jville vs gilmer updates please

ComBat

1st of all let me say this. i've always respected YOU and your post. i still do. i know this will sound like i'm defending the Tatum posters but i don't intend to but i'm sure they are like many other people over the years sick of SOME of the Gilmer posters who have tried to dominate the discussions on here about how wonderful Gilmer is. yes Gilmer has had GREAT teams and are still a good team this year but not great. not EVERYONE has to be happy for Gilmer when their team is great or should i say not everyone cares but i promise you if you took a vote on Smoaky from non Gilmer posters i guarantee you the majority if voted honestly would say they get sick of hearing how wonderful Gilmer is. some Gilmer posters may not admit it but they have rubbed their Buckeyes in peoples faces. maybe not directly but indirectly. i just think the Tatum posters along with many others are enjoying seeing Gilmer down a notch because of some of their fans here on Smoaky. i hope you don't take this personal because you are one of the Gilmer posters i do respect.

to the few Gilmer fans that you are referring to..... every team has their homers...... we realistic few will be the first to come on after a win or a loss and give the other team their props....... we did last week and they did the same...... good job, yall will make some noise this year, top 3 in dist., blah, blah, blah.......... now they come on this thread and tear down what they said......... take a stand on what side of the fence to chunk stones from!!!!!!!! Gilmer is a little down from what we have had in the past years, but these kids have what it takes to get the job done!!!!!!!!!! I will take the Losses in pre season but we will be in the mix when it counts!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk it up, Gilmer fans won't be online for a few days. They are sure fast to say how bad the will blow you out, but slow to tell you how good you whipped them and then make excuses about how the just played sloppy. It's OK Gilmer, you just got spoiled to winning. this just ain't your year.

Dang............... we just got spoiled to winning????????? whatever,,,,,,,, played sloppy? I would love to replay the Sloppy game with your little eagles????????

Ok, OAB "may" have been talking about me in his thread, not sure, so let me explain. Yes, Gilmer could have won both games they lost. They were in it til the end despite all the turnovers. I haven't been to these games, so all I know is from the internet and my interpretation. !st of all, Congratulations to Jacksonville for a great game. My 2 areas for concern:

1) Turnovers. I know, part of the game. Just haven't had THIS many in years. Luke is a young qb, and is bound to make some errors and mistakes. Its a learning process. Some of the INT have come on deflections, but the others on just great plays by the defense. With that schedule, you can't have that many turnovers and expect to win, but the offense has kept them in both games, so kudos on never giving up. That brings us to:

2) Defense. Yes, they DID play better last night, but they are putting too much pressure on a young qb and his offense.

I believe C Miller is the leader of the defense and is hurt. Well, somebody needs to step up and become a leader and ignite that defense. 90 pts in 2 games is uncalled for, I don't care who they played. I'm certain they WILL get better, but you can tell J Traylor didnt have confidence in his defense with that onside kick in the 4th. You just scored and went ahed with 4 min to play, and you onside kick? Yes, Gilmer should have won both games, but, they are young and inexperienced, as that last drive showed last night. I DO think in both losses, they simply ran out of time. They can outscore anyone, but the defense has got to step up.

I used to have respect for you Tatum fans. I've never seen a bunch of guys "gloat" about beating Gilmer, like you guys are. The officiating is horrible here,,, the clock keeping is miserable,, worst you guys have ever seen. Gilmer went from being a "great team you guys were "better than" last weekend,,,,, to us having a horrible team,, with absolutely no defense this week,, and home cooking refs,, and timekeepers. I guess talking us down makes you guys feel better. I hope you do play Daingerfield now,, and I hope they wipe the field up with you guys. I don't ever come on here blasting someone else so this is out of character for me. And I gave you guys props last week for playing a great game. You "do" have a good football team,,, but your game with Gilmer is over,,, it would be nice to see ya'll have a little respect for a team you barely beat last week. You guys "just" beat us. But you get on here and blast Gilmer now??????? if you "barely" beat us,,, and we're so horrible,,, what does that make you guys????? You guys are just lurking around now,, like vultures,,, go post on your own thread, if you can't stop putting Gilmer's defense down.

Props to Jacksonville last night. That was a whale of a game,,, and our defense did "not" get beat because we were so horrible. Jacksonville is a whale of a team. And I will say this much,,, we played better last night against a much better team than last week. Gloat Tatum,,, but we darn near beat a "very good 4A team last night. According to you guys,,, you beat a "much inferior" team last week by "a touchdown",,, but oh,, I forgot,,, you are Tatum,,, and ya'll are great.

And win lose or draw,,, I'm "so very proud" of my Buckeyes,, because they have so much fight in them,,, and we "NEVER" quit. Yes,,, we have a very inexperienced defense,, but I saw a ton of really great defensive plays last night. But Jacksonville has a fantastic QB,, and two wide recievers that aren't big as a minute,, but are super fast, and very hard to bring down. They will give fits to a lot of folks this year. I don't think our kids have a single thing to be ashamed of.

Luke has to stop being careless at times,,, but to his credit, Jacksonville's kids were in his face most of the game,, and he had to throw on the run. If anybody was actually there,, they they would realize that Jacksonville outweighed us by at least 60 pounds per man across the front,,, probably closer to 80 lbs per man. That is nothing our kids can do anything about. Blast them if you must,,, but it only makes you look bad by doing so. Judge our kids on effort, and heart,, not being over matched. JV has probably twice the students to pick from due to their school size,, and they beat us by 5 points,, and we're horrible on defense? Gimme' a break,,,,

Great job Buckeyes,,,,, It was David against Goliath last night,,, and they doggone near got the stone to the forehead. And so far I've seen at least 4 Buckeye faithful on here so we don't all run away and hide when we get defeated. At least we never "live" on someone else's thread talking down their team, officials, and time keepers long after we beat them. We have more class than that.

Don't really see were Tatum is gloating too much. Most Tatum fans think you wil still be at the top of your very tough district. We do not think we beat a much inferior team last week. We think that we beat a great team at there house by just being a better team. But if you guys played much better against a much better 4a team, then why is it that when you played a little worse at home you get beat by a little old 2A school. Things were always great when Gilmer was running up the score on Tatum for so many years, but now we beat Gilmer on there own field being ranked #3 in 3A and Gilmer fans try to make excuses that if it weren't for dropped passes and penalties that Tatum would not have had a chance against them if they played their best. Guess it was just luck that we hung over 40 points on your defense.

nice jab at SH. it may be true but didn't need to be said that way

That was not really a jab at SH, it was a response to a comment by Tatum_Dirtybird above my post. I like and respect SH and am happy to see them do well and win a few. I just don't think they have it to get a spot in the playoffs in this district. If I am wrong, I will be one of the first on here to tell you congrats.

That was not really a jab at SH, it was a response to a comment by Tatum_Dirtybird above my post. I like and respect SH and am happy to see them do well and win a few. I just don't think they have it to get a spot in the playoffs in this district. If I am wrong, I will be one of the first on here to tell you congrats.

it just didn't sound good saying SH has no chance at all. like i said you may be right but i doubt you would like to hear someone say Gilmer has no chance at beating Daingerfield, Henderson, Carthage or Pittsburg

So, Gilmer is down some this year. For the homers that follow Gilmer, that isn't a complete surprise. But they have some things to work on and if they are able to make some changes and corrections then watch out. I don't care if someone is taking shots at us from Tatum, they managed to pull out a close one last week and they deserve the right to talk a little trash. Maybe they do think they are really that much better than us, but I would love to play that one again, not to sure it would turn out different.

Congrats to Jax for the win last night. By what I hear y'all are an extremely well coached team that played very disciplined ball. That will take you far. Good luck the rest of the season and make some noise in 4a.

it just didn't sound good saying SH has no chance at all. like i said you may be right but i doubt you would like to hear someone say Gilmer has no chance at beating Daingerfield, Henderson, Carthage or Pittsburg

It wouldn't bother me at all, I would just debate the point with them. Isn't that what we do on this board? Gilmer could lose all 4 of those and I wouldn't be shocked. We could also win all 4 and I wouldn't be shocked, ok, I would be a little surprised. I think we go 2-2 against those 4 but I'm hoping I am pleasantly surprised.

Dang............... we just got spoiled to winning????????? whatever,,,,,,,, played sloppy? I would love to replay the Sloppy game with your little eagles????????

After figuring out your defense in the second half, I believe that our coaches and player would love to play you again. Here is a secret to other teams that play you. Gilmer is soft up the middle. You pound it on them and they give you an inch and that is all the fast backs at Tatum needed. Be glad we are not in 3A still or you would possibly have to face us again.

Goes both ways. You say we congratulated Tatum and said they are a great team, but then there is always that "but" if we had not played sloppy, if we had caught those passes, if we had not made those penalties. Well if "if's" and "but's" were candy and peanuts ohhh what a great Christmas you guys would have. Lets see who is still playing in December.

1st of all let me say this. i've always respected YOU and your post. i still do. i know this will sound like i'm defending the Tatum posters but i don't intend to but i'm sure they are like many other people over the years sick of SOME of the Gilmer posters who have tried to dominate the discussions on here about how wonderful Gilmer is. yes Gilmer has had GREAT teams and are still a good team this year but not great. not EVERYONE has to be happy for Gilmer when their team is great or should i say not everyone cares but i promise you if you took a vote on Smoaky from non Gilmer posters i guarantee you the majority if voted honestly would say they get sick of hearing how wonderful Gilmer is. some Gilmer posters may not admit it but they have rubbed their Buckeyes in peoples faces. maybe not directly but indirectly. i just think the Tatum posters along with many others are enjoying seeing Gilmer down a notch because of some of their fans here on Smoaky. i hope you don't take this personal because you are one of the Gilmer posters i do respect.

Good Post!

AOB.....first off, let me say this...I'm not into writing short novels....but i'll spend a little time on it. I'm sorry that you no longer have respect for us....but it will make it easier on my heart for being jerk to you if need be in later posts.

Okay....I saw the clock sit still in Gilmer up to 5 seconds during plays here and there while Gilmer was trying to mount a comeback......maybe the keeper was into the game, maybe not. I payed attention this week in ATL to see if high school score keepers just had this type of delay.....ATL's was on point...ref motioned, time started on key. Did the Gilmer time keeper do this on purpose?.....I do not know....but it is indeed possible that it happened 2 weeks in a row from someone's earlier post.

And the home cooking comments......I'm from Tatum.....the refs in Gilmer are always gonna be terrible in my eyes. Would you expect anything different??? LOL

I was in no way talking Gilmer down, predicted ya'll to beat J-ville in fact. I said that I had great respect for Gilmer and wished them well. Sadly...Gilmer is off to a 1-2 start....defense is the reason for this. Need to get it fixed or it will be a long year, the first one in Buckeye town in a long time.

And panther-pride could be right to some extent.....for the last decade...Gilmer this...Gilmer that...I dont really gain joy from Gilmer struggling a little bit....however, I do welcome you back to mortality. I actually like to see Gilmer do well....but if you're gonna act like this.... :rant: I hope, on only your behalf(not the rest of the Gilmerites) that every team you play from here on out this season..how did you say it.....wipes the field up with you. Sorry to the rest of the Buckeye posters.....but hes just too defensive over small talk about his Buckeyes.

It wouldn't bother me at all, I would just debate the point with them. Isn't that what we do on this board? Gilmer could lose all 4 of those and I wouldn't be shocked. We could also win all 4 and I wouldn't be shocked, ok, I would be a little surprised. I think we go 2-2 against those 4 but I'm hoping I am pleasantly surprised.

Not sure about that J-Hawks but good luck..IMO it goes like this

L.E=loss

Daingerfield=loss-Too much everything

Carthage= :hmm: not too sure kinda owe them one

Henderson=Loss--Bucs can't stop the run

Pitt-Loss---Pitt does it all..Top 3 in the district of doom :smirk: (heard that before)

In other words i think Gilmer goes 1-4 in these games..That would bring your record to 2-6--and we will see what happens against Gladewater and Spring Hill...

On the clock keeping. If you did not see suspect clock keeping then you did not watch the clock. It was more than once. Jville coaches went ballistic over it several times.

As far as officiating, I know that this was a Tyler crew. Jville coach has quit using Tyler crews and uses Dallas crews because of the poor quality of the Tyler crews. I am not saying it was home cooking for Gilmer. I am sure that they missed stuff against both teams. But the Tyler chapter just seems to have poor quality officials. That may be just opinion, but Steve Wells doesn't use them for a reason. If Tyler chapter officials read this and get upset. Then get better. We live in a free market system and that lets us choose better quality or better price when it is available.

Ok, back to the game. Gilmer's defense came up against a pretty good Jville offense. Just like Jville's defense came up against a pretty good Gilmer offense. Sometimes the offense wins. Last drive, Jville knew Gilmer had to pass due to timeout situation and had kids coming from every direction. I honestly thought we were going to overtime or getting beat on a 2pt conversion.

Was very surprised by the onside kick after the last touchdown. Both QB's put on a show. Not sure of the stats for either one but they are both good. Great game by both teams and good luck the rest of the way.

Carthage, Pitt, Henderson, Gladewater, and Spring Hill had better not think this is a "down" team. They may be "down" by Gilmer standards, but they are still a good ballclub

On the clock keeping. If you did not see suspect clock keeping then you did not watch the clock. It was more than once. Jville coaches went ballistic over it several times.

As far as officiating, I know that this was a Tyler crew. Jville coach has quit using Tyler crews and uses Dallas crews because of the poor quality of the Tyler crews. I am not saying it was home cooking for Gilmer. I am sure that they missed stuff against both teams. But the Tyler chapter just seems to have poor quality officials. That may be just opinion, but Steve Wells doesn't use them for a reason. If Tyler chapter officials read this and get upset. Then get better. We live in a free market system and that lets us choose better quality or better price when it is available.

Ok, back to the game. Gilmer's defense came up against a pretty good Jville offense. Just like Jville's defense came up against a pretty good Gilmer offense. Sometimes the offense wins. Last drive, Jville knew Gilmer had to pass due to timeout situation and had kids coming from every direction. I honestly thought we were going to overtime or getting beat on a 2pt conversion.

Was very surprised by the onside kick after the last touchdown. Both QB's put on a show. Not sure of the stats for either one but they are both good. Great game by both teams and good luck the rest of the way.

Carthage, Pitt, Henderson, Gladewater, and Spring Hill had better not think this is a "down" team. They may be "down" by Gilmer standards, but they are still a good ballclub

Give it a few more weeks and we can revisit that... :smirk: Gilmer 's schedule doesn't do them any favors...Sorry JMO -I bet that 5-5 or 6-4 i predicted for you guys in preseaon sounds nice right about now.. :happy65:

After figuring out your defense in the second half, I believe that our coaches and player would love to play you again. Here is a secret to other teams that play you. Gilmer is soft up the middle. You pound it on them and they give you an inch and that is all the fast backs at Tatum needed. Be glad we are not in 3A still or you would possibly have to face us again.

soft in the middle? the td's that you got were from going to the outside, not the middle..... thanks for helping us out by going down to 2aa (sarcasm) for we are not worthy of being on the same field with the mighty eagles from east longview (more sarcasm)......... you do have a pretty salty team and you will do fine this year, and as far as who will be playing in Dec.,,,,,,,,,,, good luck is the best I can give you...... too early to tell and my crystal ball is still hazy.....

I disagree. Coach Wells quit using Tyler crews (when he gets to choose the crew) because they don't give him the calls he wants. Nothing against Coach Wells, as I know him personally, but that is just the way it is.

These particular crew members have worked a total of five (5) - FIVE state championship games - including the 2008 Division ! 5 A championship! (Not counting the close to 40 playoff games they've worked at every level!). Could they have had an off night? Sure. Every one does. However, I seriously doubt it. It is just those "officials" in the stands did not like the calls made on the field!

However, for those "officials" in the stands - get off your #### and become an official and see if you can do it better! I seriously doubt you could!

Unfortunately, the time clock operator at most high school games is some local person who is supposed to folow the officials - not the game. I know there have been games in the past where the game had to be stopped & the home clock operator told to follow the officials time keeping and in one game I specifically know of - the clock was turned off & and an official kept the time!

I disagree. Coach Wells quit using Tyler crews (when he gets to choose the crew) because they don't give him the calls he wants. Nothing against Coach Wells, as I know him personally, but that is just the way it is.

These particular crew members have worked a total of five (5) - FIVE state championship games - including the 2008 Division ! 5 A championship! (Not counting the close to 40 playoff games they've worked at every level!). Could they have had an off night? Sure. Every one does. However, for those "officials" in the stands - get off your #### and become an official and see if you can do it better! I seriously doubt you could!

Unfortunately, the time clock operator at most high school games is some local person who is supposed to folow the officials - not the game. I know there have been games in the past where the game had to be stopped & the home clock operator told to follow the officials time keeping and in one game I specifically know of - the clock was turned off & and an official kept the time!

Touchy!!!

Have you ever thought that the calls HE wants to be made are the right ones? I have never seen a coach that goes to a crew and says, "give me an unfair advantage." I believe coaches just want the game called correctly. If you can't take a little constructive criticism then you need to QUIT officiating. I understand human error and that guys do have off nights, but a hold is a hold, a pass interference is a pass interference, a facemask is a ... You get the idea. Since you seem to be an official, I am curious, How often do you as a Tyler chapter official, get the game film from the coaches and evaluate yourself? How often does your chapter president evaluate game film of his crews? I know he can't do that for every crew, every week, because you guys work regular jobs, but he can watch one crew a week at a minimum. I have watched hundreds of East Texas football games and can tell you, looking you straight in the eyes with a clear conscience, that the Tyler chapter does not have the same quality as the Dallas chapter. You don't like it, get better or quit because you are unwilling to improve your craft.

Now, after my soapbox rant, I understand it is a hard job. I also understand that it is a parttime job for you guys. I appreciate that you guys are willing to take the abuse that you do. You are a part of the game and human error does exist. You can't see everything. All I ask is when you have a chance to get better, then do so. I also know that some people think it is always your fault. They usually are the same ones who make excuses for failure in their lives by blaming it on everyone else.

Sorry for the ruffled feathers, but isn't that part of it also?

Watch the film. The second half we lined up in our pwer offense and ran it off the guard and tackle. We were getting 4-5 yards a carry by just running staright at you. Then B.J. Allen would do his thing and and leave everyone in his dust. Gilmer does have a great QB. Seems he has a ton of heart. But if you watched the same game that I did, then you would not want to see Tatum anywhere near Gilmer field again. I would start worrying more about your district than our little 2A squad. The classifications were brought up by you stating that Gilmer played a great 4A school. Gilmer is a great 3A school but got beat by an even better 2A school. Don't worry I am sure that in the future you will be able to rub it in our faces again. But we have a few years coming that we should be good. Wait till our 7th grade become juniors and seniors. Can not wait for those threads of the future.

Gotta head.

"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little saturday, we're um, we're gonna go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed Bath And Beyond, I don't know. I Don't know if we'll have enough time."

Touchy!!!

Have you ever thought that the calls HE wants to be made are the right ones? I have never seen a coach that goes to a crew and says, "give me an unfair advantage." I believe coaches just want the game called correctly. If you can't take a little constructive criticism then you need to QUIT officiating. I understand human error and that guys do have off nights, but a hold is a hold, a pass interference is a pass interference, a facemask is a ... You get the idea. Since you seem to be an official, I am curious, How often do you as a Tyler chapter official, get the game film from the coaches and evaluate yourself? How often does your chapter president evaluate game film of his crews? I know he can't do that for every crew, every week, because you guys work regular jobs, but he can watch one crew a week at a minimum. I have watched hundreds of East Texas football games and can tell you, looking you straight in the eyes with a clear conscience, that the Tyler chapter does not have the same quality as the Dallas chapter. You don't like it, get better or quit because you are unwilling to improve your craft.

Now, after my soapbox rant, I understand it is a hard job. I also understand that it is a parttime job for you guys. I appreciate that you guys are willing to take the abuse that you do. You are a part of the game and human error does exist. You can't see everything. All I ask is when you have a chance to get better, then do so. I also know that some people think it is always your fault. They usually are the same ones who make excuses for failure in their lives by blaming it on everyone else.

Sorry for the ruffled feathers, but isn't that part of it also?

Didn't ruffle my feathers...and no, I am not currently an official...Was indeed one for several years AND officiated games with Coach Wells's team on the field.

And yes, every week our crew would ask (and many times) the coaches actually did return our blank tape/dvd with the game film on it. Our crew (and most of the crews I know that take their job seriously) - watch the films & discuss our calls. We discuss them immediately after the 1st half, and immediately after the game on the drive home.

Is the Tyler chapter better than the Dallas chapter? Who knows. They've got crews that should not be on the field, so does the Tyler chapter...so does the Longview chapter..so does Houston, etc.

So, let me ask You a question - why not get on your rear end and become an official yourself?

Didn't ruffle my feathers...and no, I am not currently an official...Was indeed one for several years AND officiated games with Coach Wells's team on the field.

And yes, every week our crew would ask (and many times) the coaches actually did return our blank tape/dvd with the game film on it. Our crew (and most of the crews I know that take their job seriously) - watch the films & discuss our calls. We discuss them immediately after the 1st half, and immediately after the game on the drive home.

Is the Tyler chapter better than the Dallas chapter? Who knows. They've got crews that should not be on the field, so does the Tyler chapter...so does the Longview chapter..so does Houston, etc.

So, let me ask You a question - why not get on your rear end and become an official yourself?

Here is your answer. I have, just not football, basketball. But had to give it up for job reasons. Thanks for reading my rant!

just another sour grape poster that is tired of gilmer kicking their ****

we will do it again this year too :coolball:

ps i don,t want you to respect me because i durn sure don't respect YOU

Look, just because we say that ya'll are a little down or it's just not your year does not mean we don't respect ya'll. I think we all ( Tatum fans ) didn't get the respect we thought we should have when ya'll came on here making excuses about why ya'll lost due to sloppy play and turnovers. It's all part of the game. I picked Gilmer to win over J'ville and really thought ya'll would win. Why would Tatum want Gilmer to lose. The more ya'll win, the better it makes Tatum look, so get with the program, ya'll are making us look bad.... lol

Ok, sorry for hijacking the thread with officiating. Back to the game.

Comments on the game? Who did you see as the difference maker on offense, defense, special teams?

What call by the coaches made you say hum, or great call?

Can you give any of the kids congrats?

Let's finish the thread with no more griping, trash talking and belly aching! Make it about the kids and the game.

Here is your answer. I have, just not football, basketball. But had to give it up for job reasons. Thanks for reading my rant!

Okie dokie. The one sport I would never or could never officiate - basketball. I love to yell at the officials too much ! LOL

I too had to give up calling because of a promotion at work & having a daughter in the band...I sure do miss it though!