New Boston/DeKalb

OLEMAN

I am very cautiously optimistic about DK's chances tomorrow night. I want a win. I am not all into moral victories, but at the same time, after the season our kids had last year, I just want them to know they can be competitive again. Hopefully, DK can get off to a good start against NB and not get in a big hole early like the past few years. If we can do that, then I think we will have a "chance" at a victory.

Either way, I hope it is a good, hard fought game and both teams come away injury free. Good luck to all!

I also have convinced myself to be cautiously optimistic, however, after an 0-10 season, I would accept a "moral victory."

I am very cautiously optimistic about DK's chances tomorrow night. I want a win. I am not all into moral victories, but at the same time, after the season our kids had last year, I just want them to know they can be competitive again. Hopefully, DK can get off to a good start against NB and not get in a big hole early like the past few years. If we can do that, then I think we will have a "chance" at a victory.

Either way, I hope it is a good, hard fought game and both teams come away injury free. Good luck to all!

Does anyone know exactly how many times these two schools have played?

It may not be the longest running rivalry in the state, but I bet it does not take real long to list those that have been going at it longer......

Sherman vs. Denison is the oldest Texas Rivalry

The Battle of the Ax

This will be 81st meeting, I believe 78 or 79 consecutive.

Does anyone know exactly how many times these two schools have played?

It may not be the longest running rivalry in the state, but I bet it does not take real long to list those that have been going at it longer......

This will be 81st meeting, I believe 78 or 79 consecutive.

That is incredible. My mothers people were all from Dekalb and growing up I was a part time Bear every summer. Half of the Dekalb cemetery are "Dunn's" and I am related to everyone of them.

Been following this game for over forty years now..... Good luck Dekalb.

I HEARD DEKALB HAS DONE WELL IN THEIR SCRIMMAGES. I CONGRADULATE THEM AND HOPE TONIGHT WILL BE A GOOD GAME. WITH THAT SAID, NEW BOSTON IS VERY QUICK IN THE SKILLED POSITIONS AND I THINK IT WILL BE HARD FOR DEKALB TO CONTEND.

NB 44 DEKALB 12, 14 IF THEY HAVE A LATOOF LEFT.

That is incredible. My mothers people were all from Dekalb and growing up I was a part time Bear every summer. Half of the Dekalb cemetery are "Dunn's" and I am related to everyone of them.

Been following this game for over forty years now..... Good luck Dekalb.

so you are kin to Morris Wilbur Dunn