jville vs gilmer updates please

ComBat

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2000 was the last time with back to back losses. If give has 5 turnovers next week again they will lose 3 in a row.

J-Hawks, this appears to be a trend with the turnovers. Turner has made some great plays, but appears to negate those with all the INT's he's throwing. I know one was a deflection, but come on. THATS no BlackFlag defense, its barely exsists.

Traylor showed tonite he has no faith in his Defense in the 4th. They are'nt gonna win any games the way they are playing defensively, and with the turnovers. I've argued and argued that this team will make the playoffs, because of the system, coaching, 6 games at home, and offense. I didnt expect the turnovers, and certainly didnt expect the defense to be this bad. Seems nobody will step up and make a defensive play when needed. The offense has too much pressure on them to score everytime. With a young, inexperienced qb, thats not good.

I have to agree that I didn't expect the turnovers either. But even with these turnovers both losses could have gone either way. I'm not worried about Gilmer and Carthage both lossing tonight. I thought at the begining of the season that we would be lucky to go 7-3 but we would still make the playoffs with a chance of going atleast 3-4 deep, if we win that 1st game. I am now hoping for at least 6-4. I think we lose to D-field and one in District, but I think it is more likely that we end up 5-5 but still make the playoffs. SH doesn't stand a chance against at least 4 of the teams in district. I still think that Henderson, Carthage, and Gilmer will be fighting it out but we will come back to this in a few weeks and we will have a better idea.

Gilmer played hard and never gave up, both last week and tonight. That will keep them in any game. But if they have 5 turnovers next week they will lose again.

Tough loss again, keep your chin up Bucks, hats off to a good J'ville team, they never quit. For as many mistakes as we made, we were still in it, not a bad showing, by a small and very young 3A team, keep your chins up it will get better! Good Job Buckeyes! and Good Luck J'ville on the rest of your season!

I have to agree that I didn't expect the turnovers either. But even with these turnovers both losses could have gone either way. I'm not worried about Gilmer and Carthage both lossing tonight. I thought at the begining of the season that we would be lucky to go 7-3 but we would still make the playoffs with a chance of going atleast 3-4 deep, if we win that 1st game. I am now hoping for at least 6-4. I think we lose to D-field and one in District, but I think it is more likely that we end up 5-5 but still make the playoffs. SH doesn't stand a chance against at least 4 of the teams in district. I still think that Henderson, Carthage, and Gilmer will be fighting it out but we will come back to this in a few weeks and we will have a better idea.

Gilmer played hard and never gave up, both last week and tonight. That will keep them in any game. But if they have 5 turnovers next week they will lose again.

nice jab at SH. it may be true but didn't need to be said that way

Great game by both teams. I hope people dont look at Gilmers 2 losses and assume they're gonna be easy to take down, not the case at all. They still have a very good team, tonight it just looked like Luke was a one man team, dont get me wrong Johnson and Traylor did good, but Luke carried that team. Good luck to the bucks the rest of the way, I'll be pulling for yall.

J-Hawks, this appears to be a trend with the turnovers. Turner has made some great plays, but appears to negate those with all the INT's he's throwing. I know one was a deflection, but come on. THATS no BlackFlag defense, its barely exsists.

Traylor showed tonite he has no faith in his Defense in the 4th. They are'nt gonna win any games the way they are playing defensively, and with the turnovers. I've argued and argued that this team will make the playoffs, because of the system, coaching, 6 games at home, and offense. I didnt expect the turnovers, and certainly didnt expect the defense to be this bad. Seems nobody will step up and make a defensive play when needed. The offense has too much pressure on them to score everytime. With a young, inexperienced qb, thats not good.

Now you know it happens to us all!!! Join the club. :coolball: :coolball: :coolball:

Great game!

It was an edge of your seat game. How about the no look pass by the Jville QB. I don't think I have ever seen that before. Gilmer QB is a player. He was by far their leader. Great job by both teams.

Have to comment on officiating and clock keeping at Gilmer. Both a little suspect, just saying.

The defense did tighten up in the second half. The real shocker was Traylor put Gus Johnson in defensive tackle...he kicked butt...a real shocker

Desperation..........anything to stop the bleeding.

\

Have to comment on officiating and clock keeping at Gilmer. Both a little suspect, just saying.

agreed

Great game!

It was an edge of your seat game. How about the no look pass by the Jville QB. I don't think I have ever seen that before. Gilmer QB is a player. He was by far their leader. Great job by both teams.

Pass was great to watch....really cool!

Clock keeping the last two games a total joke. I've never seen someone get away with so much :homer: ing with the clock. I thought last week was bad but this week takes the cake.

Pass was great to watch....really cool!

Clock keeping the last two games a total joke. I've never seen someone get away with so much :homer: ing with the clock. I thought last week was bad but this week takes the cake.

Talk it up, Gilmer fans won't be online for a few days. They are sure fast to say how bad the will blow you out, but slow to tell you how good you whipped them and then make excuses about how the just played sloppy. It's OK Gilmer, you just got spoiled to winning. this just ain't your year.

I used to have respect for you Tatum fans. I've never seen a bunch of guys "gloat" about beating Gilmer, like you guys are. The officiating is horrible here,,, the clock keeping is miserable,, worst you guys have ever seen. Gilmer went from being a "great team you guys were "better than" last weekend,,,,, to us having a horrible team,, with absolutely no defense this week,, and home cooking refs,, and timekeepers. I guess talking us down makes you guys feel better. I hope you do play Daingerfield now,, and I hope they wipe the field up with you guys. I don't ever come on here blasting someone else so this is out of character for me. And I gave you guys props last week for playing a great game. You "do" have a good football team,,, but your game with Gilmer is over,,, it would be nice to see ya'll have a little respect for a team you barely beat last week. You guys "just" beat us. But you get on here and blast Gilmer now??????? if you "barely" beat us,,, and we're so horrible,,, what does that make you guys????? You guys are just lurking around now,, like vultures,,, go post on your own thread, if you can't stop putting Gilmer's defense down.

Props to Jacksonville last night. That was a whale of a game,,, and our defense did "not" get beat because we were so horrible. Jacksonville is a whale of a team. And I will say this much,,, we played better last night against a much better team than last week. Gloat Tatum,,, but we darn near beat a "very good 4A team last night. According to you guys,,, you beat a "much inferior" team last week by "a touchdown",,, but oh,, I forgot,,, you are Tatum,,, and ya'll are great.

And win lose or draw,,, I'm "so very proud" of my Buckeyes,, because they have so much fight in them,,, and we "NEVER" quit. Yes,,, we have a very inexperienced defense,, but I saw a ton of really great defensive plays last night. But Jacksonville has a fantastic QB,, and two wide recievers that aren't big as a minute,, but are super fast, and very hard to bring down. They will give fits to a lot of folks this year. I don't think our kids have a single thing to be ashamed of.

Luke has to stop being careless at times,,, but to his credit, Jacksonville's kids were in his face most of the game,, and he had to throw on the run. If anybody was actually there,, they they would realize that Jacksonville outweighed us by at least 60 pounds per man across the front,,, probably closer to 80 lbs per man. That is nothing our kids can do anything about. Blast them if you must,,, but it only makes you look bad by doing so. Judge our kids on effort, and heart,, not being over matched. JV has probably twice the students to pick from due to their school size,, and they beat us by 5 points,, and we're horrible on defense? Gimme' a break,,,,

Great job Buckeyes,,,,, It was David against Goliath last night,,, and they doggone near got the stone to the forehead. And so far I've seen at least 4 Buckeye faithful on here so we don't all run away and hide when we get defeated. At least we never "live" on someone else's thread talking down their team, officials, and time keepers long after we beat them. We have more class than that.

I used to have respect for you Tatum fans. I've never seen a bunch of guys "gloat" about beating Gilmer, like you guys are. The officiating is horrible here,,, the clock keeping is miserable,, worst you guys have ever seen. Gilmer went from being a "great team you guys were "better than" last weekend,,,,, to us having a horrible team,, with absolutely no defense this week,, and home cooking refs,, and timekeepers. I guess talking us down makes you guys feel better. I hope you do play Daingerfield now,, and I hope they wipe the field up with you guys. I don't ever come on here blasting someone else so this is out of character for me. And I gave you guys props last week for playing a great game. You "do" have a good football team,,, but your game with Gilmer is over,,, it would be nice to see ya'll have a little respect for a team you barely beat last week. You guys "just" beat us. But you get on here and blast Gilmer now??????? if you "barely" beat us,,, and we're so horrible,,, what does that make you guys????? You guys are just lurking around now,, like vultures,,, go post on your own thread, if you can't stop putting Gilmer's defense down.

Props to Jacksonville last night. That was a whale of a game,,, and our defense did "not" get beat because we were so horrible. Jacksonville is a whale of a team. And I will say this much,,, we played better last night against a much better team than last week. Gloat Tatum,,, but we darn near beat a "very good 4A team last night. According to you guys,,, you beat a "much inferior" team last week by "a touchdown",,, but oh,, I forgot,,, you are Tatum,,, and ya'll are great.

And win lose or draw,,, I'm "so very proud" of my Buckeyes,, because they have so much fight in them,,, and we "NEVER" quit. Yes,,, we have a very inexperienced defense,, but I saw a ton of really great defensive plays last night. But Jacksonville has a fantastic QB,, and two wide recievers that aren't big as a minute,, but are super fast, and very hard to bring down. They will give fits to a lot of folks this year. I don't think our kids have a single thing to be ashamed of.

Luke has to stop being careless at times,,, but to his credit, Jacksonville's kids were in his face most of the game,, and he had to throw on the run. If anybody was actually there,, they they would realize that Jacksonville outweighed us by at least 60 pounds per man across the front,,, probably closer to 80 lbs per man. That is nothing our kids can do anything about. Blast them if you must,,, but it only makes you look bad by doing so. Judge our kids on effort, and heart,, not being over matched. JV has probably twice the students to pick from due to their school size,, and they beat us by 5 points,, and we're horrible on defense? Gimme' a break,,,,

Great job Buckeyes,,,,, It was David against Goliath last night,,, and they doggone near got the stone to the forehead. And so far I've seen at least 4 Buckeye faithful on here so we don't all run away and hide when we get defeated. At least we never "live" on someone else's thread talking down their team, officials, and time keepers long after we beat them. We have more class than that.

1st of all let me say this. i've always respected YOU and your post. i still do. i know this will sound like i'm defending the Tatum posters but i don't intend to but i'm sure they are like many other people over the years sick of SOME of the Gilmer posters who have tried to dominate the discussions on here about how wonderful Gilmer is. yes Gilmer has had GREAT teams and are still a good team this year but not great. not EVERYONE has to be happy for Gilmer when their team is great or should i say not everyone cares but i promise you if you took a vote on Smoaky from non Gilmer posters i guarantee you the majority if voted honestly would say they get sick of hearing how wonderful Gilmer is. some Gilmer posters may not admit it but they have rubbed their Buckeyes in peoples faces. maybe not directly but indirectly. i just think the Tatum posters along with many others are enjoying seeing Gilmer down a notch because of some of their fans here on Smoaky. i hope you don't take this personal because you are one of the Gilmer posters i do respect.

Thanks AOB!!!!!!!!! With the exception of the turnovers, this game was ours......... JUST LIKE LAST WEEK!!!!!!!!!!! I would like to see Dfield take em' to the wood shed......... oh yes tatum, it will happen!!!!!!!!