jville vs gilmer updates please

ComBat

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, OAB "may" have been talking about me in his thread, not sure, so let me explain. Yes, Gilmer could have won both games they lost. They were in it til the end despite all the turnovers. I haven't been to these games, so all I know is from the internet and my interpretation. !st of all, Congratulations to Jacksonville for a great game. My 2 areas for concern:

1) Turnovers. I know, part of the game. Just haven't had THIS many in years. Luke is a young qb, and is bound to make some errors and mistakes. Its a learning process. Some of the INT have come on deflections, but the others on just great plays by the defense. With that schedule, you can't have that many turnovers and expect to win, but the offense has kept them in both games, so kudos on never giving up. That brings us to:

2) Defense. Yes, they DID play better last night, but they are putting too much pressure on a young qb and his offense.

I believe C Miller is the leader of the defense and is hurt. Well, somebody needs to step up and become a leader and ignite that defense. 90 pts in 2 games is uncalled for, I don't care who they played. I'm certain they WILL get better, but you can tell J Traylor didnt have confidence in his defense with that onside kick in the 4th. You just scored and went ahed with 4 min to play, and you onside kick? Yes, Gilmer should have won both games, but, they are young and inexperienced, as that last drive showed last night. I DO think in both losses, they simply ran out of time. They can outscore anyone, but the defense has got to step up.

I know a team that almost gave up 90 points in one game a few years ago lol,,,!!! Just saying,,,

Talk it up, Gilmer fans won't be online for a few days. They are sure fast to say how bad the will blow you out, but slow to tell you how good you whipped them and then make excuses about how the just played sloppy. It's OK Gilmer, you just got spoiled to winning. this just ain't your year.

Jump'n jiminey christimas! You white headed chickens, are post'n more on Gilmer threads, than anyone, go back and look, at'm , sit'n there ready, with all the sacarstic BS. We wish you well on your season, congradulate you on your win, and this is the #### you start coming off with. Jesus you beat us by 7 pts, with us turning the ball over to you umpteen, times, and was still driving to win the game, and just nearly did, with a very young team, and YES, a weak defense, against a Tatum team loaded with Seniors, that you will be losing at the end of the season! Someone please remind me what Tatum and Gilmer's last 10 record is again please! and the point spreads for that matter, or for that matter, the stats of the most recent game, time of possession etc! 7 pts folks, no matter how you look it at, that all it was, bad clock keep'n and all, jeezz, what's next we greased the ball! Move on,, you have a tough game against P'burg, to worry about! Seriously quys all the respect to you, in the world, but it's getting rediculous!

And there it is.... once again. You can't just say we got beat by the better team that night. It's always " with us turnin the ball over umpteen times".... I guess the game plan was to purposely turn the ball over. Traylor to Turner, " Say Luke, give Tatum a chance and throw like 4 INTs". Funny thing is anytime Tatum mentioned last year, or 2 years ago about anything, everyone tells us " that's in the past, quit living in the past". Get over yourselves for the ones of you that can't just give credit where credit is due. It's not like we didn't give ya'll chance after chance with all our turnovers, we just capitalized and ya'll didn't. It's a part of football. Your football team will improve, unfortunately, ya'lls attitudes and arrogance won't. good day and good luck

Jump'n jiminey christimas! You white headed chickens, are post'n more on Gilmer threads, than anyone, go back and look, at'm , sit'n there ready, with all the sacarstic BS. We wish you well on your season, congradulate you on your win, and this is the #### you start coming off with. Jesus you beat us by 7 pts, with us turning the ball over to you umpteen, times, and was still driving to win the game, and just nearly did, with a very young team, and YES, a weak defense, against a Tatum team loaded with Seniors, that you will be losing at the end of the season! Someone please remind me what Tatum and Gilmer's last 10 record is again please! and the point spreads for that matter, or for that matter, the stats of the most recent game, time of possession etc! 7 pts folks, no matter how you look it at, that all it was, bad clock keep'n and all, jeezz, what's next we greased the ball! Move on,, you have a tough game against P'burg, to worry about! Seriously quys all the respect to you, in the world, but it's getting rediculous!

i was at that game and yes Gilmer did make alot of mistakes. had they not made so many they would've won but some of you from Gilmer need to try and remember that Tatum made their fair share of mistakes as well. i thought the best team won that game. yes they are loaded with seniors and next year they could possibly be down a notch. they sorta remind me of a 3a team that won state last year that was loaded with seniors and yes i'm talking about Gilmer. let the Tatum fans celebrate in their own way and brag that their team rolling up alot of points each week as you Gilmer fans have for years. let them hijack threads for a while.

i was at that game and yes Gilmer did make alot of mistakes. had they not made so many they would've won but some of you from Gilmer need to try and remember that Tatum made their fair share of mistakes as well. i thought the best team won that game. yes they are loaded with seniors and next year they could possibly be down a notch. they sorta remind me of a 3a team that won state last year that was loaded with seniors and yes i'm talking about Gilmer. let the Tatum fans celebrate in their own way and brag that their team rolling up alot of points each week as you Gilmer fans have for years. let them hijack threads for a while.

They've been beating us for so long,they just don't know how to take losing to us, especially since we broke their streak. Gilmer has a top notch program, they just forgot how to take a loss. It's OK Gilmer, you can't win 'em all.

And there it is.... once again. You can't just say we got beat by the better team that night. It's always " with us turnin the ball over umpteen times".... I guess the game plan was to purposely turn the ball over. Traylor to Turner, " Say Luke, give Tatum a chance and throw like 4 INTs". Funny thing is anytime Tatum mentioned last year, or 2 years ago about anything, everyone tells us " that's in the past, quit living in the past". Get over yourselves for the ones of you that can't just give credit where credit is due. It's not like we didn't give ya'll chance after chance with all our turnovers, we just capitalized and ya'll didn't. It's a part of football. Your football team will improve, unfortunately, ya'lls attitudes and arrogance won't. good day and good luck

Dirtybird, again we congradulate Tatum on the Win, don't know how, else to say it! already done it a couple of times before, your beat'n your chest over 1 game, nobody over here, is making excuses, facts are facts, the numbers speak for themselves, you simply want to bash, and complain, but understand one thing, no one's stick'n their head in the sand over here in tatortown, ATTITUDES and ARROGANCE, somtimes is simply, misconstrued, for good ole fashion Pride!, and brother we got alot of that! Again Good Luck on the Rest of your season, and AGAIN, congrats on the win! :thumbsup:

Dirtybird, again we congradulate Tatum on the Win, don't know how, else to say it! already done it a couple of times before, your beat'n your chest over 1 game, nobody over here, is making excuses, facts are facts, the numbers speak for themselves, you simply want to bash, and complain, but understand one thing, no one's stick'n their head in the sand over here in tatortown, ATTITUDES and ARROGANCE, somtimes is simply, misconstrued, for good ole fashion Pride!, and brother we got alot of that! Again Good Luck on the Rest of your season, and AGAIN, congrats on the win! :thumbsup:

Nope, nobody is beat'n their chest. All we keep sayin is that ya'll aren't giving full credit. How can you say nobody is making excuses? Everytime I've heard someone from Gilmer say Congrats, it's always followed by, " but "... and as soon as a Tatum fan said the same thing ya'll are saying " If we hadn't turned the ball over so many times, we would have won by 21", he got jumped on. Yeah, I'm glad we beat Gilmer just like anyone else would be glad, it's a compliment to Gilmer about how glad we are. You just don't know how many people have told us they are so glad we beat ya'll. Tatum fans weren't aware of how arrogant we came off in '05, '06, and '07 and probably the beginning of '08, but we were an arrogant bunch of scrubs. Now, ya'll just don't realize how arrogant people on Smoaky and even people not on Smoaky from Gilmer sound. Yes, it's pride mixed with arrogance. It's OK, nobody hates ya'll, I got nothin but love for ya'll. TRUCE??

GTownballer,

You are exactly right! This thread should stick to the topic. Someone wanted updates on the Jville/Gilmer game.

So I will try to keep it to the point.

One week after suffering a devastating lose to Tatum, Gilmer loses for the second week straight to Jacksonville 43-35. This extends the Buckeyes losing streak to 2. When will the bleeding stop. :P

Most years East Texas football and smack talking belong to the Buckeyes, but this year you are gonna have to take a backseat in both categories.

Ok, OAB "may" have been talking about me in his thread, not sure, so let me explain. Yes, Gilmer could have won both games they lost. They were in it til the end despite all the turnovers. I haven't been to these games, so all I know is from the internet and my interpretation. !st of all, Congratulations to Jacksonville for a great game. My 2 areas for concern:

1) Turnovers. I know, part of the game. Just haven't had THIS many in years. Luke is a young qb, and is bound to make some errors and mistakes. Its a learning process. Some of the INT have come on deflections, but the others on just great plays by the defense. With that schedule, you can't have that many turnovers and expect to win, but the offense has kept them in both games, so kudos on never giving up. That brings us to:

2) Defense. Yes, they DID play better last night, but they are putting too much pressure on a young qb and his offense.

I believe C Miller is the leader of the defense and is hurt. Well, somebody needs to step up and become a leader and ignite that defense. 90 pts in 2 games is uncalled for, I don't care who they played. I'm certain they WILL get better, but you can tell J Traylor didnt have confidence in his defense with that onside kick in the 4th. You just scored and went ahed with 4 min to play, and you onside kick? Yes, Gilmer should have won both games, but, they are young and inexperienced, as that last drive showed last night. I DO think in both losses, they simply ran out of time. They can outscore anyone, but the defense has got to step up.

No, I wasn't talking about you Frisco,, I was definately upset at "some" of the Tatum fans. I think Luke has had 7 int's in two games,,, but yes,,, three of those, maybe four, have been on deflections,, and two of those should have been caught. He can't be falted for those. The others, he's been having to throw on the run. I think I remember two that he simply threw right to a defender,, the others, weren't all his fault. And what I don't think some of the posters on here understand is that last week,, we were up against two superior running backs with more speed than us,,, this week, we were just so oversized,, and over matched. I don't care who you are on that defensive line,,, when you have to go up against kids that outweigh you by 80 lbs or more,,, you're not going to be successful on every play. Jacksonville,,, is a legit,, darn good football team. We have nothing,, and I repeat nothing to be ashamed of by allowing them to outscore us. Our defense played very very good in the fourth quarter. And I too do not agree with the onside kick. Everyone in the stadium knew it was coming, including the JV coaches. My opinion would have been to kick it deep and "make" them go the distance. But they don't pay me to make the calls,,,and I know JT had his own reasons. I just hate seeing people bash our defense, when they don't "see" that we've been outmanned the past two weeks. It's not because we don't have a very decent football team. We have a killer schedule. The games are going to be closer than in the past for sure. We can't blink our noses,, and throw up 60 pts against good teams. That's just how it is.

Don't really see were Tatum is gloating too much. Most Tatum fans think you wil still be at the top of your very tough district. We do not think we beat a much inferior team last week. We think that we beat a great team at there house by just being a better team. But if you guys played much better against a much better 4a team, then why is it that when you played a little worse at home you get beat by a little old 2A school. Things were always great when Gilmer was running up the score on Tatum for so many years, but now we beat Gilmer on there own field being ranked #3 in 3A and Gilmer fans try to make excuses that if it weren't for dropped passes and penalties that Tatum would not have had a chance against them if they played their best. Guess it was just luck that we hung over 40 points on your defense.

I never said that tatum would never have had a chance without the INt's etc. What I did say is we kept shooting ourselves in the foot,,, which we did, plain and simple. And if you or anyone else was in the know,,, then you would know that you did not beat the #3 team in 3A last week,,, you beat a team that was "overrated by a bunch of sportswriters" that don't know squat. Gilmer should never have been rated any higher than 15th to 20th to start this season. We had lost too many experienced players,, and a top rated 3 year starting QB. They ranked us on reputation alone. So don't get too high on your high horse,,, you guys barely beat a team that was ranked too high. I know beating the past years state champion team is a great thrill,,, and I commend you on doing so,, but it is what it is,,, and it's over. And to set things straight,, i've read all these posts,,, and I don't know more than one or two gilmer fans who said anything near that we were going to stomp tatum. That just did not happen by most of us. So aim those comments "just" toward the ones who made them. Thanks.

:hug: Tatum and Gilmer homers need to kiss and make up. This constant bickering, although entertaining at first is starting to get a little old. :icon_eek:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbdown:

between Tatum/Gilmer, and Daingerfield/New Boston, keeps the boards interesting and reading the bickering between them makes 8hrs of work pass in no time at all!!!! If not for these guys I would have to read " Are band members Athletes" in the band forum....

:nowhearthis: PITTREADY!!!!!!!!!

Look, just because we say that ya'll are a little down or it's just not your year does not mean we don't respect ya'll. I think we all ( Tatum fans ) didn't get the respect we thought we should have when ya'll came on here making excuses about why ya'll lost due to sloppy play and turnovers. It's all part of the game. I picked Gilmer to win over J'ville and really thought ya'll would win. Why would Tatum want Gilmer to lose. The more ya'll win, the better it makes Tatum look, so get with the program, ya'll are making us look bad.... lol

Ok,, Maybe you guys are a bit sensitive,, but let me make something perfectly clear. I KNEW "beforehand" our game with you guys would be tough. I indeed, did "not" realize you were as good a team as you are. But once the game started,, I realized you were better than I thought you would be. Clear enough???? But you can "not" say that "I" didn't give you respect. No where was I disrespectful to Tatum's Eagles. And I think you guys "mistake" when Gilmers fans make the comments about us playing "sloppy",,, (and we "were",,, we were terribly sloppy) and making mistakes,,, as being a putdown to you guys. Geeeeeesh,,, don't take things so personal. That's what ticked me off,,, you win,,,, and well deservedly,,, then get mad, because folks up here say we played untypically sloppy, and made a ton of mistakes. And yes,,, yes,,, yes,,, I believe if we had played a more focused,, less sloppy, game with out all the penalties, interceptions, and dropped ####,,, that we "WOULD HAVE" beaten you guys. That as you said,,, is part of football. That certainly does not show disrespect to Tatum what so ever. Mistakes, can kill a football team. We have seen that for two weeks in a row. But where is the respect "we should get",,,, if we, like you say should respect your team for beating us,,, don't you think we should be afforded the same respect as fans for thinking if we had elimated the mistakes that we could have beaten you???

It is what it is,,,,,,,,,, we made a ton of mistakes,,,,, Tatum made mistakes as well,,,, but you guys won,,, you did enough to win,,, and that is what matters. Nobody that respects the game of football,,, and nobody that respects your team is saying anything differently than that. "My" comments,, and I'm sure the comments about the mistakes and sloppy play by our team by a huge majority of the other posters on here from Gilmer,,, were not intended to disrespect your Eagles in any way. If you don't understand my comments now about how mistakes hurt our team during that game,,,, then Lord knows I don't know what else to say to you.

"If you don't understand my comments now about how mistakes hurt our team during that game,,,, then Lord knows I don't know what else to say to you."

How about "Tatum is the Greatest and Gilmer ####. Gilmer could play them 100 times and we would be lucky to win one game."

Just Kidding!!!!!

Agree with you, that if Gilmer eliminated all there mistakes they could have beaten Tatum. Now if both teams would have eliminated there mistakes, then Tatum still wins.. Just my opinion.

"If you don't understand my comments now about how mistakes hurt our team during that game,,,, then Lord knows I don't know what else to say to you."

How about "Tatum is the Greatest and Gilmer ####. Gilmer could play them 100 times and we would be lucky to win one game."

Just Kidding!!!!!

Agree with you, that if Gilmer eliminated all there mistakes they could have beaten Tatum. Now if both teams would have eliminated there mistakes, then Tatum still wins.. Just my opinion.

ARE TATUM PEOPLE GOING TO RIDE US ALL YEAR? I WOULD HATE TO ROOT FOR DANGERFIELD IN THE PLAYOFFS BUT I AM STARTING TO LEAN THAT WAY :coolball:

Congratulations to Jacksonville for the win! Y'all deserved it and got the win. :notworthy: Maybe we can beat y'all in the 'Mater Bowl next year. :thumbsup: We've definitely got to clean up those mistakes, Bucks. If we clean up the mistakes we can still win most of the games we have left. I'll be there, win or lose.

They've been beating us for so long,they just don't know how to take losing to us, especially since we broke their streak. Gilmer has a top notch program, they just forgot how to take a loss. It's OK Gilmer, you can't win 'em all.

Sounds like you better enjoy it this year and be a little humble about it. You future might not be as good with Gilmer as it was in this one game.

Sounds like you better enjoy it this year and be a little humble about it. You future might not be as good with Gilmer as it was in this one game.

Or it might be better.. Never know...

I wish the Gilmer Buckeyes nothing but the best this season.