Carthage and Gilmer overrated?

footballguy44

After this weekend all i been hearing is

:nowhearthis: Number 1-Carthage-o line d line small Morgan has no protection with star safety out the big linebacker only bright spot they have no wonder the famous cocky Carthage fans are Speechless

:nowhearthis: Number 2Gilmer are small this year Luke Turner will be a force to be deal with but a QB with no weapons is a QB with no weapons where the stud RB that has Gilmer so excited??

Henderson has the biggest team in district they shut out hallsville 4to0 with the stud d lineman fletcher getting 6 tackles for losses and the twin leading the HUGE D questions at QB still

Pitts QB with no weapons Mitch gonna have to be great for them to crack into playoffs dd should be good with Koe

Gladewater SPEED SPEED SPEED,,,thats all though \

Springhill good o but this district is built for speed and d so maybe next year

Moral Henderson could upset for district title against Carthage,,Gilmer closely behind

Thanks for reading this is a 17 year olf boy posting this ill keep yal updated :notworthy:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Gilmer and Carthage overrated and the season hasnt even started? So, you are basing this comment off of a couple of scrimmages? Incredible. Did momma forget to sign out and turn the computer off? Im sure both Gilmer and Carthage will show you how overrated they are when and if they play whatever team you rah rah for.

Wow, Gilmer and Carthage overrated and the season hasnt even started? So, you are basing this comment off of a couple of scrimmages? Incredible. Did momma forget to sign out and turn the computer off? Im sure both Gilmer and Carthage will show you how overrated they are when and if they play whatever team you rah rah for.

WoW you seem to be taking that very personally

I don't think Carthage or Gilmer are overrated. I think that they had their first scrimmage and they are in the process of seeing what they need to improve on. I get a kick out of reading all this stuff and watching everyone right off their teams or talk bad about teams in a scrimmage. Scrimmages are not for winning they are for observing and analyzing your talent. I don't think that winning or losing a scrimmage goes for or against your record so I wouldn't place to much worth in it. I know from what I have seen from both of these teams over the years is that they find a way to win. I have relatives on both these teams so Good luck.

These 2 teams did not have Spring practice, so they just started practicing with this years team. Pads just came on for only 1 week before this scrimmage. That means in no way should they be looking anywhere near ready for prime time. Next weeks scrimmages should make a ton of difference. These early scrimmage games are nothing more than practicing against another team. Yes some teams will look better than others even with no spring ball. That is mainly due to having a ton of starters back from last years team.

YES. If you've been following smoaky the last few weeks, you'll find out they'll finish 0-10 or below .500 at best

:smirk: Yep. I doubt either team is able to win a game this year...... :whome: Geeeeessshh......it was just a scrimmage! No need to panic just yet. :hmm: Check back in a couple of weeks....

I can't believe the coaches don't have them peaking now! lol

These two teams have earned the big target on their backs and I think both have proven that they can handle that. There is a long line waiting for them to slip up.

True, funny how a couple of state championships can make you an evil empire hahaha

True, funny how a couple of state championships can make you an evil empire hahaha

The evil empire is created when people start saying the team is going undefeated or when Carthage fans or Gilmer fans start saying that no ones opinions are any good until they can win like these 2 teams can. Thats what creates a target.

I don't think either team is overrated, but I think the topic is overstated.

On the forum or coffee shop talk, it'll get turned over and over, and poeple will analyze it to death.

In the end, it's all opinions and homers havin fun.

Nothin' matters 'till the whistle blows and the pigskin goes.

I think both of them had rough scrimmages.....but dont throw them to the dogs yet....Traylor and Surratt know how to manage a team. They are both playoff contenders no doubt....however I do think Henderson wins the district. Not a big deal though.....whoever finishes third could still win the state title in this district.

The evil empire is created when people start saying the team is going undefeated or when Carthage fans or Gilmer fans start saying that no ones opinions are any good until they can win like these 2 teams can. Thats what creates a target.

You're a Henderson Lion fan. You've always had a target on the Carthage Bulldogs as we're your biggest rival and y'all are our biggest rival.

Let's go Dawgs!!!!

You're a Henderson Lion fan. You've always had a target on the Carthage Bulldogs as we're your biggest rival and y'all are our biggest rival.

Let's go Dawgs!!!!

That can be a true statement. Gladewater and Gilmer have been rivals for a long time, and although Gilmer has had the Bear's number over the last decade, the official won-loss records when they have played each other, is surprisingly close, within 2 or 3 games. I would venture to say, of all the teams that Gladewater plays, beating the Buckeyes would be the highlight of the year. There was a time when that team we wanted to beat was White Oak, and Spring Hill, and back in my High School early years, it was Kilgore. That's when we actually were in the same district with Kilgore, Henderson, Jacksonville, Pine Tree, and others. Now that was a tough district!

I don't think Carthage or Gilmer are overrated. I think that they had their first scrimmage and they are in the process of seeing what they need to improve on. I get a kick out of reading all this stuff and watching everyone right off their teams or talk bad about teams in a scrimmage. Scrimmages are not for winning they are for observing and analyzing your talent. I don't think that winning or losing a scrimmage goes for or against your record so I wouldn't place to much worth in it. I know from what I have seen from both of these teams over the years is that they find a way to win. I have relatives on both these teams so Good luck.

I don't because they aren't rated at all! Can they play a game or two first before you start bashing them?

I thought people said Gilmer looked pretty good in there scrimmage. Then I heard Carthage didin't look so great. I do think that Henderson has the best defensive players in the district in the Fletcher twins, just not sold on the LB for Carthage but maybe that will change this season. I don't think either team is overrated because every fan of those two teams I have heard from aren't real sure what to expect yet. Each team knows they lost alot of talent last year, and this year might be a tough road.

I thought people said Gilmer looked pretty good in there scrimmage. Then I heard Carthage didin't look so great. I do think that Henderson has the best defensive players in the district in the Fletcher twins, just not sold on the LB for Carthage but maybe that will change this season. I don't think either team is overrated because every fan of those two teams I have heard from aren't real sure what to expect yet. Each team knows they lost alot of talent last year, and this year might be a tough road.

Texas is sold on the LB for Carthage. Have you ever seen him play ?

CATS94 said it, UT is sold on him.

Thomspon is a great LB.. No doubt.. Just because UT wants him doesnt mean hes the best.. 6'3 230 is ideal for colleges, not 5'7 213 or 5'9 230..... Look at the kid Tenaha had in the late 90s.. By far the best athlete in ET at the time but undersized..

CATS94 said it, UT is sold on him.

UT has recruited players that ended up not amounting to nothing. Not saying this will happen. He is a big guy with good foot work but he will get double teamed alot this year. The reason Cord Fletcher from Henderson isnt recruited by D1's is because of his height. Dont get me wrong, Carthage LB is a defensive end looking LB. I hope he does well cause i am a longhorn fan.