Thomas returns to hometown to coach Cushing

eagles66

For the story on the new coach at Cushing, please click below:

http://dailysentinel.com/sports/brandon_og...1cc4c002e0.html

Coach Thomas is a great coach. He coached me in football and baseball in 1988. He left and coached at Chapel Hill in 1989 and was part of the coaching staff that took them to a state championship. He was one of the best coaches I ever had. I wish him luck in Cushing.

We love him and are very excited about Coach Thomas coming home!

It's a Great day for some Football. Expectations are high and enthusiasm is off the chart. Welcome home Coach Thomas and welcome to BearKat country to the new staff members.

Coach Thomas is a great coach. He coached me in football and baseball in 1988. He left and coached at Chapel Hill in 1989 and was part of the coaching staff that took them to a state championship. He was one of the best coaches I ever had. I wish him luck in Cushing.

Small world. I probably watched you play baseball at JT. Your lefty pitcher back then is my first cousin. We liked Coach Thomas here in Bullard. Wish he would have stayed around.

No doubt he is better than James Bogue. Is there any word on whether Bogue finally decided to stay at home and stop ruining schools? I'm sure he will serve in an advisory capacity if Coach Thomas feels the need.

Hey Kat77, I guess misterbball05 just can not pass up a chance to prod, gig or rub a little salt in a old wound. Maybe some day he will give it a rest.

And I am Supremely Confident Coach Thomas and his most excellent staff will not require or need any input. :thumbsup:

I had the privilege to not only play for Coach Thomas but also I coached with him for a time. He taught me so much not only in Xs and Os but also how to treat your players and your fellow coaches. I wish him good luck and I am sure he can "feel the Humility out there" in bearkat land.

• 2 weeks later...