Should Tiger be a captain's pick for the Ryder Cup?

FlowJack

Should Tiger be a captain's pick for the Ryder Cup?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. If he doesn't qualify on his own...

• Yes
    • No

• 2 weeks later...

Tiger is not exactly racking up the Ryder Cup points this week. He was awfully cocky in his pre-tournament interviews about qualifying for the team via the points. He is currently in 78th place out of 80 golfers at the Bridgestone Invitational.

Pavin says he will pick Woods as a captain's pick (according to Jim Gray)...oh, and the top 8 get to play with him! :wacko:

Golf drama. Gotta love it.

From ESPN.com

"I would not disrespect any of the players that are potential players on the team, and obviously there was misinterpretation of what I said."

Pavin described Wednesday's incident with Gray in detail. Gray approached Pavin after a news conference Wednesday, and they stood no more than a foot apart, facing off. Pavin's wife, Lisa, pulled out her mobile phone and recorded the conversation.

"He went n.uts when he came in here," Pavin told reporters. "He said, 'You're going down,' then he turned around and walked away and I'm like, 'Down for what? You making stuff up?'"

IF Tiger earns enough points to qualify, sure put him on the team I guess. I don't think after last weekends tourney and depending on what he does this weekend (he was -1 after yesterdays round I think) I kinda doubt he can pick up enough points. If he doesn't get enough points, then no, he shouldn't be on the team. He's never been to successful in the Ryder Cup anyway has he?

I think the divorce being final will help him! I would love to have him as a pick if I was the capt. His presence alone will force monty into playing two strong players against him and leave some of our hotter players with less challenging matches. Trust me they all know if he catches fire and gets that spark back he could be unbeatable!!! The team might be just what he needs also to get him out of his funk!! He has never had people pulling against him till now and this will get them back to pulling for him. I think its just what the doctor ordered.

Also the PGA tour needs him to get it back!! They are aboout to re negotiate tv deals and without Tiger playing like Tiger the money will not be near the same. I got that from the golf channel!!!

If you have never been thru divorce especially with kids it takes some time to get right again!! I wish he woould have just played thru it but everyone deals with it in different ways. I think he is about to explode again especially working with an instructor again.

Golf needs him ad so does Phil!!!!

I think the divorce being final will help him as well. They all will begin to have some routines in their lives now. Hopefully everything works out the best for those children. Tiger played well today, tied for the lead with 1 hole left in his round. I think if he plays well this week then he will be a pick. I think it will be difficult for Pavin not to pick him.

Picking Tiger as a Captain's pick is probably one of the easiest decisions in the history of the Ryder Cup. Despite all of the drama from a couple of weeks ago with Pavin and Jim Grey, Pavin's only decision is who are the other 3.

The concept of "Tiger didn't qualify automatically, so he shouldn't be on the team" doesn't make any sense at all. 4 of the 12 members of the team are Captain's picks since only 8 make it off of the points list. No captain wants the top 12 players on that list to be his team......he would probably prefer to have 12 picks.