The Pinecone Bowl--West Sabine VS Hemphill

SAPACK1

The annual Pinecone bowl will take place this Friday. Hemphill has carried the Pinecone Bowl Trophy the past several years. What are your thought/predictions in this contest?

West Sabine brings back all skill position players from last season plus an extra. They can run the ball effectively and pass with success. The defense has been really good in the past game and scrimmages. If West Sabine plays four quarters they will win.

Hemphill has a very suspect defense but offensively they can score from anywhere on the field on any play. Freshman RB Justin Twine is really strong and maybe the quickest back that West Sabine will face all year. If the Tigers can contain Justin it will be a long night for the Hornets.

Both teams will score but I'm taking the Tigers in a shoot out. West Sabine 30 Hemphill 24.

Is it really called the "Pine Cone Bowl"?

That's awesome.

Yeah man, this game goes way back, played in it myself back in '77. They was gonna broadcast it this year on ABC's "Wide World of Sports", but there isn't enough electrical power that far back in the woods to run the broadcast trucks. Turn on the camera and the Dairy Queen shuts down.

I pulling for my hometown Hornets, but could go either way, should be a close one.

Yeah man, this game goes way back, played in it myself back in '77. They was gonna broadcast it this year on ABC's "Wide World of Sports", but there isn't enough electrical power that far back in the woods to run the broadcast trucks. Turn on the camera and the Dairy Queen shuts down.

I pulling for my hometown Hornets, but could go either way, should be a close one.

Dairy Queen ,man 'bigdav', thats not even considered the "sticks" around here, thats "uptown"!

Dairy Queen ,man 'bigdav', thats not even considered the "sticks" around here, thats "uptown"!

Hey y'all have had a Dairy Queen long before Hemphill. We were back in the woods so far by the time we saw the 1975 Dick Clark's "Rocking New Year Eve" tv show it was 1977. The reason it's called the Pine Cone Bowl is cause that's what we used to play it with instead of a football. If thats not the sticks, I don't know what is Hayseed. :rofl:

Hey y'all have had a Dairy Queen long before Hemphill. We were back in the woods so far by the time we saw the 1975 Dick Clark's "Rocking New Year Eve" tv show it was 1977. The reason it's called the Pine Cone Bowl is cause that's what we used to play it with instead of a football. If thats not the sticks, I don't know what is Hayseed. :rofl:
But.......But yall have a Dairy Queen that suceeded and is still in operation 'bigdav'! Our has long since went under 1980 ish i'd say. Besides ketchup still comes in a glass bottle out here and the metal cap screws on.

But.......But yall have a Dairy Queen that suceeded and is still in operation 'bigdav'! Our has long since went under 1980 ish i'd say. Besides ketchup still comes in a glass bottle out here and the metal cap screws on.

Hayseed, my dad built that DQ in Hemphill, I was one of the first employees and the only reason it suceeded was that he sold it after only a year, cause I was eating all the profits up. Loved them DQ steak fingers! Great rivalry game, best of luck to both teams.

Hayseed, my dad built that DQ in Hemphill, I was one of the first employees and the only reason it suceeded was that he sold it after only a year, cause I was eating all the profits up. Loved them DQ steak fingers! Great rivalry game, best of luck to both teams.
Thanks 'bigdav' now i'm hungry. Best of luck to your team man.Now we know how 'bigdav' became .............well.....'bigdav'! Yum steak fingers.