas from within or maybe, just maybe, you'll act like a real man or woman with dignity and remove the Longhorn logo, quit the lying and even make known the school you support be it Alabama, OU, A&M or Rutgers. I'd be thrilled if you would only go back to being the TyperWoods of old, but if you'd do all three of the things I suggest I and possibly everyone on SDC who knows what you've been doing would have a newfound respect for you and you wouldn't be picked on anymore when posting on this site.

I guarantee if you'd remove the Longhorn logo as your avatar, quit posing as a UT fan and make known your school of choice you wouldn't be attacked anymore and people would take you seriously and you'd actually be part of the SDC community and be able to post your true feelings and have intelligent dialogue with Sooner fans, Aggie fans, Longhorn fans and so on.

Please consider this for me, for everyone else who participates with the daily activities here on SDC and most of all, do it for yourself.

:)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typer, since you've finally genuinely and seriously addressed a subject I feel I can respond to your statement(s) even though I don't agree with your opinion on this particular issue.

I feel simple hazing such as carrying pads and getting silly looking haircuts like the rookie Cowboy offensive linemen were given isn't bad at all and actually has some benefits to it. It's like a progression of life. Take school for instance as in just in general. When you are in 6th grade you're the big men on campus, then you move on to 7th grade where you're the little guys again, but the next year you're an 8th grader and you're on the football team and you're the older group. Then you move up to high school where you are without a doubt the little fish in the big pond with three graduating classes ahead of you in the same school.

Hazing that's held in check and not meant to physically hurt anyone is 100% ok with me, because it just helps people from taking themselves too seriously and may bring some people down off of any high horse they may have mounted coming out of college.

Now, on to more serious issues with you Mr. TyperWoods. You mentioned to another poster you got picked on here on SDC now. Let me tell you something, you've completely brought it upon yourself! Before and after the national championship game all you could do was rag on UT as hard and often as you could yet unwilling to declare your team of choice so everyone would see where you were coming from. I mean, you do understand that's kind an unwritten rule where you should make it known which team you support when you're posting on a college football forum, right?

Anyhow, you continued your bashing of the Longhorns until you had all the UT fans on this board up in arms with mythical pitchforks and torches hunting you down every time you posted anything, because all you could do was bring down the Longhorns. Then one day you decided to hit UT from the inside and make all of these outlandish over the top homer statements in favor of UT no matter how retarded. On top of that you put the Longhorn logo as your avatar and even had some of the Aggie fans who aren't too familiar yet with the past proceedings to know you are a Longhorn hater in disguise.

The reason you get picked on by UT fans on this board is 100% your fault due to the actions you've taken on this site.

Please take off the Longhorn logo, and go back to being yourself, which was bad enough, but I liked you better as just an out and out UT hater who refused to make public his/her favorite school rather than what you've been posing as over the last 3 weeks to month.

Please, please, please do that for all of us. We all know you don't like UT and I'd rather see you bash Texas as a noncommittal fan than trying to pull the wool over people's eyes and attempting to make Texas and Texas fans look arrogant and pompous posing as a UT fan.

What you've been doing is completely childish and a waste of your time and our time as we all know the little game you've been playing.

Maybe you'll reply to this post and deflect all of it in an attempt to keep concealed your true feelings for UT and your plan to implode Texas from within or maybe, just maybe, you'll act like a real man or woman with dignity and remove the Longhorn logo, quit the lying and even make known the school you support be it Alabama, OU, A&M or Rutgers. I'd be thrilled if you would only go back to being the TyperWoods of old, but if you'd do all three of the things I suggest I and possibly everyone on SDC who knows what you've been doing would have a newfound respect for you and you wouldn't be picked on anymore when posting on this site.

I guarantee if you'd remove the Longhorn logo as your avatar, quit posing as a UT fan and make known your school of choice you wouldn't be attacked anymore and people would take you seriously and you'd actually be part of the SDC community and be able to post your true feelings and have intelligent dialogue with Sooner fans, Aggie fans, Longhorn fans and so on.

Please consider this for me, for everyone else who participates with the daily activities here on SDC and most of all, do it for yourself.

:)

Your guarantee is worthless.

But, thanks to you and my other Texas brethren, I have seen the light and instead of being objective I now root for the best team in history. I am now no longer attacked because of some perceived bias against a school, but merely attacked because others are jealous of Texas and all we've accomplished. HOOK'EM.

If you care to go back and find where I ever outright bashed Texas, feel free. But you couldn't do it back then and I certainly don't think you can do it now since my fellow Texas fans have convinced me that Texas is indeed the best ever and no one else will ever measure up to us.

As long as I am allowed to post here, and we all know the deck is stacked against that, I think I'll keep posting as I like and you can keep posting as you like. I'll respond to merits of posts and not posting habits. I'm certainly not thinskinned enough to complain about how someone else posts. That's something people who support lessor schools do. HOOK'EM!

It was reported on the ABC's Saturday GMA show that the Supreme Court justices routinely haze the newest member to the court. They are expected to answer the door when the donuts are being delivered and made to tally the vote.

In my opinion, hazing has its place in "team building". I will agree, when we try to one up the group before - it can get dangerous.

The problem in this case, the wrong person asked him to carry his pads. If Romo had made the request, Bryant would have been a fool not to be part of the team.

Your guarantee is worthless.

But, thanks to you and my other Texas brethren, I have seen the light and instead of being objective I now root for the best team in history. I am now no longer attacked because of some perceived bias against a school, but merely attacked because others are jealous of Texas and all we've accomplished. HOOK'EM.

If you care to go back and find where I ever outright bashed Texas, feel free. But you couldn't do it back then and I certainly don't think you can do it now since my fellow Texas fans have convinced me that Texas is indeed the best ever and no one else will ever measure up to us.

As long as I am allowed to post here, and we all know the deck is stacked against that, I think I'll keep posting as I like and you can keep posting as you like. I'll respond to merits of posts and not posting habits. I'm certainly not thinskinned enough to complain about how someone else posts. That's something people who support lessor schools do. HOOK'EM!

I'm sorry to say my final attempt with you has failed miserably.

Your obsession (hate) with/for Texas has completely consumed you to the point you're attempting to fool people into thinking you're a true UT fan yet in your posts you can't help but blatantly demean real UT fans with statements such as this: "I have seen the light and instead of being objective I now root for the best team in history."

Ridiculous. I'm done with you, and in my estimation the sooner you leave SDC never to return the better. Good riddance!

:mad:

I'm sorry to say my final attempt with you has failed miserably.

Your obsession (hate) with/for Texas has completely consumed you to the point you're attempting to fool people into thinking you're a true UT fan yet in your posts you can't help but blatantly demean real UT fans with statements such as this: "I have seen the light and instead of being objective I now root for the best team in history."

Ridiculous. I'm done with you, and in my estimation the sooner you leave SDC never to return the better. Good riddance!

:mad:

I take that to mean you aren't going to dig up somewhere that I trashed Texas? Much like the last time you and others accused me of that, you couldn't find anywhere. You know, they say if you keep repeating a lie people will start to believe it.

If you don't like me supporting Texas, think of it as harmless hazing.

There, that makes it better for you, doesn't it? You said harmless hazing was ok.

HOOK'EM!

I take that to mean you aren't going to dig up somewhere that I trashed Texas? Much like the last time you and others accused me of that, you couldn't find anywhere. You know, they say if you keep repeating a lie people will start to believe it.

If you don't like me supporting Texas, think of it as harmless hazing.

There, that makes it better for you, doesn't it? You said harmless hazing was ok.

HOOK'EM!

Maybe this time it's your feeling for RW that are coming out. Which is fine with me. But, it is still disrespectful to not do these things when a senior pro player asks a rookie to do this. As long as it's safe, moral and not against any religious beliefs. It would not matter if it was a second year player asking. Do it!

Maybe this time it's your feeling for RW that are coming out. Which is fine with me. But, it is still disrespectful to not do these things when a senior pro player asks a rookie to do this. As long as it's safe, moral and not against any religious beliefs. It would not matter if it was a second year player asking. Do it!

It's also disrespectful to tell another player to tote your pads.

As far as RW goes, I thought he was a disappointment last season. I had expected that having an offseason to get familiar with the offense, and not having a nagging injury harassing him, he would step up and be the receiver the Cowboys thought he was when they traded for him. I hope he does well this season, but he should concentrate on improving his performance instead of who is toting his baggage.

After seeing Tim Tebow's new haircut, I bet he would have rather toted the whole teams' pads.

The first thing I thought when I saw Tebow's new look was....Tebow can take a haircut that looks horrendous, but Bryant couldnt carry a vets pads.

It's also disrespectful to tell another player to tote your pads.

As far as RW goes, I thought he was a disappointment last season. I had expected that having an offseason to get familiar with the offense, and not having a nagging injury harassing him, he would step up and be the receiver the Cowboys thought he was when they traded for him. I hope he does well this season, but he should concentrate on improving his performance instead of who is toting his baggage.

You really need to get out more often. To even think RW was disrespectful is ludicrous. RW concentrates more than enough on being a better player. I'm guessing you don't have a clue as to what a sense of humor is.

Imagine DEZ with a haircut like Tim Tebow. Also imagine how cool it would be if RW did the honors!!! :rofl:

You really need to get out more often. To even think RW was disrespectful is ludicrous. RW concentrates more than enough on being a better player. I'm guessing you don't have a clue as to what a sense of humor is.

Imagine DEZ with a haircut like Tim Tebow. Also imagine how cool it would be if RW did the honors!!! :rofl:

You are misquoting me.

I said telling someone else to tote your pads is disrespectful.

That is very different from saying RW, who had a good catch last night, is disrespectful.

I have a very keen sense of humor, I won't attack others on this board by characterizing theirs. But, I will say the fact that this thread is still going on is hilarious in my opinion.

Just to completely blow the TyperHaters minds out there: I have never stated Dez shouldn't have carried Roy's pads. Now THAT is funny!

I haven't read all the post in this thread, so forgive me if this has already been brought up.

There was a lot of talk before training camp about Dez taking RW job this year. Roy is under the gun by a rookie.

Did Roy do it just to take a stab at Dez?

If someone other than RW had told Dez to carry his pads to the locker room, I wonder if he would have just grabbed them and headed off the field?

Anybody know what kind of pads Roy uses?

KoTEX, I'm guessing.

HOOK'EM!

Ok then your not disrespectful or condescending with your statements.

Typerwoods 6:57 today..... "You are misquoting me.

That is very different from saying RW, who had a good catch last night, is disrespectful.

I have a very keen sense of humor, I won't attack others on this board by characterizing theirs. But, I will say the fact that this thread is still going on is hilarious in my opinion.

Just to completely blow the TyperHaters minds out there: I have never stated Dez shouldn't have carried Roy's pads. Now THAT is funny!"

Everything your saying on here points to you not believing Dez should have carried RW's pads. That's fine for you to believe that. Just don't start hedging on your statements.

Ok then your not disrespectful or condescending with your statements.

Did I ever claim I was or wasn't? I'll save you the trouble of looking it up....no, I didn't.

Typerwoods 6:57 today..... "You are misquoting me.

Just to completely blow the TyperHaters minds out there: I have never stated Dez shouldn't have carried Roy's pads. Now THAT is funny!"

Everything your saying on here points to you not believing Dez should have carried RW's pads. That's fine for you to believe that. Just don't start hedging on your statements.

I'm not hedging on anything. Read the black parts. Hazing is wrong, that's what I've said. I don't care if everybody does it and nobody gets hurt by it, it's still wrong. As a person with a Bible verse in your sig I would think you would understand that. Are you with me or are you pro-hazing?

I have already stated very clearly my beliefs on hazing. Look it up. Those beliefs do not contradict my biblical beliefs. I am assuming your idea of pro-hazing is very different from what I believe the hazing in the NFL is (under normal circumstances. The extreme side of hazing is dangerous and unlawful. That is a completely different scenario. I do not believe any of the incidences described by (or about) the players is dangerous or unlawful.

I also pointed out that you said it was disrespectful of RW doing or saying something, and you end up doing the same thing that you point out RW did.

Okay, now it seems we are still talking in circles. We have beat the "dead horse" over and over.

Found on Dictionary.com

Hazing - to subject (freshmen, newcomers, etc.) to abusive or humiliating tricks and ridicule.

What Dez was asked to do was not hazing. It was not abusive, it would not have humiliated him, and he was only ridiculed because he chose not to do it.

Typer - you have to be the most passive/aggressive person I've ever come across in a forum. This is not necessarily a bad thing; my wife and family have told me I'm P/A my whole life. I just wish you would pick a side and go with it. You argue that the incident is a form of hazing and it is wrong. Yet you come back and make a point to let everyone know that you "have never stated Dez shouldn't have carried Roy's pads." Which is it? You spend way too much time straddling the fence.

Typer - please anwer clearly with a yes or no. Should Dez have carried Roy's pads? Do you think Roy asking Dez to carry his pads is a form of hazing? Do you think all hazing is wrong?

Found on Dictionary.com

Hazing - to subject (freshmen, newcomers, etc.) to abusive or humiliating tricks and ridicule.

What Dez was asked to do was not hazing. It was not abusive, it would not have humiliated him, and he was only ridiculed because he chose not to do it.

Typer - you have to be the most passive/aggressive person I've ever come across in a forum. This is not necessarily a bad thing; my wife and family have told me I'm P/A my whole life. I just wish you would pick a side and go with it. You argue that the incident is a form of hazing and it is wrong. Yet you come back and make a point to let everyone know that you "have never stated Dez shouldn't have carried Roy's pads." Which is it? You spend way too much time straddling the fence.

Typer - please anwer clearly with a yes or no. Should Dez have carried Roy's pads? Do you think Roy asking Dez to carry his pads is a form of hazing? Do you think all hazing is wrong?

I'm very literal, not so much passive/aggressive.

I do think telling someone to carry your pads, in this instance, is a way of saying "you are not as good as I am", and ridicule on a personal level. Certainly, requiring rookies (or anyone) to do or submit to something out of the ordinary, merely because they are rookies, is a form of ridicule on a professional level - they are ridiculing rookies. So, yes, I think it fits the definition of hazing that you posted.

Roy should not have told Dez to carry his pads, if indeed he did. If he merely asked, I would say lacking threats (which Roy DID subsequently seemed to allude to making), that would be fine.

Dez should not have HAD to carry Roy's pads, however, if the situation is not escalated by Roy or Dez, it's not a big deal. And Dez didn't have to carry Roy's pads....because he ultimately didn't.

I'm rather ambivalent about it, at this point it's very mild hazing at worst. At it's root, I suppose all hazing is wrong - however, I think generally it depends on both intent and how the person who is on the receiving end reacts/feels about it. I think it best to accept good natured ribbing/hazing from friends and teammates.

And, I think this was intended as good natured. I'm not sure Dez received it that way though, in which case, Roy should apologize/try to explain. Whether he did that or not, I don't know; he deserves some credit for not escalating it. And Dez claims ignorance about hazing customs in the NFL, and seems to be ok with it now that someone has explained it to him. So, I think at this point, it's all well and fine.

I do find hilarious the reactions to it though.

I also pointed out that you said it was disrespectful of RW doing or saying something, and you end up doing the same thing that you point out RW did.

So?

I don't think I've ever claimed to not make disrespectful comments at time. Everybody does. Most jokes about people could be taken as disrepectful to a degree.

I try not to bash schools or other posters.

They can't help it that they aren't the University of Texas, they can only try to emulate our greatness. HOOK'EM!

So?

I don't think I've ever claimed to not make disrespectful comments at time. Everybody does. Most jokes about people could be taken as disrepectful to a degree.

I try not to bash schools or other posters.

They can't help it that they aren't the University of Texas, they can only try to emulate our greatness. HOOK'EM!

Wow! I'm stunned! ROFL!!!

One side note..... Do you REALLY believe Dez is naive enough to not understand what was asked of him? I'll guarantee all the rookies know about this. IT is even talked about in meetings that all rookies have to attend. With Dez being a top athlete and has gone through school, and been someone that other classmates looked up to because of his status ...... I do believe he has been around the block is knows a thing or two.

Wow! I'm stunned! ROFL!!!

One side note..... Do you REALLY believe Dez is naive enough to not understand what was asked of him? I'll guarantee all the rookies know about this. IT is even talked about in meetings that all rookies have to attend. With Dez being a top athlete and has gone through school, and been someone that other classmates looked up to because of his status ...... I do believe he has been around the block is knows a thing or two.

Dez has had enough....mmmmmm......things that make you go "huh"? (like not having his favorite shoes to run the most important 40 yd dash of his life).....that I would not be surprised if he didn't understand. But yes, it is a bit incredulous, in my opinion, if he truly didn't know that stuff was traditional.

Maybe he had his Ipod on when they were telling him about it. LOL

Dez has had enough....mmmmmm......things that make you go "huh"? (like not having his favorite shoes to run the most important 40 yd dash of his life).....that I would not be surprised if he didn't understand. But yes, it is a bit incredulous, in my opinion, if he truly didn't know that stuff was traditional.

Maybe he had his Ipod on when they were telling him about it. LOL

point taken... Maybe they will work on his vocabulary and some speech work. He will need to because the media will still be on him for every detail.