Johnson, Cink, Fowler, & Woods Captain's Picks

FlowJack

I don't know about just a scratch golfer. Granted he has not played Tiger-like for the past year, but look at his finishes- that is a great year for most people. 2 T-4 in majors, a T-11, T-11 the last 2 tourneys. I know he has missed the cut a couple of times and been very up and down, but I don't disagree with the pick. Pavin would have probably caught a ton of grief for not picking him on the team. It would have been as bad as Sutton putting Tiger and Phil together a few years ago. The only way Tiger wasn't going to be on this team was if he didn't want to be. Now he may not play in every session like he normally does.

I don't know about just a scratch golfer. Granted he has not played Tiger-like for the past year, but look at his finishes- that is a great year for most people. 2 T-4 in majors, a T-11, T-11 the last 2 tourneys. I know he has missed the cut a couple of times and been very up and down, but I don't disagree with the pick. Pavin would have probably caught a ton of grief for not picking him on the team. It would have been as bad as Sutton putting Tiger and Phil together a few years ago. The only way Tiger wasn't going to be on this team was if he didn't want to be. Now he may not play in every session like he normally does.

very true....this past weekend, of the other 11 guys on the team, only Steve Stricker(t-9) finished ahead of Tiger and another finished tied with him. Mickelson, my favorite golfer, cratered on Sunday.

very true....this past weekend, of the other 11 guys on the team, only Steve Stricker(t-9) finished ahead of Tiger and another finished tied with him. Mickelson, my favorite golfer, cratered on Sunday.

Mickelson is definitely struggling-not sure if he can help us either. I know Woods can be more than just a scratch golfer, he's just not playing that way right now. However, playing competitive golf for the last 2 weeks in a row seems to have helped his game. I still don't think he's an asset to the team-will be too much of a distraction, playing overseas. Their media may not be as gentle, nor will the fans (remember, this is Euro v USA) :unsure: