Carthage and Gilmer overrated?

footballguy44

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think either team is overrated. I believe this because of one thing, "Tradition". It is hard for a high school player to be around older brothers, cousins, uncles, and dad's who were a part of a winning program, if they don't produce on the field. I'm not from either town, but to teams' like these, an off year is three regular season losses and getting beat in the area round of the playoffs.

Usually, the folks who cry "overrated" are the one's who haven't made the playoffs in the last decade.

You may be right, but a defeat will NOT come at the hands of the Leopards! :whome:

I AM right. There is no way that Carthage and Gilmer will go undefeated.

Especially not Gilmer cause they are going down 9/17.

both of them are overrated if you ask me nobody in district 16-3a will go undefeated!

Just because Gilmer has a few more district championships than Gladewater, a undefeated district streak, 2 state championships, most losses in playoffs were from teams that won state, in the last 10 years makes them overrated then I guess they are. I'm still a fan and ya'll dont like it the beat'em.

From the reports I have heard, Henderson looks good. I also know Carthage and I know Gilmer. Gilmer may have lost 20+ to graduation last year, but like I tell everybody I have talked to, they don't rebuild they reload. For the town's sake, I hope Henderson has a good year, I am sick of telling people I played there and getting chuckles. Henderson has a chance to make playoffs. Don't discount Pittsburgh either. Should be a good district.

From the reports I have heard, Henderson looks good. I also know Carthage and I know Gilmer. Gilmer may have lost 20+ to graduation last year, but like I tell everybody I have talked to, they don't rebuild they reload. For the town's sake, I hope Henderson has a good year, I am sick of telling people I played there and getting chuckles. Henderson has a chance to make playoffs. Don't discount Pittsburgh either. Should be a good district.

Henderson is talent rich, they just need someone to align the stars just right! :thumbsup:

I think the stars are aligned this year. Finally.

LIONMAN,

You know us Carthage people know exactly how you feel. When we finally got a coach who knew/knows how to use the talent he has we took off.

If y'all do the same the Henderson/Carthage rivalry will be red hot again!

It's been interesting to read all you fine folks 'guessing' at what's going to happen. We need to realize that ANY team can loose on ANY given night. I saw the Carthage - Whitehouse scrimmage, and can honestly say that the big receiver that Whitehouse has is very good. In the live scrimmage of the last of two quarters they run a pass play where Carthage missed several tackles and he went the distance with about 30 seconds left and they won 3 to 2. Carthage had wide receivers open in several cases in which the QB overthrew them or there would have been at least 2 touchdowns more for Carthage. All that said, THIS MEANS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! I predict that the Dawgs will compete, and as much as I would love to see them win another State title, history shows they third time is tougher than the second one. I want them to win, period. However, I know that they lost a bunch of kids to college, and one of their big receives may be back by Gilmer game from a ACL injury. The reality of it is I will pull for them win, loose or draw. Carthage and Gilmer will be a good game. Henderson and Carthage throw records out when they play; it will be in Henderson and also a good game. I'm a Dawg's fan, not arrogant, and I really believe that most of the Carthage fans aren't arrogant as they were accused of. Most people who pull for their teams aren't arrogant, they just love their schools and want them to win. I believe the district will be between the Dawgs, Lions, and Buckeyes, and I can only hope for two state championships from our district. Good luck to all!

It's been interesting to read all you fine folks 'guessing' at what's going to happen. We need to realize that ANY team can loose on ANY given night. I saw the Carthage - Whitehouse scrimmage, and can honestly say that the big receiver that Whitehouse has is very good. In the live scrimmage of the last of two quarters they run a pass play where Carthage missed several tackles and he went the distance with about 30 seconds left and they won 3 to 2. Carthage had wide receivers open in several cases in which the QB overthrew them or there would have been at least 2 touchdowns more for Carthage. All that said, THIS MEANS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! I predict that the Dawgs will compete, and as much as I would love to see them win another State title, history shows they third time is tougher than the second one. I want them to win, period. However, I know that they lost a bunch of kids to college, and one of their big receives may be back by Gilmer game from a ACL injury. The reality of it is I will pull for them win, loose or draw. Carthage and Gilmer will be a good game. Henderson and Carthage throw records out when they play; it will be in Henderson and also a good game. I'm a Dawg's fan, not arrogant, and I really believe that most of the Carthage fans aren't arrogant as they were accused of. Most people who pull for their teams aren't arrogant, they just love their schools and want them to win. I believe the district will be between the Dawgs, Lions, and Buckeyes, and I can only hope for two state championships from our district. Good luck to all!

Good luck to the Bulldogs this year & every other team in the "District of Doom". In my opinion, the hardest State Championship to win, is the first one!

After this weekend all i been hearing is

:nowhearthis: Number 1-Carthage-o line d line small Morgan has no protection with star safety out the big linebacker only bright spot they have no wonder the famous cocky Carthage fans are Speechless

:nowhearthis: Number 2Gilmer are small this year Luke Turner will be a force to be deal with but a QB with no weapons is a QB with no weapons where the stud RB that has Gilmer so excited??

Henderson has the biggest team in district they shut out hallsville 4to0 with the stud d lineman fletcher getting 6 tackles for losses and the twin leading the HUGE D questions at QB still

Pitts QB with no weapons Mitch gonna have to be great for them to crack into playoffs dd should be good with Koe

Gladewater SPEED SPEED SPEED,,,thats all though \

Springhill good o but this district is built for speed and d so maybe next year

Moral Henderson could upset for district title against Carthage,,Gilmer closely behind

Thanks for reading this is a 17 year olf boy posting this ill keep yal updated :notworthy:

NIMROD X 2

• 3 months later...
After this weekend all i been hearing is

:nowhearthis: Number 1-Carthage-o line d line small Morgan has no protection with star safety out the big linebacker only bright spot they have no wonder the famous cocky Carthage fans are Speechless

:nowhearthis: Number 2Gilmer are small this year Luke Turner will be a force to be deal with but a QB with no weapons is a QB with no weapons where the stud RB that has Gilmer so excited??

Henderson has the biggest team in district they shut out hallsville 4to0 with the stud d lineman fletcher getting 6 tackles for losses and the twin leading the HUGE D questions at QB still

Pitts QB with no weapons Mitch gonna have to be great for them to crack into playoffs dd should be good with Koe

Gladewater SPEED SPEED SPEED,,,thats all though \

Springhill good o but this district is built for speed and d so maybe next year

Moral Henderson could upset for district title against Carthage,,Gilmer closely behind

Thanks for reading this is a 17 year olf boy posting this ill keep yal updated :notworthy:

Yeah you were right. WAY overated. Come back when you turn 18